“cool,clean, simply just good!” 4 of 5 stars

Second Home Hostel
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Ebussuut No: 19 Sirkeci, Istanbul, Turkey   |
Ranked #13 of 850 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Zurich, Switzerland
“cool,clean, simply just good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very nice place to stay, specially for young people. The hostel is clean, stuff is very friendly and the hostel has a really cool rooftop terrace. The hostel is located very close to the most important tourist attractions like hagia sofia or the blue mosque. Just good this second home hostel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed staying here. The front desk always helped me with whatever I needed. The location is close to Sirkeci and Gulhane tram stops. 5 min to Topkapi palace, 10 min walk to Blue mosque, aya sofia. Rooms are clean and in good shape. Each floor has its own showers and toilets. Breakfast included in price too.

• Stayed August 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My friend and I travelled to Istanbul and stayed at the second home hostel for the week. The guys are really friendly, went the extra mile to help us out and make our experience an easy and pleasant one. Can was a great help - always there and offered dinners and pub crawls. The hostel is clean, wifi, close to attractions, friendly and you do feel at home. Thanks so much guys! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Levoca, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Super nice, smiling and helpful people work there, the location couldn't be better, rooms are small, but clean. Breakfast was good, although if you stay for a longer time you probably get bored of Turkish breakfast :D
I can recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Hazard was always available to help and a very friendly person. Highly recommended! I stayed on the first floor. I didnt need to hire any taxi to go anywhere. Everything is a walking distance. I saved a ton of money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Second Home Hostel was ideally situated in the Sultanahmet area and the hostel manager was very friendly and helpful. The hostel felt safe, the roof garden was fantastic and the en suite and breakfast were a definite plus. The hostel does not particularly lend itself to socialising but you can find much worse hostels. Second Home Hostel wasn't a worldbeater for me but there was little explicitly it could have done better.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is the nicest hostel I’ve ever been to. When I had no idea where to stay in Istanbul, one of my friends suggested this hostel for me. So I joined him with my other friend. Fortunately they still have 4 beds at dorm, so I could stay even only for one night. I took tram to sultanahmet and stopped at Gulhane station, 20m from that station you can reach the hostel. When arrived, the staff would directly offer you the welcoming tea and ask about your plan staying there, what are you gonna do or find. Then they will help you to get best travel experience there, where u should visit and what kind of activities you can do there.
It’s only 3-5 minutes to reach Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar and other objects in Sultanahmet. At that time I wanted to go to Cappadocia and Hazret helped us making clear about the transportation from there also giving recommendation about the suitable accommodation I could stay during my trip in Cappadocia.
The hostel is clean, with good hospitality the staff will facilitate everything u need. Even I stayed in dorm with 7 other visitors, I could feel safe with no worry about my stuff. Staying in one room with new friends from different countries there was my fun experience. The staff are friendly, I felt like at my home country and stayed with my old friends, no worries at all. When my friend and I wanted to pray morning at Blue Mosque, Yusuf told that he would accompany us, to pray together, he told us his story, his dream, his family, so we got closer like friend or maybe like a family, even I only stayed one night there. When you need information and help, just contact them. Btw, the food is delicious, I love the breakfast and I miss this place and nice people there a lot.

Room Tip: if there is any, choose the single bed in dorm, you can sleep better because of the bigger space but...