“Excellent value property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Osmanhan Hotel

Save Saved
You added Osmanhan Hotel to your Saves list
Osmanhan Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Akbiyik Cad. Cetinkaya Sok. No:1 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #8 of 883 hotels in Istanbul
Perth, Australia
“Excellent value property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

3 nights approx €65-70/night Ground floor room.

Location is very good within minutes of Topkaki Place, Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque. Lots of restaurants-although touristy joints and minimarts/convience stores nearby. About 10-12min walk from Sultanahmet tram stop. 20-25 mins to Eminonu Pier for Boshporus boat rides and 15-20min to Grand Bazaar. You can always take a tram for 1.95TL/trip with IstanbulKart(Card)6TL which can be purchased and topped up and several newspaper kiosks or ticket machines (which happened to be all out of order) near Sultanahmet tram stop. Basic smallish room with minibar, tea/coffee facilities and a tv – Does the job but don’t expect a large room/luxury. Breakfast is served on the top floor, great views of the ocean; you can sit on the balcony if it wasn’t raining and cold when I was there. Cold meats, cheese, bread, cereals, fruit, salads, select cakes and Turkish pastries are provided – simple but filling and tasty. The reception staff were extremely helpful and spoke good English.

Overall an excellent value accommodation in the Sultanahmet district. A great base for the main tourist attractions.

Room Tip: No elevator so you may need help caring your bags up if you stay on a higher floor.

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

An excellent choice for anyone wanting a clean, comfortable and friendly hotel in an excellent location. The staff (especially Fatih) were incredibly helpful. Breakfast was good and roof top terrace offered great views across the bay. Located close to main tourist sites and an excellent range of restaurants and shops. Short walk to tram stops for easy travel to other parts of the city. Highly recommended and looking forward to our next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Osmanhan is very comfortable with well equipped clean rooms, wonderful breakfast at the sea-viewing terrace and kind stuffs. The hotel's location is best,too. It's on a small quiet street, but 5 minute-walk distance to main spots. Thanks to the owners and stuffs.

• Stayed March 2013
Musashino, Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Every staff in the hotel is really nice. Especially Mr. Hamit and Fatih really helped me a lot. I went to the Istanbul for the business, from them I have received a lot of precious information and advises. One thing made me really impressive is the breakfast in this hotel, I got a chance to tried other hotel's breakfast, but here is the best. On the roof terrace is, you can not only enjoy the fresh and delicious Turkish breakfast, but also enjoy the great view of euro side and Asian side of Istanbul. Of course, location of the hotel is also perfect for sightseeing. I really had a wonderful experiences because of this place, for me here is the place more than a hotel. Thank you so muchj! If someone wants to have a real Istanbul trip, I strongly recommend here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I thought I had reviewed this hotel but I must have made an error because I cannot find it and The Osmanhan deserves to have an excellent review put forward to add to the many positive responses.

We stayed in this hotel in January for only two nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. We could not fault the service in any area of the hotel from Fatih in reception to the excellent breakfast staff. To top it all off the room was spotless and beautifully furnished.

The hotel is within walking distance to everything in the old city and we even managed to walk back from Taksim. There is not a single thing that the staff will not try to help you with and they do everything they can to ensure you have a wonderful stay. Sometimes it was even difficult to walk out and explore the city because talking to the staff was just such a pleasant and friendly experience. I really don't know what else to add to the other reviews except just go there and see for yourself. I will be so surprised if anyone can find anything negative to say.
Our only regret is that Fatih will not be there when we can eventually return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hi,

I know my title of this review is cheesy but that's how much I loved this place. As much as Istanbul is wonderful so this is Hotel which made our stay even more memorable.

I usually prefer 4 or 5 star Hotels but I chose this one after reading other reviews and I thought to myself how can all of them give 4 or 5 star? but only after staying here I felt ... every praise they get is well deserved.

Coming to specifics ..

Location wise its awesome .. just 5-7 min walk to Hagia Sofia .. Blue Mosque.. Basilica cistern so your never far from walking to all the major attractions in old city. We explored everything on foot in our 3 day stay.

Rooms are nice, cosy and clean. Free Internet in rooms.

Yummy typical Turkish breakfast every day (I still miss the omelettes). Everything was very simple and tasty. and yes its on the rooftop you can enjoy the view of the sea as well.

What sets this place apart is the hotel staff - the best ever I have experienced in my travelling years. Special thanks to Fatih who answered my countless questions with pleasure and enthusiasm. And all his suggestions were superb and top-class. everyone is very warm and friendly and you feel at home there.

Finally, if you are thinking its too good to be true .. i would like to say this one is too good :)

and I would blindly vouch for it to anyone looking to stay in Istanbul.

Regards,
Niranjan

Aomori, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I booked 4 nights at Osman Han Hotel, After the 4 nights I wanted to stay longer, but there was no room, for that I moved other hotel. Though the hotel I'm staying at now is good, I want to return to Osman Han because its room is very clean and quiet, the breakfast was so nice, the view from the terrace is excellent. and especially the stuffs are all kind. Osman Han is near to every sihgt-seeing spot and there are many restaurants, cafes and bar around it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Osmanhan Hotel? Share your experiences!