“Good value hotel 10 min from airport with free hotel shuttle.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Istanbul International Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Istanbul International Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Istanbul International Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fatih Caddesi, Dereboyu Sokak 2 A | Halkali, Istanbul 34303, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #428 of 901 hotels in Istanbul
Los Angeles, California
“Good value hotel 10 min from airport with free hotel shuttle.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night at Courtyard Istanbul Airport for an early morning flight.
Free shuttle each hour on the hour that takes around 10min from hotel to airport. Hotel also offers free hourly pickup service from airport at half past the hour.

It took around 56 lira taxi from Sultanahmet, and it seems like taxi is driving past the airport since hotel is a bit further away.

Our room smelled smokey, but we were sleepy and beds were comfy. Overall a good value hotel with free shuttle to airport. Good choice for an early or late flight.

• Stayed May 2013
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank your choosing to stay at our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and we would like to thank you for your feedback and review.

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New Milton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was impressed by the front desk service; I had to cancel the second two nights of a 3 day stay and I checked out well after checkout time. Nonetheless there was no complaint, resistance or even talk of a late check-out charge, let alone charging me for the extra nights. Not bad! The room was fine - clean and comfortable and the area was quiet.

Room Tip: I booked direct online on their website - simple and straightforward.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking time in writing your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you was impressed with the service you received and enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for 3 nights. Overall I had a good stay and found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful. They arranged a tourfor me to see some of Istanbul's historic sites on my day off. On m very first day, I encountered two minor maintenance problems: one with the shower head and the other with the door lock. I informed the staff upon my departure for business meetings on my first day. When I returned a few hours later, both items were fixed. While staying at the hotel, I used their fitness center, which had cardio equipment, a few weight machines, and some dumbells. I also took breakfast in the hotel restaurant on the second day there. The buffet was nice, but I felt it was a little bit expensive in comparison to what was offered. I also found it odd that I never signed an invoice for my breakfast. As a Marriott Platinum Premier Rewards Member, I often get breakfast included in my stay at Courtyard Hotels outside the US. In this case, the woman who checked my room number at the restaurant entrance was making other people sign invoices but did not make me sign an invoice. I did not realize that I was charged until I checked out. It was not a big deal, but the charge simply showed up. There was no actual transaction.

I also found the hotel to be a little quirky in other ways. Due to my Marriott Rewards status, I was given a room upgrade, which I appreciate very much. I was not provided a robe or slippers, which I find odd. That is almost always provided. I did not say anything to the staff, but I found it strange.

Some people posting here have commented on the neighborhood. The hotel is a bit isolated, but I was able to eat at two different kepab restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. I did not find the location to be a problem. In addition, I had an early flight outside the normal shuttle bus hours. The hotel had a taxi waiting for me at 4:15 AM, and the metered price of the taxi was less than 20 Turkish Lira.

The hotel had a few quirks, but overall it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is clean; it has nice facilities; the staff is helpful and friendly; the restaurant is good; the location is close to the airport; and the daily rate is affordable. I would gladly stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Greg A

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place of accommodation and for your feedback.

As we are a Courtyard brand, our hotel unfortunately does not have an executive lounge, for Platinum members we upgrade their room to a superior room and this upgrade includes free minibar and the room if available will be on 17th or 18th floor.

We would like to thank you for your review and hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

During the recent riots in Istanbul, I decided that it was best to stay nearer the airport rather than the city centre so I booked in to the Courtyard Marriott Hotel, close to Ataturk Airport.
It’s a large business hotel done in the typical Courtyard style, friendly and chatty and business orientated.

Reception on arrival was fast and ultra-friendly - a very helpful man who briefed me on what was available. I upgraded (€40) to a top floor room which gave me free breakfast and free internet at a cost less than the component parts!

My 18th floor room was clean and modern, if a tiny bit Spartan and had a view over a building site which was not a problem as I don’t often look out the window. I was told that the rooms on the other side look out over the freeway and the sea in the distance – goodness; I must try that next time. ( I'm back two nights later - stayed in the other rooms - no - the view is no better!)

The room was fine and comfortable – everything, including the Internet worked fine and the bed was most comfortable – I slept really well. They provide the usual amenities, as one would expect.

The facilities are the usual Courtyard stuff, a 24 hour shop to buy things like toothpaste and wine, beer etc., a small two computer pay business centre to do your printing and the like and a large restaurant which we ate in twice and the food was actually good, as was the service.

Not a lot more to say, really – it was a lot cheaper than the City Centre equivalents and because of the unrest in Turkey at the moment, a lot safer. One word of warning – hotels in Istanbul are not cheap – this one cost me US$260 for one night but that is a lot less than you would pay in the city centre. It was not a top quality hotel 5 star place but it was fine, friendly and a good place to stay for a “business night” – don’t think of it for a holiday stay though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank your choosing our hotel for your choice of accommodation and for taking time to review your stay.

We are glad to hear that you was happy with the accommodation and service we had provided.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had an early flight and tons of luggage so stayed here for the offer of the airport shuttle at 5am. Room was clean, large, completely silent even though planes were taking off right over the hotel. Ate at the hotel restaurant.. the dinner buffet was excellent. Staff spoke ok English. Disappointed we had to pay for internet though, a bit of an annoyance. Suggest to hotel management that they include the price of internet in room charge.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay and for taking time in reviewing our hotel.

All constructive feedback are highly valuable to us and so we always look at ways of improving our services and facilities to please all of our guests.

Gaffney, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Nice comfortable hotel. Strange location and you have to put your luggage through an x-ray machine before entering the lobby? Also, the place is surrounded by high chain link fence with barb-wire on top. Vehicles entering the "compound" get a look over as well as a scan underneath with a mirror! Otherwise - once you're in - it is a comfortable hotel and close to the airport. Complimentary airport shuttle which we used and was very convenient. Took about 7 minutes to get to the airport. They drop off at one location between the Domestic and International terminal so there is some walking to the check-in counters.

Room Tip: We usually get a higher floor away from the elevators to try and eliminate noise. Rooms were very q...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Dona1d

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your feedback.

In terms of the security, our priority is the safety of all guests and staff entering the hotel ground. The same security procedure also takes place when staff enter the hotel grounds.

The procedure in terms of our location for dropping off passengers is out of our contol as the airport designate an area where all hotel shuttle services have their oıwn stops.

Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Airport hotels are expected to be convenient to the airport, and easy to get to and from. This Courtyard is neither. Vans to pick you up from the airport, or take you back to the airport, only leave once per hour! Miss the van by 2 minutes, and you'll wait another hour. Got an early international flight? You might have to depart almost an hour earlier than you'd like because of this limited schedule. I wish we had stayed in central Istanbul and taken a taxi. Otherwise, the hotel is just another airport hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard_Istanbul, Manager at Courtyard Istanbul International Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Valued Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel.

We take all feedback as valuable and look at ways to improve.

Best Regards

Been to Courtyard Istanbul International Airport? Share your experiences!