“Brilliant location, Top draw staff and an unbeatable terraced view whilst eating breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dara Hotel Istanbul

You added Dara Hotel Istanbul to your Saves list
Dara Hotel Istanbul
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk ayasofya Mahallesi Su Terazisi Sok. No:25 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #245 of 981 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend the Dara Hotel to anybody visiting Istanbul. The location is perfect; 2/3 mins away from the blue mosque and about 5 mins away from the Grand Bazzar.
Furthermore, the rooms are spacious and extremely clean. Also the staff are always polite and willing to help if needed.
The best point is the beautiful terraced view breakfast! Blue skies, Blue sea and a top notch breakfast! Cant complain!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accommodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
Osman YASAR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Friendly staff, excellent service and amazing location. Highly recommended The breakfast Clean and comfortable. close to everywhere in old city specially Sultan Ahmed area. Hope to return yet again 5 stars hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Surrey, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

great little hotel in the old part of istanbul.
stayed there for a week with my wife and two kids (aged 11 & 6yrs).
hotel is clean, safe and staff really helpful and friendly.

also within easy walking distance to all the sights, places to eat and the local amentities like tram etc.

happy days

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, October 10, 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I returned to the Dara Hotel after staying there 3 years ago, we booked a family room again and we found that we were presented with a much bigger room than the previous occasion, also it was fitted with a new bathroom (spacious unlike before) and was very clean (room thoroughly cleaned every day). The room had a fridge, safe, air conditioning and free WiFi.
The staff are extremely helpful, and the breakfast on the roof terrace with amazing views. Will be returning again, There is the Sokullu mosque just 60 seconds away so can hear the beautiful call to prayer and also this mosque is visited by many tourists to view the sacred black stone. Dara is perfectly situated.

Room Tip: There is a lift.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Greater Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We paid for a quad room and were upgraded to the 5 person room. The location of the hotel is very good. Just 5-7 mins walk away from the Blue Mosque and other sights. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is on the terrace with the nice views. Considering the price we paid the hotel is very good value. The rooms were clean and we would consider staying here again. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a decent good value hotel.

Room Tip: ask to see the room first to that you could ask to me moved elsewhere if the room is not suitable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Dara is the perfect hotel choice if you are looking for an affordable option. The location is fabulous, we could walk to the Blue Mosque, Ayasofia, Bazaars, restaurantes, etc. All walking distance and safe. The staff was amazing, very helpful all the time , really great! They would have staff to help us take the luggage to our rooms, they would have storage to leave the bags after checking out and even they kept our luggage for days while we were visiting other cities. They would call the taxis we needed to go the airport and again were always ready to assist with great recommendations. The rooms were very clean, bathrooms were spotless. The breakfast was amazing and the terrace was simply priceless, that view can't be found in even expensive hotels. THis may not be a 5 start hotel but it's perfect for an affordable option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, September 27, 2013

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Wonderful hotel with panoramic outlook and friendly welcoming staff. They were extremely helpful people here. It felt like coming home.

The corner or front rooms are the best with great views and sunny windows.

Walking distance to all of sultanahmet attractions.

Breakfast was exceptional

I recommend highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Osman YASAR

Been to Dara Hotel Istanbul? Share your experiences!