“its a very very nice hotel in town” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Han
33 Yerebatan Caddesi Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey   |
Ranked #123 of 828 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“its a very very nice hotel in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

its a lovely hotel in istambul, very well located, confortable, the owners are extemly friendly, delicious breakfast in the morning, very nice rooms, ill come back every next year, go go go

Room Tip: call the hotel and talk to the owners they are very kind
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Location is exellent. Staff was very helpfull. Special thanks to Baha, who has been helping as all the time, all your recomendations. Rooms are well decorated, clean. Only 3 minutes walk to Hj.Sofia and Blue Mosque. 10 minutes walk to Grand Bazar. We stayed there for my Birthday and I enjoyed it very much.Thank you! We are definitely going to stay there next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

It was absolutley a perfect cheap, central located place.We stayed in room 302 with a marvelles view overlooking Topkapi in distance and Hagia Sofya nearby from our little balkoony. Several mosques around. All major attractions within 5-10 minutes walk. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything from the best ice-cream place to the way to modern galleries. Brekfast was turkish with olives, homemade cake and fruit and more - lovely, all served with a friendly smile.

Room Tip: The rooms nr 301 and 302 have the best view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Wahran, Oran, Algeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Dear “ALIBABA”;

I just wanted to write to tell YOU how LUCKY YOU’re to own this “mansion” full of enchantment.

I appreciate the hard work done by both partners. In just four years you were able to give life to this hotel. An attractive construction in a strategic spot in an amazing city. Therefore, the “mansion” fulfils all the criteria of what we call “FLOURISHING WEDGE”, starting with the choice of colours, the meticulous selection of furniture and tapestry, the cosy atmosphere amazed by multicoloured lights magically suspended above the heads.
I also wanted to tell HAN HOTEL and BBQ HOUSE’s FAMILY how grateful I am to them for taking care of me during all my stay. They have always been kind-hearted and disposed, reliable and available, far more than stuff is expected to be.

A very very special thanks to YOU (“ALIBABA”of mine) for your modesty and honesty, hospitality and gallantry, for your presence, patience and particular intention.
Had YOU not interceded, may be things would have turned a very different way. It is so comforting to know that one can rely on people like YOU in case of need.
Thank YOU for the FAIRY time. Thank YOU for making me laugh to tears.

Please call on me when YOU come around ^^

May the Good Lord Almighty give you strength and will to continue on the right track.

Thank you for being part of my life.

Yours sincerely

"ALIMAMA" ☺

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Being as this was my first time in Istanbul, I let a friend of mine find hotels. When he showed me this one and the location, I agreed to get a room there. A month before my check-in, I received an email from the owner (I think) verifying my stay, which I thought was nice. Included in that would be airport pick-up service to the hotel. Great added bonus there.

Arriving at the airport, the car service was waiting for all of us and the ride from the airport to the hotel wasn't too bad. The hotel itself is small for a hotel but nicely kept, clean, and comfortable. The location is excellent, especially if you are going to be seeing all the historical sites. The Basilica Cistern is a few hundred feet away, as is the Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Bosphorous Strait, etc. It's also in an area with many shops and restaurants all around. Really great location.

I actually had the fortune of staying in two different rooms - one on the first night which had three beds and the other nights was my one bedroom. Both of the rooms aren't that decorated, but are comfortable. I was a little worried because the beds were firm, but was surprised on how comfortable they actually were. I completely passed out in 5 minutes my first night as I was dead tired from a long flight. The other nights was the same thing. Absolutely no problem falling asleep and sleeping comfortably through the night. The bathrooms were actually really nice in my opinion. Word to the wise though if it's really cold out (I'm talking about under 45 F): Run the hot water in your shower for maybe 30 seconds first before taking a shower.

Moving on, the breakfasts were really good. From what I can remember, every morning included with it was a loaf of bread, orange marmalade, some sort of dessert bread, hard boiled egg, olives, cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, drinks (coffee, tea, water, orange juice), and a breakfast pastry. Really, really good and that is included.Really a great deal in my opinion.

Everyone working there was really nice too and helpful. The ladies who I saw everyday at breakfast were friendly and the guy who I believe to be the owner was nice and helpful too. I understand English can be a barrier, but the owner did a pretty nice job with his English. He helped us find a number of things within the city too. Another perk is the free wifi you get. Really comes in handy sometimes and a great touch. The value of the place is really great as well.

Overall it was a nice stay in an excellent location. The place is comfortable and kept clean, although I do wish in the rooms there would be some sort of artwork/design hanging from the walls but that's a minor complaint. The one I do have is that they lock the main doors after a certain time, which I understand. I just wish that every person staying there could have keys to that door and not rely on the clerk to open it. Other than that, I have no real complaints. It was a great stay and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Wigan,Lancs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Well it wasn't perfect,but we were looking for a cheap,central location and we certainly got it.There were a few minor problems not worth mentioning really.The staff were great,very helpful and friendly,Wi-Fi worked perfectly,the brekfast was a little strange at frist particularly for our teenage daughter,but there was plenty of it and it was lovely.The food in the restaurant downstairs is superb,and as it was raining on our first night we were glad we tried it and liked it so much that we went there for the second night again.
I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget.

Room Tip: All the rooms on the 2nd floor where we stayed looked fine,disn't see any of the others.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Brentwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Words simply cannot describe the thrilling experience i had with a fantastic group of mates. The hotel is in the center of all major attraction - practically 5 mins walking distance to the Blue Mosque which faces directly opposite the sophia museum. The bazaar yet 10 mins walking distance facing west side as you come out of the hotel with approx 4,000 retail outlets - (mostly repeats) and 21 entrance gates under one roof came very handy on days when it rained. The tram line costing just 2TL on a single journey was used to travel out to the grand palace and taksin square for your up market shopping into designer outlets. The rooms are all on-suite were kept very clean with central heating an aircon and a mini fridge to store your essentials. Rooms allocated on the third floor each had a balcony with a clear view of the sophia museum and its surrounding. Morning breakfast was very well presented and helped us throughout lunch. Overall a brilliant stay with friendly staff will highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Han? Share your experiences!