“Holiday to Istanbul 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dara Hotel Istanbul

You added Dara Hotel Istanbul to your Saves list
Dara Hotel Istanbul
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kucuk ayasofya Mahallesi Su Terazisi Sok. No:25 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #243 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Holiday to Istanbul 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Brilliant hotel. Would stop there again. Excellent service provided by all staff. Very helpful no matter what time of day or night. Go out of there way to help. Perfect location to Sultan Ahmet Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topcapi Palace, Bascilia Cistern and even Grand Bazaar in walking distance.

Breakfast was tasty and you can eat or drink as much as you can. Beautiful views from terrace even in the dark.comes handy if ur a smoker like I was hope this helps any one thinking off goin to istanbul

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accommodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
Osman YASAR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Hotel was really clean and well looked after. All washing facilities worked brilliantly and the staff were friendly and willing to please. The best bit was undoubtedly the all you can eat buffet breakfast served on the terrace roof. The service, lead by the really friendly Semra, was all smiles and the food was very good. The location is brilliant for sightseeing, but it is a long way from the bars if thats what you are after. I recommend the hotel unreservedly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

l like this hotel in istanbul.The hotel location is excelllent you can walk all historical place, grand pazaar ,Sultanahmet,Topkapi palace, Hagia sophia just 5 minute walk,The room is clean and nice , all staff was so nice and helpful,The terrace had great view l like so much, Thank you so much osman l hope to come next year again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The most succesful hotel in the sultanahmet district İstanbul comfortable rooms,friendly staff,delicious food prepared for your holiday.Hotel Dara stayim in the Sultanahmet district located in the center

• Stayed June 2013
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, August 3, 2013

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good location, very close to Blue mosque. Very friendly, helpful staff and excellent services. Everything's perfect! I've spent for a week and I had a great time in the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, August 2, 2013

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved this boutique hotel. My room was very clean and beautifully decorated. Very friendly and helpful staff! Great service from arrival to check out. The hotel is located in the heart of Sultanahmet. A good pair of walking shoes is all you need here. All the historical attractions are in walking distance. I had a great time staying at Dara Hotel. I'm looking forward to my next stay...

• Stayed June 2013
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Dara is a clean and descent Hotel with friendly and helpful staff perfectly located in the middle of Sultanahmet. The rooms are clean and fully equipped. Turkish style breakfast (olives, turkish omelette, börek,...) with some western elements is being served on the roof terrace with a great view on the Bosporus. As the hotel is located next to a mosque the singing of the muezzin in the middle of the night is very loud but being in a Muslim country one should be aware of such problems. Overall a hotel with very good value. BUT: don't expect a comfort of a 5 stars hotel. Especially a US family during our stay had problems accepting the Turkish standard and service in a nice and comfy hotel in the heart of Istanbul.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Osman YASAR

Been to Dara Hotel Istanbul? Share your experiences!