“Europe traweller” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Golden Park Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lamartin Cad. No 22-24 | Taksim, Istanbul 34437, Turkey   |
Ranked #740 of 916 hotels in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“Europe traweller”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I staying at the moment in Golden Park Hotel and am very disappointed on it. Reasons:
1. All the noise from corridor and rooms nearby is disturbing very much specially during nighttime.
2. Internet connections during past 4 days is nearly zero! Less than 1 Mb/s download is far to low for a hotel. You will be frantic to wait 2-3 minutes that the web page will be opened - or in worst case the connection is broken time after time.
3. Fitness center = one exercise bike and a treadmill + a pool of ca.2,5 x 4 meters
4. If you complain you will hear promises - without real actions. I even don't want to complain minor problems.

I wonder on what basis Golden Park Hotel and its sister hotel Royal Park Hotel have earned 4 stars? It is strongly misleading even in Istanbul. Who is responsible on this kind of invalid qualification of hotels? Avoid this hotel Goup

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Tehran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

In Istanbul you should consider the location of your hotel,and golden park is located in taksim SQ and you have access to Istanbul public transportation.
About hotel ,regarding to the cost ,services are acceptable.Not in high level,but totally good.the room was comfortable and space was ok.House keeping was good.The personnel were polite and i can offer this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My family's first visit to Istanbul I lessened my friend advise and we stayed in Golden Park hotel one part of our visit to close to the most of places we wished to visit.Hotel was very comfy and specially the service all the staff was very friendly my daughter don't wanted to come with us she wanted to stay in the hotel with them.we had a small problem when we arrived the hotel, booking was not showed the our daughter but very friendly manager fixed for us (hotel was full )
WE enjoyed hassle free happy stay made our visit more enjoyable.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Since the management has change it has been huge differences and improvement in service, and management. The first had stay 10 year ago was not showed 4 star service but now service is better. I did enjoy while I am staying in the hotel. front office personnel is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I usually discount terrible reviews because they usually come down to a personality conflict or someone peevish about an idiosyncratic bad experience. Not this time. This was among the worst hotel nights of my life. Not just because this isn't a four-star hotel (which it's not). And … if you are in a different room, your experience may be better, but not significantly better. The major problem is that although there seem to be individual temperature controls in the room, they are evidently for show / decoration as they don't work. The hotel is centrally heated and air-conditioned. My room was so hot as to be uninhabitable. I literally spent 5 hours in the lobby until 2 am, reading, because the room was so hot … and stuffy. My room had a window onto cement -- so opened, no air, only cigarette smoke came in. The doors and walls are thin -- standing at the elevator, I heard a couple making love a significant way down the hall (and they weren't that loud) -- so much for a family hotel. I wouldn't wash my car with the bathroom towels (they're thin and scratchy). The bathtub / shower requires a foot and a half step to get in. The pillows are lumpy. Oh … and while many of the staff are very nice, the manager is an unreasonable man. When I told him that my friend was joining me tomorrow, he wanted to charge me 30 euros extra for the room -- even when I showed him that the difference between the price for one or two people, on-line, was $10 (about 7 euros). I had to get the General Manager involved (who is a reasonable man). It was a moot point, I left after one night even though I had booked for four. Also don't trust blind Expedia bookings -- the rate I got was the same as the internet published rate and the reservation was very inflexible (required hours of talking to Expedia to get it adjusted). So, the location is good. I got a complimentary water bottle and, in general, the staff are nice -- but hardly compensation for a night in hell.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN 1085. (Or probably any of the 85s). They are small. They have no window onto the outs...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

AVIT Holidays...Turkey is our specialty, the World is our passion....
It was the best experience ever.. Location and view are amazing, the street is very safe its suitable for families, you can hang out without being worried from any thing, the rooms and bed are very comfortable and clean and so is the room service..The hotel service is excellent... Concerning the SPA, nothing can tell or describe it correctly unless you go and figure it out..
Really it is an amazing hotel :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and Corner suites are large and sunny...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Hi,,it is the third time of me in this nice hotel
Walking around hotel and and specially across istiklal ave is my great fan in nice istanbul thanks to mr umit ince the kind manager of that group of hotels

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Golden Park Hotel? Share your experiences!