“excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

+902125176826
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,603 of 11,471 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Istanbul, Turkey
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After reading all the reviews on here i thought i would give the restaurant a try this is a truly excellent place . i dinned in here alone and was made to feel so welcome and very well looked after by all the staff i took the advice off one of the waiters and ordered the lamb clay pot which is known as the testi kebab it was an amazing dish and i would reccomend to anyone who visits to try this. you dont have to wait to long for your order to arrive and the presentation is excellent. the house wine was very tasty and i managed to get through the whole bottle this wine was very good value for the money .. i was so impressed with the food drink and my whole evening i returned every night for my 10 days stay in sultan ahmet... give this restaurant a try and believe me you wont be disapointed .

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went here for dinner, but was actually thinking about skipping dinner all together because we were so tired from sight seeing all day. I'm so glad my bf and I came here. First of all, area is around a bunch of lounges, so there is a party atmosphere and energy in this area. If you want quiet, this area is not for you. The restaurant is opened late! We came at 10:30pm and were seated right away in the patio. Not knowing much about Turkish food, we ordered a few things that we thought would be good, and then asked the waiter to recommend some dishes, and a bottle of wine. Both did not disappoint. Wine was good, and went well with the food. If you are looking for a good place to eat, this is it, and it is open late. Thank you reviewers from tripadvisor, because I followed your recommendation to go this restaurant, and it did not disappoint. I will definitely be coming back here again, when I go to Istanbul again!

Visited October 2012
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“the best night in sultanahmet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My friends and i were Metropolis restaurant 2nights ago. the food an atmosphere is great. waiters are very friendly. I enjoyed alot, and suggest you try food there.

• Visited December 2012
Abha, Saudi Arabia
“Excllent place with excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had dinner at this restaurant in an Istanbul night. We ordered Turkish kebab in the pot which is broken specially for you, which was a different experience.
The food taste was amazing even the starters or the main coarse.
The only thing I didn't like is thet the service is very slow and you get your order after a hell long time.
But we loved the overall experience

• Visited March 2012
Rochester, New York
“Metropolis Cafe was our favorite restaurant in Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We ate at the Metropolis three times during a two-week period in October. The service, food and atmosphere were all great. I would recommend the Ottoman dishes and the seafood, in particular. The lamb is great, especially the mutancana. It is near most of the major Istanbul tourist attractions and, of course, has mostly tourists eating there, but I think that it is an excellent experience.

• Visited October 2012