“lovely hotel walking Distance from everywhere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sultania

You added Hotel Sultania to your Saves list
Hotel Sultania
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ebusuud Cad. Mehmet Murat Sok. No:4 | Sirkeci, Fatih, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #7 of 974 Hotels in Istanbul
London
“lovely hotel walking Distance from everywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights on their CItyBreak Package
This isn't the cheapest hotel on old Istanbul, but it is a charming place with a nice pool and beautiful boutique hotel individual rooms.
Friendly unpressured service
Great location- and they pick you up from the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
yasmaksultanhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Sultania, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
DEAR GUEST

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Sultania for your Istanbul visit.
It will make us happier to see you in our hotel one more time.
When you need any assistance for everything, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Yeşim Korkmaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a really great little hotel with quirky bedrooms. The showers and loos are behind glass screens made opaque by scenes from the Hareem. The beds are very comfortable. Ours felt like a memory foam mattress. The TV is hidden in a picture frame and the sound comes from above the canopy. The double glazing is sufficient to keep out all but the loudest police car's siren.
The staff are great fun and have the knack of being there when you need them and not there when you do not.
Breakfast is great and the huge honeycomb is very sticky but very nice. Eggs to order every day and pastries and fruit make for a well fuelled start.
Sadly there were no free appointments when we wanted at the SPA so I would book early if you want a treatment. Overall a great place.

Room Tip: If travelling in a group 1208 and 1209 are behind a joint outer door. That would be ideal for a fam...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Yesmin and all of the staff of the Hotel Sultania were incredibly helpful, friendly and accommodating! Also the breakfasts were the best we have ever had at a hotel and our room was charming and comfortable....staying at this hotel was an experience in itself!

DEAR GUEST

We appreciate your nice comment about our hotel and staff. It was lovely seeing a familiar Australian face stay with us.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was ou first trip to Istanbul and I HIGHLY recommend the Sultania to first time travelers looking to stay near the sights in the old city. The service is excellent and easy to please, we spoke with Yasmin nearly every day of our trip and she provided us with excellent recommendations and reservations when needed. The Sultania also arranged a private tour with Sela (i don't know his last name), an excellent guide that I highly recommend as well. The rooms are clean and modern with traditional finishes - very stylish. Breakfast is extensive and very good, again, great service by all at the Sultania.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a Hammam for a few Euros more, not sure what the other bathrooms were like but...

rickmansworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked Hotel Sultania from a recommendation from my sister in law. I can say I was not disappointed with the recommendation. Infact, my stay was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and coildnt do enough to make our stay great. I woul definitely recommend this hotel to others and would definitely stay there again. The hotel was central fom the city centre so close to all the sites. Thank you to all the staff at the hotel. By the way they serve an amazing Ottoman corry in a clay pot in the restaurant there and the best lattes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I as other guests have booked the hotel based on the rave reviews. I was looking for a special treat for my husband's 50th birthday. It was everything that we could have wished for. The staff were excellent and incredibly welcoming and helpful. The room itself was as seen in the photographs and was very comfortable. We ate twice in the excellent Olive restaurant and the food was fantastic. I would fully recommend both the hotel and restaurant and would be very happy to stay there again.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I booked the Sultania for 2 nights based on its high TripAdvisor reviews and its quirky yet sophisticated feel. It was right on!

Upon arrival, the check-in experience was comprehensive and included tips on ideal tourist itineraries based on my preferences. The concierge sought me out at the rather hearty breakfast just make sure I had what I needed for my sightseeing -- and provided great suggestions on how to organize my day.

The hotel is very central to the main sights, as well a tram stations for more out of the way destinations. Easy walking to Galata Bridge, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, etc.

I booked a Sultan Spa package that was worth every penny in the hotel spa downstairs! A great and relaxing experience (if more pricey) than a local hammam.

Overall, the service was exceedingly friendly, but not in a way that felt intruding or imposing. And the rooms were immaculate -- with a fun design. My room on the 1st floor was quiet and comfortable, despite being close to the street cafes.

Definitely check out the view from the roof deck!

I would definitely book the Sultania on a return trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Yeşim Korkmaz

Been to Hotel Sultania? Share your experiences!