“nice and cozy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Amber Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Amber Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Amber Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciftegelinler Caddesi 3 | Kumkapi, Istanbul 34126, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #258 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
東京, 東京都
“nice and cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had to change our flight and arrived there late at night (we are supposed to arrive in the afternoon on the same day ) but the guy at the reception was very flexible and arranged a room for us. The room was not big, but confortable enough for 2 people to stay and cleaned well every day.
Breakfast was included to our room charge and every morning we enjoyed it.
Also their stuff are very friendly and nice. Especially, their guest relations, Neda Shahsevan was very nice and friendly to talk to us when we were having breakfast and help us giving the tips of traveling Istanbul and local information. And it was fun to talk with her to feel the cultural difference too! Thanks Neda! We will go back to your hotel when we get a chance to go Istanbul again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ptuj, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had a great experience in this hotel. Fantastic location, near the historical part of the city, comfortable and clean rooms, beautiful breakfast area, fantastic and helpful stuff. Special thanks to Neda Shahsevan. She is so beautiful, cheerful, friendly, accommodating. She spoke very good English and make me feel welcome. I can say just the best thing about Neda. I really loved her. I will definitely stay here again when I come back. I had a great stay in this hotel and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a wonderful experience we had at the Amber Hotel . The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us . The guest relation lady Neda shahsevan was so kind and gave us very good advise. She even found us when we were lost and helped us get back to the hotel. Also the fish restaurants right behind the hotel are z must to visit espesialy Evron restaurant . The hotel is very neat and clean and I will definately return in future

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Yerevan, Armenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Spent two nights in the hotel last week. It was a great experience. Fantastic location in Kumkapi, very close to the Great Market and the Sultanahmet area.Nice Ottoman-ish style interiors, rooms are comfortably furnished. I loved the breakfast area and the view on Marmara Sea, beautiful even in winter. I really loved the staff. The hotel has a fantastic, helpful team. I was really amazed by the guest relations officer, Neda. She was so cheerful and helpful. A chat with her over the breakfast makes all the guests feel like home in Kumkapi!
I had a great stay in this hotel and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had a great experience in this hotel. The staff are great people and I felt I got more than what I paid for as far as accommodations (Even though I did go in low tourist season). Neda and the rest of the team are very hospitable and friendly. I was a female traveling alone and I felt completely safe here. Everything was very clean. The breakfast was great with an excellent view of the old town and Bosphorus. I will definitely stay here again when I come back.

I would be careful with the fish restaurants right around the corner from the hotel, they look beautiful and the food is delicious but they will try to charge you more. My tab was supposed to come out at 30Euro and he was charging me 36 Euro (service and bread) even though I didn't ask for bread. I negotiated to 31...it's something to watch out for.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small but comfortable and clean. The breakfast is very good and the service is very good. Within walking distance of important sites and the Grand Bazaar. Only complaint I have is that they advertise an airport shuttle and as far as I can tell, it does not exist.

• Stayed December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We recently stayed for 4 nights in December, and found the location perfect to experience the flavor of Istanbul. It is close enough to most of the major historic sites to walk to them or take the metro, which can be found along the way if the weather is inclement. The hotel and rooms were charming, cozy and romantic. The breakfast, which was included, was very good and sufficient to satisfy our appetites until late afternoon. However, the most important reason to return is the personnel, specifically Neda Sevan, with Guest Services, and Ekrem Aydin who worked the breakfast. We asked for their names specifically because we wanted to praise their service. They were both so accommodating and friendly. Neda spoke very good English and made us feel welcome and at home. She even offered to help me locate a long lost friend of mine who also happens to be from her home country. Ekrem's English was not as good, but his kindness and willingness to serve was felt without words. We will return, and we hope that when we do, they are still among the staff.

Room Tip: We had room 208 and it was quiet at this time of year, despite being in a busy city.