“My seconde visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White House Hotel Istanbul

You added White House Hotel Istanbul to your Saves list
White House Hotel Istanbul
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Alemdar Mahallesi Catalcesme Sok No:21 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Birmingham
“My seconde visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

In the taxi on my way to the White House Hotel, 13 months after my first stay in the newly opened hotel, I had two questions in my mind: is this 3* hotel still maintaining its 5* hotel standard? and, which words do I introduce my self to the staff as resident 13 months ago?
On arrival and as I approached the reception desk I was taken by surprise by a man saying to me with a wide smile: hello Mr Hafidh welcome back, it was the manager Jaafer (Cafar), seconds later Mr Harun the deputy manager was out of his office with a very warm reception then Elif the ever smiling receptionist. Unfortunately, Omar was not in on that day.
The hotel, the bedrooms, bathrooms, restaurant was just as immaculate as they were in the first days and weeks of the Hotel life.
My two questions didn't survive long, they were shattered.
The young and friendly management of this hotel proved themselves as unique in a very competitive environment, and in a city like Istanbul.
Give them a ago, you will not regret it. It's a real value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 25, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

Hotel Owner & Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

A very nice quiet and friendly hotel close to the main Istanbul sights. Lovely rooms, helpful staff.

Metro and tram can take you to Sutlanahmed tram stop from the airport for $2. Metro to Zeytinburnu, tram from there. Buy a 2TL token at the airport metro station and another one at Z. Hotel is 2 minutes walk from the tram stop.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

White House Hotel has a superior customer service.From the moment you book, the welcome email, the free shuttle organised to collect you at the airport, the excellent welcome with cocktail and extremely well trained and polite staff. The trip was a wedding anniversary and we were exceptionally given a room at the top floor with balcony and flowers.wow.Not to mention the comfort of the rooms,the assistance with booking taxi, trips, restaurants. And on top of that, the hotel is centrally situated,in the heart of the old city. We loved Istanbul and much was due to the fact our staying at the hotel was really really exceptional. Thank you to the staff of the White House Hotel. I strongly recommend the White House Hotel if you want to experience great customer service and a warm welcome to Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed in this hotel in November 2010 for 3 nights..Hotel staff was always friendly..Receptionists always gave information about area and transportation.Breakfast was enough and delicious..Typical Turkish breakfast, I recommend.. The only bad thing about the hotel is room size...It is really small...We were two people, and when we put luggages in the room. no walking area around...

Choose a room looking to street, better than backside view..

I recommend this hotel. Enjoy Istanbul..

Room Tip: rooms looking to street has better view..
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, February 13, 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Owner
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Exteremly Excellent location. The reception staff were so kind and helpful. It was a wonderful stay and I really did enjoy my time. The hotel deserves to be classified beyond 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Warm, generous and helpful staff made my 8 night stay, a home away from home. A small hotel (no tour groups) on a quiet block (no noisy bars or clubs) provided a truly relaxing oasis in central Sultanahmet. Breakfast on rooftop allows stunning views of Hagia Sophia and minarets of the Blue Mosque. Outstanding staff made the hotel a truly five star experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
My Dearest Guest Brendan L ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Owner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I can't say enough good things about the White House Hotel. From the minute the driver picked me up at the airport until he dropped me back off 5 days later, I enjoyed my time at the hotel. The staff was professional and friendly - they helped with directions, recommendations and the loan of a three-prong adaptor! My room was lovely - clean and airy. The hotel in right in the heart of Sultanahmet, which means you can walk to all the Old City sights and are close to the tramway to go further afield. As a solo female traveller, I felt perfectly safe staying there.

I feel in love with Istanbul and will definitely go back. When I do, I'll stay at the White House Hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Hotel Owner & Manager

Been to White House Hotel Istanbul? Share your experiences!