“Unbelievable quality” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 406 Shopping in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The only company in country working directly with the last families of weavers, making the best quality towels, pestamel, bedcovers, robes, linens, table covers, etc. From only the best quality GOTS certified Turkish cotton, linen and silk. A must see for textile lovers.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Unbelievable quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I bought some of the towels from Jennifer's and reserved my judgement until I got home and washed and used the towels a few times. The experience of using these organic pieces is unbelievable. They are super absorbent, retain their colour and are a constant reminder of our wonderful experience in Istanbul. Not to mention it is a way to connect with the rich culture there. I definitely intend to purchase more for myself and for gifts. Nicole T.

Visited June 2012

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Durham, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Great shop, great products!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We love the items we purchases from Jennifer's. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable without being overbearing. The location was very convenient, and overall a much better experience than shopping within the grand bazaar. Highly recommended.

JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
I and especially the weavers would like to thank you for your efforts to share your experience with the world. These artisans are completely reliant on your word of mouth advertising to help spread the word about their world. Although they never have a chance to meet you, they are constantly asking me to thank all the wonderful people who visit our shop and appreciate the quality of the products they make. Thank you so much for your patronage and support.
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Best of turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Take home the best for you and friends. Fabuluous. Organic. Hand loomed. Priced right. Lovely people! A real touch of turkey.

Visited October 2012
San Francisco, California, United States
“Unique Turkish textile store”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I originally visited in October 2011 while in Istanbul (there are two stores in the Arasta Bazaar, look for the Canadian flag in the window to find them). I bought a set of bath towels for myself, as well as a set for my parents as a Christmas gift. My husband bought a few of the pestamels as gifts for his family. The linens are of high quality, beautifully designed, and everything they sell has been made from Turkish materials by people in Turkey. It's not cheap, but I expect everything I bought to last a long time. And it's good to know we got the real deal. Once I returned to the US, I found that I had to wash the towels many times before they became absorbent, but Jennifer the owner was helpful in emailing me advice on how help this process along and answer my follow-up questions. Almost a year after originally visiting the store, I remembered the bath robe that I wanted in the store but didn't buy. I searched for similar robes in the Bay area where I live and couldn't find anything like it. So, I ordered a custom made (sized to fit me) robe, and they mailed it to me. Jennifer was responsive during the whole custom order process, and I love the bath robe.

Visited December 2012
JennifersHamam, Owner at Jennifer's Hamam, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Weaving is a dying art in Turkey. We are the only company in the country that supports these last artisans, but without YOU, we mean nothing.
The time you have taken to share your wonderful positive comments affects the lives of hundreds of weaving artisans.
It is a rare thing to make a mark, a difference in todays world and you have done it with sharing your opinion. I and especially the weavers thank you and appreciate you more than you'll ever know. We look forward to your next visit in Istanbul.
In the meantime if you have anything to share with us, questions, comments, news or otherwise, please feel free to contact us at jennifershamam@gmail.com
All feedback is important to us; it assists us to continuously strive to improve ourselves.
Thank you!!
Fox Lake, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“It's worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We read about Jennifer's Hamam shop in Lonely Planet. The clerk who helped us was very helpful and knowledgeable. We bought two towels (the most $ I've ever spent on towels in my life!!!) and some soap, and I have to say it was all worth it. The towels are fantastic and very luxurious. We will be contacting the shop to see if we can order more towels to be shipped back to the states.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your words have a profound affect on the lively-hoods of the artisans/families that we work with. Without you, the art of weaving would die in Turkey. I, but especially the weavers thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support and patronage. We look forward to your next visit.