“A Rare Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

You added Osmanhan Hotel to your Saves list
Osmanhan Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Akbiyik Cad. Cetinkaya Sok. No:1 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #8 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Dublin,Ireland
“A Rare Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 5 night towrads the end of October 2009. I had to go to Istanbul on business and a work colleague recommended this great hotel to me. He was really raving about it so I decided to check it out. I really was quite pleased in having done so.
I must say that this Hotel is really quite superb. I was really happy with the standard of my room. The room was so spotless. The room had all the amenities that you would need. It had air conditioning , LCD TV with a built in DVD , telephone , wireless internet and a very nice ensuite bathroom. There was also of plently of clean fresh towels everyday.
The hotel is located right in the heart of the oldtown where all the top sites are. The Blue Mosque , Aya Sofia and Topkapi Palace are all within a 3 minute walk.
There is a very nice breakfast every morning on the roof topwitha fantastic view of the Mamara Sea and the Blue Mosque at the back. What lovely sites to see while eating breakfast.
I also made good use of the hotel facilities. It was very nice to unwind in the evening up on the rooftop . There were books to read and DVD's to watch on the big LCD tv while lounging around on the sofas. I found this to be very relaxing
The staff were really great too. They were extremely helpful when I asked about sites to see and excursions to do.
I would really recommend this as a good place to stay with visiting Istanbul whether it be for business or please.
I would really like to thank everyone especially Nadir , Volkan and Cem for really looking after me while I was there

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Turkish first
Omaha NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Fatih arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport and our ride was waiting when we arrived. We had a room on the 4th floor with a beautiful city and Bosphorus view. The room was spotless, the air conditioning worked great, and the shower was perfect. If we ever had the chance to return to Istanbul, we will make arrangements to stay here again.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

After my stay in the Osmanhan, I was on a tour of Turkey that included 4 and 5 star hotels. Nothing else measured up to the Osmanhan. Everything worked: wifi in my room, the air conditioner, the TV. Buffet breakfast on the roof each morning was fresh and delicious. The young man and woman who prepared it were friendly and attentive. The view of the sea was lovely. Fatih at the front desk spoke English flawlessly and was always helpful. It was an easy walk of a few blocks to the most famous sights of Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

We stayed one week in this hotel. Fatih was VERY helpful and warm. Room was large enough and clean. Shower perfect. On our way back home, we had to stay again in Istambul, as the Osmanhan was full, we had to look for another hotel. We went to many of them around and we did not find another one better. We had to go just in front of it, missing it a lot. For the price, it is the best!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

The hotel's main selling points are its friendly staff and a location close to the major tourist sites of the city. Our room was attractive and clean with a large and comfortable bed and the rooftop terrace was a lovely spot in which to eat breakfast and relax later in the day.

The only thing missing for me was some real turkish coffee with my breakfast. Also, be aware that in central Istanbul you can expect to be woken early by the morning call to prayer!

If you are looking for a base from which to explore the city and don't mind not having a gym, a bar and room service, then you won't be disappointed.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

very much enjoyed staying here...within walking distance of all the major historical sites.
close to restaurants and shopping.
Hotel staff very efficient and helpful particularly Fatih Oser who was able to make our stay trouble free.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Fatih was very informative, kind and friendly., from the moment I made the booking on the internet until we left the hotel for the airport.

Our room 41 was lovely but as stated in other reviews there is no lift so it's quite a few stairs. Nice bathroom with shower (no bath) ; everything very clean etc.

Location is great for seeing all the sights in Istanbul and if you're not sure about how to get somewhere just ask Fatih.

They also own the Agora Hotel and Guest house around the corner which we were told was very good.

And we had a kebab from the man with his little takeaway cart by the side of the hotel (evenings only) which was delish.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Osmanhan Hotel? Share your experiences!