We stayed here twice: once at the beginning of our honeymoon and once at the end.
Our experience improved as time went on!
- We checked in the first time really late as our flights were delayed and our room absolutely stunk of cigarettes despite it being non-smoking and had two single beds (not together but separate). I wanted to complain, but it was 1:00 in the morning and I really didn't have the energy.
The second bed was so noisy that the next night (when we weren't exhausted) my husband got absolutely no sleep. We complained upon leaving about the bed only - although the cigarette smell persisted - and asked that we have a new room upon our return. Not the best way to start our honeymoon, but the staff was very receptive to our complaint.
- The lobby has a tendency to smell like sewer in the evening, however I think all the plumbing in Turkey is like this, and I doubt the owners can really do anything about it. You don't spend much time there at that time of night anyway...
- There was a miscommunication about wine being free, but it was not...most likely a translation issue or something we misheard given the late hour of our check-in.
- We got a new room upon our return. Still two single beds but at least they were pushed together, and given that this seemed to be the case at most hotels in Turkey we were okay with it. No cigarette smell!
- The owner is very helpful and offered us an early breakfast for our 6 am departure, among other things. Our driver came really early we couldn't enjoy it but appreciated the offer very much
- There are a lot of nice touches (toothbrush, toothpaste, shoe cleaning kit, free water)
- The staff were great at helping us sort out reservations, cabs, giving directions
- We were given a lovely pack of Turkish coffee upon our departure! Love!
All in all a good place to stay, especially after getting our new room sorted out.
- Also Known As:
- Hotellino Istanbul Hotel
- Hotellino Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- View of one of our comfortable and modern rooms, completely new. The window pane that can be seen is that of the bathroom and lets the light flow within. Very quiet room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Hotellino Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.