“Wonderful White House stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White House Hotel Istanbul

Save Saved
You added White House Hotel Istanbul to your Saves list
White House Hotel Istanbul
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Alemdar Mahallesi Catalcesme Sokak no:21 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #5 of 916 hotels in Istanbul
Buffalo, New York
“Wonderful White House stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Our family enjoyed one of the 3 person guest rooms in this small and charming hotel. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The rooms were very well kept. The location was very close to many of the major sites, to restaurants, shops, the light rail when we wanted that, to Turkish baths. You name it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and French doors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1,996 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed in the White House Hotel for 5 nights in March, 2013. The service was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and the concierge advised us of places to visit and the best methods of travel to these locations. He also advised us of restaurants to visit and arranged a table for us. The hotel location was perfect for visiting the main attractions in Istanbul. We had a brilliant stay.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The other 5* reviews are accurate. Important for us, this hotel has 1) super good location for walking to all major tourist attractions (even the Spice Market and piers), 2) great location for restaurants - so nice to walk back to the WHH after evening dinner in just a few minutes, 3) all staff are very helpful, courteous, friendly and warm - very nice people, 4) very welcoming check-in and very nice departure - made us feel indeed like #1 guests, 5) very good email help (and fast feedback) during the reservation process, 6) there was no issue at all when my daughter cancelled her parallel reservation to stay at the WHH, 7) good flexibility, for example, packed us a big breakfast for a separate early morning tour, 8) the hotel is on a quiet street, 9) beds are comfortable and 10) tv is high quality with many channels (but who need anything more than the BBC). Please note, our room was modest in size. Price paid in March was Euro 129 per night for 2. Enjoy Istanbul and the WHH.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've stayed in the White House Hotel for two nights and my experience was great. First, the hotel has the best location: less than 5 min walk to historical sites (Hagia Sophia, Blue mosque, Topkapı Palace) and the Grand Bazaar. There are countless restaurants in the areas that serve all sorts of great food.
The hotel services: staff is very professional. They were very helpful in answering all the questions and make sure that my stay was comfortable. I did not have converters to my laptop and my cell phone and they were able to provide that. They gave me clear directions to all the sites that I wanted to visit in the area. They made sure to give me the hotel information whenever I leave the hotel to make sure to call in case if I got lost (I was travelling solo). They called taxis for me whenever I needed and instructed the drivers of where I need to go. At the end of my stay, they asked for my feedback and recommendation and how they can improve their service. I have never had any hotel ask me this before and I think it’s fantastic that they do care about guests reviews. I think this hotel has the best services ever.
The room: I stayed in a family room which was big and spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. The room was equipped was a safe, a small mini bar, and flat screen TV. The mini bar items were reasonably priced compared to other hotels. The bathroom was a good size and the toiletries items are great.
The view in the breakfast area is beautiful and the food was very good.
I really recommend this hotel for all kinds of travelers! You will never regret the experience!

Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We did our reservation online and get the confirmation immediately. When we arrive at the hotel the room was ready and check in in a few minutes. The staff very helpful and ready to answer all of your questions even some of them are not related with hotel. They help us for city tours and also restaurant recommendation were all very good. Special thanks to front office team

Room Tip: Family rooms are more comfortable
Solomons, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my second stay at The White House and I was not disappointed. It was every bit as good as I remembered. The staff were helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I had a great time and will be back again
The location of the hotel is perfect, a short walk from all the places of interest in the old city and the Galata Bridge, yet in a quiet street away from the main tourist paths. A lot of good places to eat all around, along with grocery stores.
The room was clean, bathroom was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast buffet had a lot of good choices and service was great.
I was very happy to stay at the White House.

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at the White House hotel for 10 days while visiting Istanbul (and Turkey). It was a great hotel, with very friendly staff, excellent location, and good amenities. The staff was particularly helpful in arranging for tours, giving recommendations and ensuring that things were going well. Hava, one of the girls who works the front desk, even called a local barber to ensure that my inability to speak Turkish wouldn't result in a disaster of a haircut!

The hotel also provided free shuttle service to/from the airport, which was a bonus. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to White House Hotel Istanbul? Share your experiences!