“It is the little surprises.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sultania

You added Hotel Sultania to your Saves list
Hotel Sultania
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ebusuud Cad. Mehmet Murat Sok. No:4 | Sirkeci, Fatih, Istanbul 34110, Turkey   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Perth, Australia
“It is the little surprises.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I recently spent 4 days at the Sultania and what a great choice in hotels, my wife was very happy
as on check in, the staff helped book private tours, advice on where to go and generally bent over backwards to welcome you. The themed rooms were roomy and surprisingly stylish generally clean with a welcoming turkish delight left on the bed. The hotel is right in the middle of old Istanbul and easy walking distance to the main attractions. The only downside is there is noise from the street but we enjoyed the sound enimating from the crowds. Breakfast is a highlight with a chef on hand to do eggs or pancakes. The rooftop restaurant was brilliant and a must do.
The pool and spa are only average but you will not spend time around pool with so much to do and see. Overall a great hotel with brilliant staff I hope they keep up the effort as I am already planning to come back.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

A friend recommended the Sultania for a one night stay at the end of a cruise.
Convenient for the top sites but in a small pedestrian area, the hotel lacked for nothing. Small gripes were the size of the lift and the lighting quality in the rooms.(not bright enough in the right places).
The staff and the level of personal service were really exceptional in this day and age of chain hotels
Good value for money and highly recommended

Room Tip: Try the honeymoon suite with the mirror on the ceiling
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed there in my last night in Istanbul. I had tried to stay there before but it had no free rooms. So I was more than happy when my travel agency said they finally could book a night! I was not disappointed. It's a beautiful Hotel, with friendly staff near restaurants and shops. Reading this it may seem that the noise could be heard in the room. Not at all. We had a peaceful night. After a long walking journey through the beautiful city of Istanbul it was wonderful not having to search for a restaurant. Facing the Hotel there are plenty. We tried the restaurant in front of main Hotel's entrance and enjoyed both the food and the staff. Oh, and we adored Istanbul!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Excellent hotel, excellent personnel, excellent situation of the hotel near Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue mosque etc. Extremely convenient place with no taking-breath hills etc.
I stayed 5 nights in this hotel with my mother (83 years old!) 1st September 2012 to 6 September 2012.
These guys could not have given me better rooms, 1407 and 1408, connected rooms.
They made me a last minute surprise by telling me that they will not charge me for the king-size bed (I had not asked for anything)
The personnel is there for you and they make you feel <unique>. I was surpised that as soon as we arrived at the reception they asked me <how was my transfer from the airport and if I had any comments>. They told me also that <you are the boss here, tell us what you want>.
Great welcome with cakes and fruits and coffee or tea.

From Tulay, the sales manager, with whom I had the first email contact for the reservation to Birgul who was with really a lot of enthusiasm making our rooms passing from the reception personnel Ramazan, Kahraman, Ayhan reaching the girls and the gentleman at the Spa center (sorry, I could not retain their names), everybody was just perfect and above all, warm and friendly and smily!
Sorry I forgot the waiters in the Olive restaurant where we were taking our breakfast. Great people. My mother and I enjoyed particularly the <gauffres> and the omelettes that this young man was doing for us with his warm glance, patience and smile. (sorry, again, cannot remember all the names). Very hospitable people and very generous.

Oh my God, I have almost forgotten the big surprise.
On 5th September coming back to the hotel from the Pera (Taksim) square, we found a birthday cake! with some more cups for tea and coffee. It was my birthday date and they had found this out from my passport. My mother could not believe in her eyes and I was very very touched!

In a few days I will put my photos online and you could admire the artist of the hotel, Birgul

I chose this hotel using the Tripadvisor for the first time and I wish to thank all of you who have contributed, through your comments, to the gift which I organized for my mother.

I recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Room Tip: 4th floor have french balconies !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

How often do you take a comfortable chair, enjoy some fruit, and relax when checking in? The Sultania has a small elevator but everything else - service to comfort - is big. The staff really listens and is committed to making your stay memorable. We loved the innovative design of the room, integrating traditional elements with modern function. The shower and bathroom area in our room was a work of art, literally. The hotel is at one end of restaurant alley, so have fun and love the food. Guest relations will take care of any bookings...you'll be close to all the major must-see sites, and the markets -Grand Bazaar and Spice - are a short walk with great rewards. Enjoy olives, dates, and more for breakfast!

Room Tip: Might want to get a higher floor as the street is a bit noisy, in a good way...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hotel Sultania is a very good hotel with beautiful interior decor, amazing location in the old city, just 5 min walk to Topkapi Palace, 10 min walk to Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque. And it is situated at a side street that ensures you to have a peaceful rest at night. Also they have polite well trained staff. The housekeeping made beautiful towel arrangement on our bed daily and greeted us politely every morning whenever we see them. I loved the Turkish delight that they gave us on our arrival which they put in a traditional Turkish utensil on our bed. Tastefully decorated room. Nice toiletry kit (very nice smell) and I love the orange flavour Eau de Cologne they gave us! They even have guest relation persons who will contact the customers before they check in the hotel to see whether they can help you with any bookings for tour, spa treatment, turkish bath or dinner arrangement. Yes, price is on a steep sude but it is well worth the money spent. Do not forget their amazing selection of breakfast. They even have mini chocolate fondue on their breakfast buffet table!

Camberley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

A fantastic hotel who really understand the meaning of Service and hospitality. From the moment we arrived till the moment we left nothing was too much trouble they made us feel special. All the staff were well trained, friendly and so helpful. The hotel was all we had hoped for, excellent Turkish ambiance and atmosphere and the breakfast was sumptuous, fit for Sultan. Will definitely stay there again when we re-visit Istanbul which is a fascinating and vibrant city. Also in an excellent location within easy access to all the sites.

Room Tip: We are sure that any room will delight you
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Sultania? Share your experiences!