“In the middle of everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Darussaade Istanbul

You added Hotel Darussaade Istanbul to your Saves list
Hotel Darussaade Istanbul
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Akbiyik Cad. No:90 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Special Offer
Free Airport Transfer
Ranked #42 of 944 Hotels in Istanbul
Bogota, Colombia
“In the middle of everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Although it is better to arrive by taxi it is possible do it by using public transport, the location is great, and the relation cost benefit is good, rooms are small yes but you are not exactly spending your days indoors when in Istanbul. Overall the personnel from the hotel is very nice and the amenities are good

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel lived up to all of our expectations. Situated in a relatively quieter back street
of Sultanhamet, we were delighted with the proximity to all we wanted to see; and more
importantly were so impresssed with the amazing staff. Such a warm welcome from all.
The Manager could not do enough to make sure that we had a great stay.
Rooms were excellent, as was breakfast. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Superior for a quiter sleeping option and more space
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have just spent 3 nights at the Darussaade, lovely hotel in a great location. Really good breakfast with plenty of home made jams and pastries. The staff were also very helpful and very pleasant. within minutes of the Blue Mosque, hayia Sofia, grand Bazaar ..This is best hotel in the area ! Bedrooms are comfy and very very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Parker, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a nice hotel. We found the location terrific, the room adequate, the staff supportive, and the breakfasts good, with a nice selection. When we needed an early breakfast on our departure day, they had their regular breakfast set up for us 90 minutes before their normal opening time, without complaint. Our one disappointment was that we didn't get the room we thought we had reserved, but that's probably because we had a third party involved in the reservation process. I would second the motion that folks should request a large room in the new section, both for some breathing space and for a view other than a concrete wall. Still, we were quite satisfied overall.

Room Tip: Request a large room in the new section.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel Darussaade is one of the loveliest places I've ever stayed. My first impression as I stepped into the small lobby from the cobblestone street was that of an elegant little parlor with a warm natural wood staircase leading to the upper rooms. (Of course, there is a very efficient, modern elevator.) This impression of elegance and warmth was immediately reinforced by a staff that was the friendliest of any during my trip to Turkey. Mgr. Omer Aslan was especially helpful and, indeed, assisted me in retrieving a number of important items I had left at my previous hotel. He and the other front desk staff were always eager to assist with directions, using the computer available in the lobby, and mailing post cards. The sumptuous breakfast buffet consisted of a constantly replenished array of dishes loved by us Americans, traditional Turkish mezes (small dishes of vegetables and meats that may be served at all three meals), and pastries and cookies made by the Darussaade cooks. There is always Turkish tea and, while they do not serve traditional Turkish coffee for breakfast, their version of our good old cup-o'-Joe is excellent. Lastly, the rooftop views are exquisite at sunrise, noon, or sunset.

I especially enjoyed the sunrise one morning. As a dancer, I feel inspired most by nature, and I took advantage of the fact that other guests were still asleep to dance to my heart's content with only the seagulls for an audience. I don't know which was my favorite - dancing on the roof in the shadow of the Blue Mosque as the sun rose over the Sea of Marmara, or swimming in a very cold but crystal clear blue-green Aegean Sea one afternoon in Izmir. I am thankful that I don't have to choose. I do know that, when I go back to Istanbul, I'll head straight for the Hotel Darussaade.

Room Tip: I loved our room (301), which was on the 2nd floor and looked out toward the sea, which we could see...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 9 days in July 2012. We are a family of 5, and was not very easy to find accommodations for all us in suite in the old part of the city. We had a suite on the first floor. The queen bed was very comfortable. Up a couple of steps we had a second room where our two teenagers and our 9 year old slept on a double sofa bed and a separate bed. The hotel is very well located in a tranquil corner and is within short and pleasant walk of ALL major attractions in the old city. Our teen boys felt comfortable going in and out the hotel on their own to explore the city. Public transportation is nearby if you want to venture to other places. The building is a restored handsome, Ottoman building. the interior is well appointed and the staff very courteous. The breakfast was good and plentiful. I would recommend the hotel without reservations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

As part of 10 days cruise trip with finish our travel in Istambul. I put the name of my review related to the location not only because it is really close to the most atractive points of interest, but because at night we had four blocks of very good restaurants to choose. The activity remains until late night. One of the things that I didnt like , which maybe the case in whatever hotel you stay in the area, is that we are so close to the first established Mosque in Istambul that the call for prayers is really loud!! But as I mention, this will be heard in every hotel as long as you are close to a Mosque.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hotel Darussaade Istanbul? Share your experiences!