“Great Hotel and Super Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tomtom Suites

Save Saved
You added Tomtom Suites to your Saves list
Tomtom Suites
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bogazkesen Cad. Tomtom Kaptan Sok. No:18 Karakoy, Istanbul 34433, Turkey (New City / Taksim)   |
Ranked #8 of 920 Hotels in Istanbul
Bramhall
“Great Hotel and Super Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Tomtom Suites are well located to visit most of the "must do" attractions in Istanbul with the tram station only a few minutes walk at the bottom of the street. Our room was huge and well furnished with a super ensuite bathroom. The hotel was spotless and the staff could not be more helpful, especially the staff on the reception desk. Food in the roof top restuarant was first class if a little pricey and again the service very attentive and speedy. If you like small classy hotels then this is one for you. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have travelled and stayed at hotels all over the world and believe me Tom Tom Suites exceeded expectations on all levels.
The hotel is super clean and smells delicious. The hotel employees whether at reception, concierge or in the restaurant were all EXTREMELY helpful, kind and love their job. My partner a stomach bug, after eating in a 5star famous hotel restaurant, which shall remained unnamed. The staff could not have made us feel more at home following this unfortunate event. They made sure my partner was comfortable and had all he needed, but also made sure I was entertained and took well care of me.
Forget large hotel chains- boutique hotels like this one, are the ones to choose if you're looking for a more human experience.
Ps: The breakfasts re amazing and the views from the restaurant, superb!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Overall we enjoyed our stay, this is a good hotel by Istanbul standards and we would recommend it.

Our room was spacious, though we had booked one on the third floor and were slightly disappointed with being put on the second because we had read about the noise. If you're a light sleeper you will probably be woken by the children walking to school, it is as you read in the reviews, however when I kept the window shut I did sleep through. I found the bed too hard and the pillows, despite sampling from the pillow menu, were all slightly wrong, but then again my bed standards are exceptionally high. I was surprised, considering the price of the room, to find the coffees from the pod machine charged as extras on the bill; it just seemed a bit cheap not to include coffee, especially since the machine was placed on the surface and there was nothing to indicate it was chargeable. The shower hose in the jacuzzi bath had not been cleaned, yet it hung into the bath. One day at breakfast they took out the hoover and commenced hoovering around us while we were eating, not the most welcoming activity. Other than those issues the staff at Tom Tom try to accommodate your wishes and overall there is a feeling of luxury and attentiveness.

Lastly, I should probably mention the hill - something people mention and we were concerned at how steep they actually are! The first time we took the back route to Istikial Street it was slightly shocking, extremely steep, unkempt and run down. I was concerned about making the trip at night, but my fears were assuaged by the staff and we soon became used to it. The location of the Tom Tom is ideal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Leipzig, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at Tomtom Suites beginning of May for almost a week and have to say, that it was an extraordinary experience. The location is phantastic, the Hotel more then charming, the rooms superb and the staff is very very kind and attentively, great service and hospitality!
The bathrooms are great and comfortable, the rooms have all their own charm.
Breakfast you have on the top floor with a great view over Istanbul, very delicious and fresh.

Room Tip: We know three categories and have to say all have their own charme and quality.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

As a place to crash for the night, Tomtom suites is adequate - comfortable mattresses, large rooms. But that's as far as we felt. Our experience was sort of unique because, in the space of a short time we stayed in a few places Istanbul - all decidedly higher rated than Tomtom - (as we swung in and out of the city) - and hopefully you might see what you're missing by not going higher on the TA rating scale.
Tomtom, from the get go, seems more concerned about getting paid than about wanting our (repeat) business. Istanbul, seems to be full of establishments that slide on the scale of wanting to quote everything in USD as opposed to TL; but this place seems to think that it needs to be in the "Euro"zone (that proximity to the Italian consulate must be heady). But dont worry, you wont need to go thru the tedium of monetary rates, the currencies are changed without the amount.
Asked for an airport pickup (it was an email thread of about 4 emails) party that inlcuded a baby .. they were more concerned about the Euros it would cost for their C class or 300'series BMW than about making sure that there was a child seat in the car. (Other hotels, didn't ever need to be asked to provide it .. but have automatically made sure that even taxis they get for us had an infant seat - I guess, we were wrong to mistake luxury to include efficiency).

Though our reservation was made well in advance, the "ONLY" bassinet in the hotel was used in another room... it's not so much the apology on not having it, as much the assumption that "the kid's going to sleep in your bed, anyway, right?" that highlighted the service.
It goes beyond travelling with a family or not on business .. the room service menu is spectacularly unimpressive .. on the bright side the pasta wasn't overcooked, but the higher quality continental breakfast makes one think that they are happier having to cook in the morning than later on in the day.

Which by then was a stay about as pleasant as enjoying malaria .. so we left with a smile because we were on our way out.

Room Tip: Away from the Italian consulate .. I have no idea how a hotel of this calibre has such poor windows...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
TomtomGM, General Manager at Tomtom Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Toronto Tripper,

First of all I would like thank you for your feedback .

I’m really sorry to hear all about your stay and concerned of your accomodation .That’ s really unpleasant for us too, that we couldn’t make your one night stay as comfortable and also away from the usual standards of Tomtom Suites.There will be certainly no excuse on the isues you have pointed but just like you to accept our apologies.
Your disappointness of the pricing makes us certainly unhappy and not being able to reach your expectations.
The transfer is an outsource service and even though they had been informed of your infant thats dissapointing we had come aclose with this situation.
And also so upsetting to hear you and your infant couldn't be able to make you feel so comfortable even if we tried to settle a sofa to your suite.

With ,your feedbacks we'll improve our service and try to accomodate our guests in higher standards ,try to be able to meet your expectations,do our best to remember us with smile.

Hope we may have a chance to welcome you here in the future and have the oppotunity to change your thoughts.
Kindest Regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our party of eight has just returned from Istanbul and found our hotel excellent. Not only was it bright and cheerfully modern with generous sized rooms but the hotel staff were very helpful in answering our queries, giving recommendations and putting up with us! I am not a fan of continental breakfasts but theirs were very good. Once we had mastered the tram we had no problem with the location.

Room Tip: Ours was a slightly cheaper one with no view but maybe this doesn't worry you and you can spend...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I spent 4 nights on my own in this marvelous boutique hotel before joining a tour group traveling through Turkey. Although the other hotels were nice this was the best and the only one I'm reviewing. I want to thank Nural for 'looking out for me'. He recommended terrific places for authentic, delicious turkish meals; found me a knowledgable guide who escorted me to areas of the city not included on my 'tour' itinerary; provided me with a transportation pass and the knowledge to use it; helped track down my luggage when it was swapped with another taxi passenger going to a different hotel upon arrival. He was always ready with a warm smile, gracious manner and concern for my enjoyment.

My room was spacious - at least 4 times the size of any place I stayed - and quiet, well-equipped with all amenities. Nice marble and wood floors. Great glass elevator and unusual art. Large functioning bathroom. The rooftop restaurant where breakfast is served has an amazing view, good service and food - an inspiring way to begin each day. I invited 3 traveling companions to dinner the night before our tour group met up. We all agree dinner at the restaurant was superior to anywhere else we ate in Istanbul including a couple of the 'famous' restaurants in the Sultanahmet.

I highly recommend this hotel if you have the inclination to stay just a little bit apart from the masses in the old town and want a personalized experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Tomtom Suites? Share your experiences!