“The perfect hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #162 of 901 hotels in Istanbul
Bilbao, Spain
“The perfect hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hostel is good located, 5 minutes from Taksim square. The building is very nice, the room and WC were clean and the bed was comfortable. The owner and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I forgot my photo camera there and they managed to send it to me back in Spain. I would recommend it 100%.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Hostel was really easy to find and right off the main street in Taksim and close enough to the Taksim Metro stop as well. The only downside was that I stayed in the mixed room which was at the very top of the hostel (I think maybe 5 floors with no elevator) The hostel is large, and there's wi-fi in the common areas but not on the top floor. The owner was really friendly and gave good advice. This was my second trip to Istanbul and if I were to have a third, I would stay there again, just on a lower floor. : )

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's the first time I've ever booked a Hostel, I imagined it will be lived in and not that clean, no bed linen and smelling like cigarettes, but what the hell the location was so good, everywhere was walkable and it was so CHEAP you only live once!
Once I arrived there the staff were actually really nice and had personalities, and daily asked how I was, did I sleep comfortably, any issues with the room. They spoke perfect English (as have lived in England), gave free internet, tea/coffee, maps, even the good conversation and directions where at no extra cost ;) and as a girl traveling alone they took this into consideration and gave me a room to myself at no extra cost, really it was such a nice thoughtful gesture, I was aware I would be sharing so really it was generous of them.
My room consisted of an en-suite clean bathroom, a solid 'real wood" bed, firm mattress, duvet/pillow and clean bright white cotton linen,. The wooden floors polished, a wooden cabinet/key for personal belongings.
I WAS THINKING IS THIS REALLY A HOSTEL? If this is the standard of Hostels I'm an idiot who's wasted so much money staying in hotels, but you live and learn.
This place was homely, clean, quite and it was just by luck I chose it..so did I feel real lucky! By the way no one paid me to write this :) Chambers of the Boheme really was this good and the location was perfect, shopping, restaurants, bars, trams, taxis and coaches to BOTH airports at a stones throw, touristic sites were walkable.
For sure I will visit again, it's a little hidden gem!

Room Tip: be a girl LOL
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Beaumaris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed alone for 5 nights here, it was very friendly and open. It is right in the heart of the city and there is restaurants all around. It was also situated quite close to Taksim square and fairly easy to find. However the breakfast was served a little too early.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a low floor if you have heavy luggage.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Deutschland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I've stayed five nights in the hostel and enjoyed everything about the hostel.
I was travelling with my best friend and we were both absolutely happy that we chose that hostel.
By the way, this hostel was recommended by another friend of mine to me as well.
I've been to various hostels and have slept in a dorm with a lot of people already but I must say that the chambers of the boheme were the dorms with the most luxury I've seen at a very fair price (own BIG locker, nice beds and two clean bathrooms and showers right next your bed). The perfect place for backpackers!
If you want to enjoy your trip to Istanbul in a nice hostel with friendly people, a perfect location being very close to the Taksim square, you know now where to go.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cairo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

clean,cheap,good people,in the downtown ,tea and coffee free all the time....sure i will visit istanbul (insha allah) again and i will stay in the same hostel..........

normal room but clean ,internet free ..but not inside the room,the owner very helpful....
close to taksim square,near to the bus station

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Tokyo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed there for 3 days it was good I like the staff but I don't like the German guy he work in resption total bad I hate him he is like feeling he is self the hotel it he's .
After I stayed 3 days I went traveling other city's for 2 weeks when I back to Istanbul I still have 2 days in Istanbul to fly back home .
I get in Istanbul about 9 clock morning taking night bus from olimpos so when I get in the hotel I find the German guy I ask him can I check in now he say you have to wait till some one check out I sayed yes sure .
That I waited like 12 clock and a lot of travelers they check out that I ask him again can I check in he say no you can't check in now you have to wait till 1 clock than I told him why do I have to wait anther one hour and rooms are ready than he say sorry u can't than I say ok sorry I will go to other place .
What I wanna told you about that place I love the other staff are very friendly and locate very good
But the German guy and the boss ahemad don't Like them
Ahemad he try to sall you a trip with expntive price . So if you decide to travel to other city's in turkey try to do it by your Owen self if you join ahemad trip you well pay to much more than you go by your self he charge me 220 erou for the blue course trip but I went there by my self and make it just 150 erou

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ahmet C, Owner at Chambers of the Boheme, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

In response to your review we regret that you have had a bad experience wiıth us. However just to inform you that the staff member you wrote about is no longer working with us. As you can understand we go through many staff here as they do not stay in Turkey for extended periods of tıme. So it difficult to completely impossıble to watch over every staff members attitude all the time. However on thıs occasion we let thıs person go as we had a couple of complaints and we want to ensure every guest has a pleasent stay wıth us.
If your ever in town again we will look after you.

Been to Chambers of the Boheme? Share your experiences!