“Friendship and Cooking Class in Old World Istanbulo” 5 of 5 stars

+90 532 218 0653
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Since my childhood I love to ride and and sample foods from various stalls in the streets of Istanbul. 3 years ago I founded a food and urban life blog of Istanbul, and now I would like to share my discoveries with you!Beyoğlu-Eminonu street food line: We'll travel from Beyoğlu to Karaköy, then Hodjapasha to heart of Eminonu, exploring only the most authentic foods not made for tourists. In between bites, we'll stop at some of my best kept secret shops for clothing,kitchen equipments, spice markets and other authentic wares while we work up our appetites. Recommendations on restaurants, markets, and history will be provided. There will be bits of history and culture. Also along the way we will also be checking out some of the beautiful murals and street art that is often over looked!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Centerville, Massachusetts
“Friendship and Cooking Class in Old World Istanbulo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

While traveling with nine other friends, our last night in Istanbul was spent sharing and preparing a meal under the direction of Selin in her home. Selin was a capable chef/mother hen who coached us in the joys of cooking traditional Turkish dishes, while sharing her family history and her love of cooking. We created delicious dishes while learning and laughing together and then sat at Selin's lovely table to relish it all. It was a fabulous way to bid goodbye to magical, exotic Istanbul. Definitely recommended!

• Polish first
Cape Cod, Mass.
3 attraction reviews
“Authentic and Fun Turkish Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Eight of us spent our last night in Istanbul in Selin's old world apartment, creating a six course feast of Turkish dishes. It was a wonderful way to end our Istanbul visit, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys Turkish cuisine and who might like to replicate these dishes at home (a recipe book was provided for all of us to take with us.) The best part, though, was the fun of working together under Selin's watchful idea, sipping wine and listening to her fascinating stories of growing up in her Istanbul neighborhood. We all got to participate in the preparation of our dishes, and were rewarded with a delicious meal, served in Selin's dining room. I've taken cooking classes in other countries and this was one of the best. Highly recommended!

Winters, California
“Cooking Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the class and the food was delicious. Everyone got to participate in the preparation and Selin had set a beautiful table for us to sit and enjoy the fruits of our labor. A wonderful way to end our trip to beautiful Turkey.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 attraction reviews
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having a cooking class with Selin was a great experience, we enjoyed cooking together and we learned alot about turkish cuisine .. the meal we cooked was So delicious ! ,, we also liked the friendly atmosphere and we had nice conversations with our mates ,,
it was beneficial , fun , and enjoyable cooking class ..

Hai Phong
6 attraction reviews
“Insight into Turkish cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I'm currently backpacking around the world and initially I wasn't that impressed with Turkish food, so I thought it might be nice to splash out and experience the true Turkish kitchen experience with Selin. It was definitely a welcome change from the countless doner kebabs I'd already eaten! Not only did I learn about the Turkish cooking style, but I was able to enjoy a delicious meal with two lovely couples and escape the backpacking scene for a day.
It was worth every cent, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Istanbul. Now I have my free take-home recipe book to recreate all the dishes we made and many more! I would love to have done the market tour as well - sounded like a lot of fun.
I would recommend taking a taxi, as the place proved to be a little difficult to find when walking from Taksim.