“Wonderful hospitality in a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lausos Hotel

You added Lausos Hotel to your Saves list
Lausos Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Binbirbirek mah. Klodfarer caddesi, 33 | Sultanhmet (old city), Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #132 of 980 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
DC
“Wonderful hospitality in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Lausos is a comfortable hotel in a fantastic location. Its only a few minutes walking to the hippodrome, blue mosque, arasta bazaar, and all the main sights in central Istanbul. Its also near the grand bazaar and the t1 tram. The hotel isnt noisy, and the views are unbelievable.

The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is plentiful and tasty! Its a great Turkish start to each day in Istanbul. The photos and 360 tours on the website are totally accurate.

The shower is very modern, with lights, fan, radio, and 3 separate water settings, but could feel small for taller people. Not all rooms have these showers.

I would absolutely stay at Lausos again, especially considering its lower prices and airport shuttle deals

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We turned up at the hotel at about 9am and were immediately invited to have some breakfast - this was very welcome. And things just got better from there! Our room was clean and tidy with great views across to the Blue Mosque and the Bosphorus. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Sultanahmet and The Grand Bazaar and the tram stop and offers a complimentary afternoon tea from 2 to 4 which is most welcome after a long day walking around. The staff are very friendly and helpful and speak excellent English. And if you are lucky - as we were - they might offer you an upgrade to one of the penthouse suites with fabulous 180 degress views across the city or the harbour. If/when we go back to Istanbul this is where we will stay. Fabulous!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valuable guest;

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay experience with us. In particular, I am very pleased to know that our service and staff have significant role in keeping you returning!

Should you have any further comments, please feel free to contact me directly, as I would be eager to hear from you. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back some day in the near future!

see you next week!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hotel Lausos has a great location in Sultanahmet area. There you'll have walking distance to Blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi palace, Underground Cistern and the Hippodrome. It is also a short walk to the tram that easily takes all around the city of Istanbul. Istanbul is a big and at times noisy city. However, in hotel Lausos you'll have peace and quiet. The service was great and they were very helpful. We would be happy to stay there next time we visit Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your such great impression of our property.

It's alway so nice to hear from great and valuable comments like yours. Your positive comments of your recent stay experience. Your recommedndation will definitely encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time in the future. All related department will be shared with your mentioned comments for sure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any inquiries you may have or whether you are considering a future reservation with our hotel, as I would be happy to personally reserve your room for you.

with kind regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

OMG! What a view of the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Marmara Sea all bathed in pink with the muezzins melodic call to prayer at dawn. It was a shame to leave the room, and it was a shame to spend time sleeping with a view this spectacular. From Sergio at the front desk, to handsome, 17 year old Mehmet at the breakfast buffet we were overwhelmed by their hospitality. One of the staff passed us in the street one night, he introduced himself as if we were old friends, wondering where we'd been and where we were going. We arrived at 6:30 am and were given a temporary room to use until our suite opened up. We slept until 2:00 pm, changed rooms and hit the town feeling refreshed. Breakfast is served until 10:30 and is a smorgasbord of twenty plus items, yogurt, cereals, eggs, sausage and toast, then a great assortment of fresh baked breads, cakes, olives, jams, fresh fruit, stuffed figs, dried apricots, coffee, tea and juice. The beds were firm and very comfortable, nice linens, fairly quiet (some construction next door and minarets right outside the window, but we didn't hear other guests very often.) We enjoyed the shower with massage, radio, lights and fan built in and there was plenty of water pressure. One night we lost power several times, but they must have a back up generator because it only lasted ten seconds each time. Top notch staff, location and sunrises that will take your breath away.

Room Tip: If you are two or less people you can get a very affordable room on fourth or fifth floor. Our tempo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Lausos hotel Istanbul—I hope this message finds you well!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool in our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

I'm also very pleased to know about your great comments especially for hotel location as well as service part and Breakfast. It will be surely shared in our team and encourage us to maintain good service continually.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon. Should you have any additional comments or questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to assist!

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife (7 months pregnant) and I stayed here for 7 nights to celebrate her birthday and our first child. We wanted a romantic city filled with culture and a hotel that matched the mood. We found both in Istanbul and Hotel Lausos.

We and are sad to leave. Of course sad to leave Istanbul, but also the staff at this hotel. You've read about the rooms already and they are well furnished and equipped. Comfortable beds with great comforters and pillows and the bathrooms are stunning. The wifi is business-class so it always works and has a strong signal. Very important for Skype or work if you have to do some.

The staff has been the best and made us feel as though this is our home. They never say no and are finding ways to anticipate our needs. The owners were present and extremely helpful and respectful to their staff. Says a lot about them and their hotel's culture. I dislike seeing other hotels where the owners are at your beck and call but treat their staff poorly. Not here.

The gentlemen up front always greeted us, stood up when we approached them (a polite courtesy), and were fun to talk to. Big thanks to Semih, Orhan, and Sergio along with the always smiling lady who served a great breakfast and the housekeeper who was always so nice and polite. Great job, we thank you for making our trip so memorable and we will be sure to tell our friends to stay here.

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Lausos hotel Istanbul. I hope this message finds you well!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate any and all of our guests’ feedback as an important tool in our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

Having said this, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Particularly, I am pleased you enjoyed your room and our service , and very pleased to know that my colleagues served you well and catered to your specific preferences!

Mustafa Özduman,
reservation@hotellausos.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Amazing hotel and the staff are very helpful ,with a very good location which is close to everything on the old city
The rooms have a very nice view to all the city , very clean , you don't expect that in such a small hidden hotel
The staff speaks good English me they know the city well to give proper directions and recommendation

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Lausos hotel Istanbul—I hope this message finds you well!

It's always so glad to hear from guest positive comments as such, especially for compliments on our cleaning . In addition, I'm very pleased to know that you did enjoy the rooms view and our staff approach

Mustafa Ozduman

reservation@hotellausos.com
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I must say that this is one of the best experiences ever -- the hotel itself may not be luxurious but what make this place great is the hospitality. The hotel manager Mustafa is very charming & has a awesome personality. He will ensure that you have a very plesant stay at the hotel, no matter what !!!

The hotel is located very centrally & with walking distance to majority of key attractions & transports. We stayed there for 5 nights. Only issue we had was that the same breakfast was served every morning without a change of a single menu item. Moreover I recommend some english channels on sat TV as for the guests who stay for longer duration, need something other than plain BBC & CNN.

If you are going to IST, book this with eyes closed. Mustafa-- we miss you and surely will be back here every time I come down to IST.

Room Tip: You can book Bosphorous facing room which has an awesome view
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for submitting your detailed review of your most recent stay with us!

I am very grateful for your encouraging words and your specific examples of what made your stay enjoyable. We rely on feedback similar to yours to understand what our guest value most in their visits to our property and also what can be improved.

Particularly, I am pleased to know you enjoyed the Hospitality and location of the hotel and the comfort of our rooms.

Should there be any additional comments you may want to share with us or any questions you may have, do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I would be eager to help! Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Mustafa Özduman

Been to Lausos Hotel? Share your experiences!