“A perfect study trip in Istanbul.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tulip House

You added Hotel Tulip House to your Saves list
Hotel Tulip House
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Kucuk Ayasofya Mah. Katip Sinan Cami Sok. No:28 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Ranked #54 of 828 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Olten
“A perfect study trip in Istanbul.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

A charming small hotel nearby the old city center in a quite accommodation. In 5 minutes by food we were at the tram station an in 10 minutes by the blue mosque.
My rooms was romantic with an amazing few to the sea, though two big windows. The bathroom was very clean and modern. Although I was there with a 20 people group, I could always take a hot shower. In the lovely garden were we ate your delicious breakfast from the buffet. There was a lot of fresh food.
The staff is friendly and cooperative, hospitable people. The concierge Ali had allays a word for everybody. He mad even the students to speak English. We got any help we liked. At the first day, even a staff member showed us a in the city a bit around. I felled welcomed there, like staying by friends.
The only disadvantage were, that the walls are not so big, so you can hear a lot from your neighbours.

• Stayed November 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

The personal service provided by this small bed-and-breakfast boutique hotel was wonderful! Emrah was there to greet me and to send me off. Ali made sure that I would not get lost and that I would be able to find my way back. The hotel is a leisurely ten minute walk to the Hippodrome and the Blue Mosque. The Hagia Sofia and the Cistern are only a few more minutes away. I even saw the Pudding Shop, but didn't stop in since I was on my way to the Four Seasons. Here is the best part of the personal service: Ali walked my friend back to his hotel after my friend had walked me back from dinner at the Four Seasons restaurant and was clueless as to how to get back to his hotel. What more can a single girl ask for? I had a room with a view of the Bosphorus since it was my last day in Istanbul and Emrah told me that if I were to stay a few more days the next time I come with my friends, I would get a better room : ) What an outstanding offer!

A suggestion for improvement would be to enclose the blanket in a duvet cover that can be bleached and starched, or at the very least, to place a sheet beneath the blanket and over the top. It would look better.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
gold coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

The hotel was small and personal - Ali is a treasure there - he made us very comfortable and nothing was ever too much trouble. Room was roomy and great view. Location was very close to the Blue Mosque, etc and tram. Good value for money.

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

What a top location in the old Sultanahmet area! We had a neat clean room with amazing view and small balcony. Cosy intimate hotel so not for you if you prefer giant corporate hotels and 24 hour room service. Staff are truly lovely - warm and nothing is too much trouble. Surprisingly quiet too (apart from regular ubiquitous daily calls to prayer). Was nice to eat breakfast on outside patio when the weather was fine. Would love to go back!

Sa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

We stayed at Tulip House in Istanbul for four days and really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is located just 5 mins walking distance from the Blue Mosque, the rooms are spacious, well furnished and clean, the staff is great and so is the food.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

My wife and her friend stayed at the Tulip House Hotel last year and were very enthusiastic about it. This visit was the 2 of us plus our 19 year old daughter. Now, having stayed there myself, I can certainly agree with her positive comments.
The hotel is centrally located and close to the historic sights, such as the Blue Mosque. It is in a quiet residential street. Rooms are tastefully furnished, and those at the back have lovely views over the Sea of Marmara.
However what makes this hotel so special are the staff, especially Ali, who is incredibly helpful, kind, warm and witty!
I would highly recommend this characterful hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
suisse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

we spent 5 nights at tulip hotel and we were plenty satisfied by the provided service. the staff is very friendly, the rooms are very clean and well furnished. The hotel is at 5 min walking distance from the blue mosque etc...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Tulip House? Share your experiences!