“Turkish delight and modern comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divan Istanbul Asia

You added Divan Istanbul Asia to your Saves list
Divan Istanbul Asia
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   E5 Karayolu Uzeri No:209 | Ust Kaynarca Pendik, Istanbul 34899, Turkey   |
Ranked #229 of 980 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Europe
“Turkish delight and modern comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was brought here because of an academic meeting with Turkish colleagues from all over the country from Black Sea to eastern Mediterranean to far central Anatolian region. The hotel is located in the Asian side of Istanbul n the huge huge huge city and is conveniently closer to the city airport n this side rather that the Ataturk airport that is is much farer. From outside when I arrived I thought, but I was wrong, that I was entering a typical American style chain hotel, but fortunately I was indeed wrong. Once you step in it is really Turkish hospitality in the best of westernized manners as these people do. details of architecture and furniture come from traditional stone and wood artisans while overall comfort is very modern and efficient. The great very pleasant surprise came when I decided to have dinner in the hotel rather that look for a restaurant a outside. Well, the restaurant here is at the top of the building in a magnificent terrace overlooking the Marmara sea with moving lights of boats navigating from and to who knows where. Service and food are Turkish for real and believe me perfect. To bring here who you really care for a brilliant night.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DivanAsiaIstanbul, Front Office Manager at Divan Istanbul Asia, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay and nice comments about the hotel,restaurant and the quality of food.
Your valuable comments always encourage us.
Hoping to welcome you back with thetraditional hospitality, once again, I do thank you very much for your appreciation and your stay in Divan Istanbul Asia.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a good hotel with nice clean rooms and a roof top restaurant with good food. Have stayed here twice in business matters and I will stay here again next time I am going to this part of Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DivanAsiaIstanbul, Front Office Manager at Divan Istanbul Asia, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your stay and nice comments about the hotel,restaurant and cleanliness of the rooms
Hoping to welcome you back, once again, I do thank you very much for your appreciation and your stay in Divan Istanbul Asia.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel 10 mins from Sabhia airport. 15 mins by taxi to the marina with many good restaurants and general chilling. Rooms were lovely with great views, TV, coffee etc. good bathroom with bath, shower. Hotel has a spa, hamam, indoor and small outdoor pool with sundecking. Breakfast is good. I did not eat in the restaurant this time, but I remember it being pricy for what it was. 2 small beers 34 TL. Overall a nice place to stay with friendly staff

• Stayed June 2013
DivanAsiaIstanbul, Front Office Manager at Divan Istanbul Asia, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your nice comments about the hotel, its rooms, facilities and breakfast and the staff.
As the luxury Divan brand we believe our prices are quite reasonable when compared with the international chains with the same quality and please rest assured that the regular surveys for pricing are done.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at your next trip to Istanbul.

Sincerely Yours,

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed twice in this hotel, for a 2-day and 3-day business trip.
First time: good experience, nothing wrong excepted the smell of smoke in my room (although I wasn't asked if I wanted a smoking room when I checked in) and it was impossible to open the window. But issue settled after I told the reception. Amazing room with king size bed and panoramic view.
Second time: puzzled. It seems I had a totally different service compared to the first stay. I had dirty bright orange water from my bathroom tap every morning. Called the reception after a few minutes: they said "just let it go and it will become normal water again"... Uh, no, that's what I did before calling you... They proposed to send someone to check the issue, but I was in a hurry and told them to come and fix it when I'll be gone for the day, 15 min later. The next morning (and the following one): same problem again... I brushed my teeth in the tub.
We had meeting rooms booked in the hotel as well. Whereas the service for these rooms were exemplary (and cookies good!) and people serving us really nice, I unfortunately could not say the same for reception staff, especially one receptionist for whom it seems difficult to say "no it's not possible" to any request otherwise than with a quite unappropriate smile. But some others were very ok and friendly, and all spoke fluent English.

There also seemed to be some confusion in coordination with meeting room booking. The first time I came, no problem at all; the second time, bookings for meeting rooms needed to be double-checked every time, and there's been some misunderstandings.

I have to say that Divan was excellent for two things that I rarely find excellent in most of hotels (even 5 stars): I couldn't hear my neighbours and the air conditioning was not noisy at all.

All in all: pleasant experience with impressive room first time, a bit mitigated opinion for the second visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room, unless you can handle continued smell of smoke/perfume while sleeping.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for sharing your valuable experiences in detail during your stays to Divan Istanbul Asia.
Your overall satisfaction in any services, is what we aim for as a Hotel and as a whole team that stands behind it. Therefore we more than appreciate every suggestion, feedback and comment we receive; as it motivates and gives us the chance to develop and improve even further.
We hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future, which we will use as an opportunity to offer you further improved quality and hospitality to make your stay a memorable one.
Sincerely Yours
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Not far from Asian side airport. Keep in mind that round trip to historical center would take usd 100.
Rooms are very new, and much more then just perfect. Good spa. Small mall in 500 meters from hotel, and that is it. I paid usd 200 for 2 nights, which is nothing for such level of hotel. But I was ready not to visit European part.
Minuses - 1. Prices at terrace restaurant bit expensive. 2. They should organize transfers to city center.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your stay and nice comments about the hotel, it is always encouraging and motivating us to have such valuable comments.
Running the complimentary shuttle service is a bit dificult due to the legal requirements and re-designated by the ministry however, to be quite frank, we are still working on it.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I found the hotel to be good but that the upper restaurant to be disappointing. There was a lot of noise from the traffic below and my main mean was average at best. I had a very nice salad and the lamb chops with two beers for 165 tl. Queried the bill as all my meals in the lower restaurant had been better and below a 100tl.
Advise anyone to use lower one.
I found all the staff to be helpful with only one exception and the room to be clean.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the front, yes you do see the sea but you get a lot of traffic as well
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay in Divan ıstanbul Asia and thank you for your comments about the staff services and the rooms.
I would like to kindly inform you that the Roof Restaurant & the bar serves a selection of a specially hand cut and cooked 'Dry Age Meat' menues with the higher prices when compared to Brasserie Restaurant on lobby level.
Once again I would like to thank you for your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits.
My Best regards,
Front Office Supervisor
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during May 2013 on a business trip. The room was a good size with sofa and a good sized bathroom. The upper restaurant had excellent service and good food. The breakfast was good with good service. Would be happy to stay here again with either business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest
Hoping to welcome you back once again,in any occasion, I do thank you very much for your appreciation and your stay in Divan Istanbul Asia.
Front Office Manager

Been to Divan Istanbul Asia? Share your experiences!