“Excellent Hotel..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amira Istanbul

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amira Istanbul to your Saves list
Hotel Amira Istanbul
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk Ayasofya Mah. Mustafapasa Sok. No 43 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 917 hotels in Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Hotel..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Amira is a great hotel. The location is central yet you can get a peaceful night's sleep. The rooms are great with an interesting design. We had the junior suite and the extra space was welcome. The balcony was a nice touch.
Breakfast was the best we'd had in a while. It wasn't that the selection was huge, but that everything was fresh and delicious. The afternoon tea was basic with rich turkish tea, and turkish bagel-like pastry sandwiches (had the name memorized but can't remember it now). I really wish they offered 24 hour room service (even snacks or cold dishes) as had a hectic time trying to find something to eat late at night. This is very minor though.
The team was great, very helpful and friendly. They drew us several maps and recommended restaurants that we could try. We left Istanbul for a few days and arranged to leave our bags with them on our last day so we could get a chance to explore as our flight was late at night. They greeted us on our return like old friends.
I would really like to go back !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1,715 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Simply one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.
The position is great in the old city, walking with 5 mins to the blue mosque
Rooms are clean and bright and well serviced, but the most outstanding part is the truly outstanding service and friendliness of the staff, just nothing is a problem for them.
I have stayed in so many good hotels in the world, but for friendly kind caring staff this beats them all.
Than you Amira

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Gunnedah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I can not rave enough about this hotel. I was travelling alone and it was my first time in Istanbul. I was picked up from the airport and greeted by Emre and his staff who treated me like one of the family through out my stay in Istanbul. I had a huge room with a bath/spa and my own terrace and outdoor setting with views over the Marman Sea. The rooftop was a wonderful place to relax, have a drink and take in the amazing views. There was a good selection at breakfast and afternoon tea was delightful. The meet and greet apon arrival, on the rooftop terrace, with Emre was great to get your bearings and work out what to see and do. Emre booked a dinner/dance cruise on the Boshporus on my first night which I enjoyed,more than expected. He also recommended a great Restaurant "The Mostra" on my last night. Well done Emre! The Hotel Amira is perfectly located with in walking distance to all parts of the old city. This is small top class hotel with all you could want, you will love it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

There are so many good and excellent reviews for this hotel on here,I thought it couldn't be true, but it was.
I emailed in advance and was given great info on how to get from the airport to the hotel, all very easy on public transport.
Found the place and got checked in..... Got the highlights of Istanbul talk and then went to find my room.
For a single it was surprisingly large....plenty of space, lots of lighting, nice tea/coffee options.
Bed was comfy, and room good all round.
Bathroom has large shower that had good pressure and constant hot water no matter what time.
I'm a very early riser, and was in the fitness room at 5 am most mornings, it was always clean, tidy, supplied with fresh towels and extra bottles of complimentary water for your use.
Breakfast had a huge range,I think I had something different every morning, and still lots I didn't try...Good choice, plenty of it.
The complimentary afternoon tea was also plentiful, and a nice little touch (and welcome relief for my weary feet)
Centrally located I thought,I walked everywhere from here....would recommend wholeheartedly, and if I return wouldn't stay anywhere else.

One minor flaw (which in all fairness I kept forgetting to mention to the staff, so prob could have been sorted and probably just isn't hotel policy over there) I would have liked the option to do my bit for the planet and conserve water and use my towels more than once, but even when I hung them up, fresh ones were brought in.....lovely soft fresh ones at that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Hotel Amira for 3 nights and loved every minute of it, particularly the Turkish Delight.... The hotel is clean and tidy, the staff friendly and extremely helpful both with providing what we needed at any given time and helping us plan and book future activities.Breakfast was provided in the Breakfast Room and was substantial and varied. Every afternoon they provided a simple but lovely afternoon tea and when we asked if we could take a glass of wine up to the terrace, the staff brought it up with a couple of bowls of nuts and chips. It is close to all the main attractions so it was easy to come back for afternoon tea and venture out again..If I go to Istanbul again, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hanover, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I would like to preface my review with some background of myself. I have been a travel agent for 20 years and I have been lucky to have traveled to many places in my life. I have stayed at many fine hotels, five star resorts like Ritz and Four Seasons and some boutique hotels as well. This was my first trip to Turkey, and my first solo trip in ten years since having four children.

Choosing a hotel in Istanbul could be a daunting task. There are so many choices. I am so glad that I did not go with my "safe" brands like Hyatt, Intercontinental or paid the price for a luxury brand like Four Seasons. I was so happy that I chose HOTEL AMIRA.

I fell in love with the city of Istanbul, and this hotel and it's staff are half the reason. A boutique hotel is the perfect choice for Istanbul. The location cannot be beat. You are steps away from the fascinating sights, yet once you step back through the front door (as it is being held for you by the most charming door man), you feel like you are coming back to a good friend's home. This was quite a good feeling, especially for a female solo traveler. They always greeted me by my name with a smile.

There is not much more I can say that has not already been said. You can read other reviews that explain the rooms, the breakfast, etc in more detail. I did love my room, and even though there was some minor traffic noise, I just used the air conditioner fan (the controls are great and customizable) to help get a great nights sleep. I actually loved opening the french windows and hearing the call to prayer….it was fascinating. Everything in the room is very clean, new, modern, and of a high quality standard.

As others have mentioned, the best asset of the hotel is the staff. Everyone is lovely and accommodating. I don't remember all the names, but I was very impressed with AJ. He is so knowledgeable, very smart on many topics and also speaks perfect English. I never had any problems with translation with any of the staff. AJ set up everything for me, and I loved the many things I did in Istanbul. My only regret is not spending more time here. I loved the amazing restaurants chosen by AJ too! We had a great time taking photos at sunset on the rooftop terrace at the hotel! Simply beautiful.

The airlines misplaced my luggage (horror for a lady in a foreign city!) and the staff were as concerned as I was. AJ called the airline many times, even on his time off, to check and see where the luggage was. He called my cell phone while I was on a tour the next day to let me know it arrived (thank goodness…and I was able to enjoy the rest of my day). They let me borrow an apple charger for my iPhone 5. They really went out of their way to make me comfortable.

While one can spend much more money to be just a few steps closer to the famous Mosques and stay at the Four Seasons, I am so glad I chose to save a lot of money by staying at Hotel Amira. I felt it was the perfect choice. I spend that kind of money if going to a resort location or if the hotel is the destination, but in Istanbul, a boutique hotel is the perfect choice. I toured all over Istanbul and felt this was the best location to call "home".

Istanbul was a magical place, and I literally cried when I left the hotel to continue my journey through Turkey. I felt I was leaving good friends and was afraid that I would never see them again. Well, after being home and thinking how the trip to Turkey was the best thing I had done for myself in ten years, I know I will be back someday. I will make it happen and I will return to Hotel Amira. Yes, the trip was that good!! Do not hesitate to visit Istanbul!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This charming boutique hotel is located at a short walking distance from the most important sites in Istanbul (Hagya Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi palace). We planned our stay based on the reviews in Trip Advisor and were not only surprised but amazed! All in the the staff are welcoming, knowledgeable, friendly and willing to help, undoubtedly its greatest wealth. We were greeted by Tina, who gave us all the information any tourist needs when he arrives to a new city. The deluxe rooms are ample, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is complete with everything you might wish to begin exploring the city and you return to tea time and sweets, where Uger is sure to make your experience memorable. I hope we will return to Istanbul and if we do, we will come here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Amira Istanbul? Share your experiences!