“Family reunion at a convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Istanbul International Airport

You added Courtyard Istanbul International Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Istanbul International Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fatih Caddesi, Dereboyu Sokak 2 A | Halkali, Istanbul 34303, Turkey   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #449 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Melbourne, Australia
“Family reunion at a convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel. This time around we stayed for 4 nights as we were connecting with our family (21 of us) from all over the world. The hotel's free airport shuttle was ideal for travelling to and from the airport to pick up and drop off family members at different times. The wonderful friendly staff catered for our every need as a large group. We are very grateful for all the friendly staff who were more than happy to answer every question and organise shuttles for us to see the town in convenience. Nothing was too much trouble and it made our stay a lovely experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Happylotus1

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for choosing us for your family reunion location.

It is great to read that you was satisfied with the service you received from the staff. It is also great to see that your reunion went as planned and everybody enjoyed themselves.

It was a pleasure welcoming you and your family to our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Washington, D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

For American travelers used to the Courtyard brand this hotel will feel very familiar. It's a newer Courtyard with the nicer more modern furnishings. Turkish Airlines placed me here for an overnight layover - it's about 10 minutes from the airport, but not close to any major attractions in Istanbul. There's unfortunately nothing within walking distance to this hotel, so if you arrive without a car you'll need to cab to any shopping / dining. Hotel staff were friendly, although check-in was slower than it should be since a whole bus of people got off at the same time.

Some other reviews reported being charged for wi-fi - it may be a recent policy change, but the wi-fi was free while I was there and the speeds were decent. There is a pretty decent restaurant located in the hotel with reasonable (for a hotel) prices. The bar is a rip-off though - I think my Efes cost $12 US. Hotel clientele appeared to be almost exclusively travelers on layover.

I made use of the gym in the basement which was very nice. Pool looked inviting as well. Free paper cups of water and a towel provided, but bottles cost money.

Negatives: Hotel lobby is hot and stuffy. The glass shower partition is not nearly large enough and water tends to spill out on the floor while showering.

All in all I was satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your valuable feedback.

It is great to hear that you had a pleasant stay and was satisfied with the facilities. We also do have a free shuttle service to ArenaPark shopping centre 5 days a week at 12:45 departing from the hotel and 16:00 departing from the shopping centre.

All feedback we receive are important to us as we can see how we can improve our service and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel's shuttle bus leaves the airport hourly at half hour and leaves the hotel at each full hour for the airport. The drive takes less than 10 minutes. As I arrived early in the morning they still had to prepare a room for me but there was no information from the receptionist except please wait. After waiting for 15 minutes I got impatient and requested a breakfast instead of endlessly waiting. The breakfast buffet is sufficient for everybody's taste but nothing special. In general the staff was friendly and helpful except for the two receptionists who were clearly overwhelmed with the task (about 8 guests waiting for their rooms) and also lacked English knowledge and thus preferred to talk to each other instead of giving the waiting guests an update on the rooms. My room was spacious and clean, furnished with safe, TV, writing desk, free and fast wireless internet access. The taxi ride to the old city costs about 55 Turkish Lira (22 EUR or 29 US$) and takes approx. 45 minutes. An alternative is to take the hotel shuttle to the airport where there is also a small supermarket with normal prices, and from there by Metro which is a tram to the touristic old city area, for 2x 3 Turkish Lira (change the tram twice but easy to do so).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your valuable feedback.

Due to high number of guests accommodating the night before we are sometimes not able to provide a time on when a room will be ready and so in this case we apologise for any disruption caused. We also would like to apologise if you felt the reception staff was not as helpful as you would have expected.

All reviews and feedback are valuable to us and we always look at ways we can improve our service and facilities.

We hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel is a typical Courtyard, which are usually good for an overnight before a flight. But this hotel was disappointing.
After flying 12 hours from the US, I could not get the shuttle, waited and waited, finally took a taxi. Upon arriving AT&T he hotel, the first thing they make a very tired traveler do is stop and place their luggage on a security scanner. Why? Why Marriott, why? Wouldn't it just be better to have someone helping with luggage, not making travelers more tired and annoyed? Next I got my room, non smoking on a non smoking floor, What a joke! The whole whole and my room reeked of smoke, and some kind if bad spray to try to mask it. It was so bad I could not breath, and you cannot open the window, so you are stuck in a smelly room.
The breakfast is fine, nothing special.
The worst part was the shuttle to the airport the next morning, I told the front desk and the shuttle driver that I was flying to Antalya and to take me to the domestic terminal, but they dropped me at international, and said I had to walk. It is a very very long walk in a hot corridor, I almost missed my flight.

Skip this hotel, they just don't care about customers. It should not carry the Marriott name.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

First of all thank you for choosing to stay at Courtyard by Marriott Istanbul hotel.

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel and distress caused after a long haul journey. In terms of security it is our upmost priority to make all guests feel safe whilst accommodating at the hotel. All staff are here to provide the best service possible to all guests.

Our shuttle service unfortunately does not stop at the domestic terminal as the airport is not able to provide a drop off location as part of the airport regulations.

Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very good hotel in terms of value for money if to stay if a long layover between flight or any business at or close to the airport. Not the best hotel but the best in its category. Free hourly airport shuttle. Location not good if you want to jog or walk outside the hotel at night.

• Stayed August 2013
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and for your feedback.

Its great to see that you enjoyed your stay and was satisfied with the service received.

All feedback we receive are valuable to us and we always look at ways we can improve our services and facilities.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had to stay in the hotel because of a missing connection. It was offerd by Turkish Airlines.
I arrived at 01:00 Am (!). The personnel at the reception was (still!) very kind. I was offered a very nice room (1002). I was very tired (exhausted!). On my request the bar stayed open for another 15 minutes, where I enjoyed a great beer. The hotel absolutely met my expectations and unfortunately I couldn't not stay longer, as my connecting flight was already leaving after 5 hours again. I slept well. Had a nice shower!

Room Tip: Just 15 minutes from the airport. I don't know the distance to the city centre. I had room 1002...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for your valuable review.

It is excellent to see that you enjoyed your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Hotel and was impressed with the service received.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were here for the night only.
The room was excellent. But the door is thin enough to hear the ice-machine's work (does it really need for anybody except for fun? The water cooler would be much better).
You have to pay for every thing that included to hotel of lower class: bottle of water, hour of wifi). It's not about money, it's about comfort.
They also had blocked the deposit on my credit card and doesn't tolled me.
When I try to connect the wifi, the system said there is no person with this last name in this room. The receptionist said by phone that may be they wrote my surname to their system wrong.
So the service was really disappointing for the hotel of this class and money.

Room Tip: Try to book the room not closed from the ice-machine they have on the floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Mr Alex P

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and in taking time to write a review and expressing your feedback on our hotel.

We apologize for any inconvenience we caused regarding the service you received as our upmost priority is to give all our guests the best service experience possible.

Regarding the internet, the lobby provides our guests with complimentary internet connectivity.

Best Regards

Been to Courtyard Istanbul International Airport? Share your experiences!