“Look no further” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tomtom Suites

You added Tomtom Suites to your Saves list
Tomtom Suites
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bogazkesen Cad. Tomtom Kaptan Sok. No:18 Karakoy, Istanbul 34433, Turkey (New City / Taksim)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #10 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Woking, United Kingdom
“Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

From the first minute we arrived we were made extremely welcome and from then on none of the staff could do enough. We started with a meal in the rooftop restaurant 'Nicole,' and thoroughly enjoyed the tasting menu with accompanying wines. We were kept fully informed throughout. Not cheap but worth the price. Likewise the staff at breakfast were equally attentive without being obtrusive and we were able to enjoy the splendid reviews.
The suite was perfect, very spacious and kept perfectly clean and serviced throughout our stay.
Nural and ? on the front desk ensured that we made the best use of our limited time - 4 days - and that we ate well and saw as much of the city as we could. Our first visit to Istanbul but we look forward to returning and have no reason to look elsewhere for accommodation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'd like to endorse mouserou's earlier review of the generously proportioned, immaculate rooms and the discreetly vigilant attention of staff members to their guests. During my short stay at the hotel, I was provided with all the information I needed to explore the neighbourhood confidently. Nural the Duty Manager, quickly assessed my itinerary, then enhanced it with well-timed visits to a nearby, newly renovated hammam from the 16th Century, trendy restaurants, and a carefully mapped walk that would afford intriguing insights into the neighbourhood. I stayed in room 23, which was spacious, light and beautifully appointed. (The vibrant works of a local contemporary artist graced the lobby as well as the rooms) The bathroom was a pristine marbled space I could have dwelled in for a week. The breakfast was less remarkable than the view - but then, the view of the Bosphorus over a jumble of rooftops and springtime trees, made for quite the distraction. All staff members were gallant and unobtrusive, anticipating my needs before I voiced them. The TomTom's location is serendipitous, nestled as it is near a secure consulate, while just down the road from a bustling, gregarious urban scene. The nearby construction work is only mildly disturbing in a city of this magnitude, and while the walk up to the Istiklal Caddesi could be better illuminated at night, it isn't the job of the hotel to install street lights. Still, I felt that the professional staff members wouldn't have batted an eyelid, had I asked someone to walk me up the street. As it was, I made serene progress through one of the liveliest city spots I have had the pleasure of visiting. I shall definitely return to the TomTom.

Room Tip: * Room 23 facing the Italian Consulate
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had an excellent experience during the four January nights I spent in Room 12. My initial room was a good size but facing a construction site/parking lot. Upon asking, I was designated a first floor room facing the Italian Consulate. Both rooms were clean, lovely and spacious, but I was happy to be in the 2nd room, which had a huge soaking tub and shower, both with plenty of hot water and good pressure. WiFi was fast and consistent. Breakfast, which is included, was ordinary but plentiful, fresh and nicely laid-out. Without having to ask, Nural at the front desk provided me with a very helpful transit debit card that was pre-loaded with 10euros for using the local transport, as well as an easy to understand hand-drawn tourist map.

A few words about safety for women travelling alone. I very much appreciated the security afforded by TomTom's vigilant staff and its proximity to very highly-monitored consulates.  I think Nural and his staff were also watching out for me as I walked the dark alley up to Istiklal Caddesi night after night, but never felt intruded upon. They knew if I was out and about or in house, as a friend found out upon trying to reach me at the hotel when I had gone out for dinner.  I felt safe as a female staying alone at TomTom and am likely to stay there again.

I walked to TomTom from a Taksim Square airport bus stop and found it fairly fast for being someone who is generally directionally challenged. The walk to and from the hotel is very steep but every thing in Istanbul seems to be either up or down from a hill. I enjoyed the exercise and did not mind it. Further, walking to and from the hotel provided rewarding views of Galata Tower, the Bosphorus and boutique browsing.  Having been in Istanbul a few times before, I didn't mind the brisk 30min walk to the touristy side, and found TomTom's location to be just the right proximity to most things of interest and far enough to provide peace and serenity.

Overall, I definitely recommend TomTom for the following reasons:
-staff are helpful, discreet and friendly in a professional, unobtrusive way
-it is IMMACULATELY clean
-room I had (#12) was very spacious and comfortable. Price reasonable for what was provided
-felt very safe and secure despite dark, steep alley leading up to Istiklal Caddesi

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the TomTom as a kick-off for a 5- country anniversary trip. By far, Instanbul was the crown of the celebration, and the Tom-Tom was the jewel. The very best experience of our trip was a two-day private tour arranged by Nural with a fantastic guide called Selcuk, a charmingly personable and highly knowledgeable art historian who showed us a rare window into the city, its culture, and many of its hidden gems.

The rooms are beautiful, and the hotel has a cool modern edge that starts with the modern art in the lobby and carries through to the large suites throughout. We loved the breakfast - who knew that plain fresh yogurt could taste so wonderful with rose-petal jam?

The staff was lovely, and Nural was a welcoming friend when we arrived back at the hotel at the end of every fascinating day. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hong kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Considering the price it charges there are several things the hotel to improve :-

1. Put a lamp onto the passage way to Istiklal street . The walk is not only steep its also dark and eerie . Nobody pays Eur170 to walk that passage which is a dump .

2. Provide a shuttle service to Tram station of Istiklal street . Its a long long way to the tram station . And a shuttle doesn't cost that much .

3. Breakfast room has a good view . But breakfast itself is no good . Can improve in many ways . Just ask the guests .

4. Do not charge 25 Lires for a 5Lires transport card . If you charge 170 Euro per nite why are you so fixated on 25 Lires ? This destroys the trust .

5. We have just been staying at Residence Agnes in Prague before staying here . The rooms and decoration is inferior to Tom Tom but the services they provided over compensates . I posted an "Excellent" on Agnes and "Poor" on Tom Tom . The owner of Tom Tom can make a visit and learn .

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed for a 6 night night city break and had a wonderful experience.
Our room was very spacious with a large bathroom; features include iPod/iPhone4 docking station, daily complimentary bottled water, a reliable wifi service throughout the hotel, without the need for cumbersome logins.
The view over the city to the Bosporus at breakfast is quite stunning. The quality of the buffet breakfast is excellent. The rooms are quiet, and with the windows closed the local call to prayer is quite inaudible.
Guests should be warned that the hotel is situated on a steep hillside so one must be able to undertake steep uphill and downhill walks to leave this hotel.
Also a building site a short distance down the street makes for some inconvenience when coming and going.
The receptionist Nural was extremely courteous and helpful, recommending good local bars & restaurants, tailoring a day trip out of the city to the Princes' Islands including many useful tips, and booking a relaxing evening in a nearby hamam.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My son and I recently visited Istanbul and had the good fortune to stay at the Tom-Tom. I can't say enough wonderful things about the hotel. The service is excellent starting with Ahmet and Nural at the front desk. They assisted us in every way possible. The room was stylish, clean and inviting. Breakfast was a real treat with a very tasty spread, including granola, yogurt, fruit, hot items, various breads and cheeses. I highly recommend this hotel! If I ever go back to Istanbul, I will be staying at the Tom Tom!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Tomtom Suites? Share your experiences!