“It's the little things … like heat … that make a big difference” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Park Hotel

You added Golden Park Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lamartin Cad. No 22-24 | Taksim, Istanbul 34437, Turkey (Beyoglu)   |
Ranked #808 of 1,070 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“It's the little things … like heat … that make a big difference”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I usually discount terrible reviews because they usually come down to a personality conflict or someone peevish about an idiosyncratic bad experience. Not this time. This was among the worst hotel nights of my life. Not just because this isn't a four-star hotel (which it's not). And … if you are in a different room, your experience may be better, but not significantly better. The major problem is that although there seem to be individual temperature controls in the room, they are evidently for show / decoration as they don't work. The hotel is centrally heated and air-conditioned. My room was so hot as to be uninhabitable. I literally spent 5 hours in the lobby until 2 am, reading, because the room was so hot … and stuffy. My room had a window onto cement -- so opened, no air, only cigarette smoke came in. The doors and walls are thin -- standing at the elevator, I heard a couple making love a significant way down the hall (and they weren't that loud) -- so much for a family hotel. I wouldn't wash my car with the bathroom towels (they're thin and scratchy). The bathtub / shower requires a foot and a half step to get in. The pillows are lumpy. Oh … and while many of the staff are very nice, the manager is an unreasonable man. When I told him that my friend was joining me tomorrow, he wanted to charge me 30 euros extra for the room -- even when I showed him that the difference between the price for one or two people, on-line, was $10 (about 7 euros). I had to get the General Manager involved (who is a reasonable man). It was a moot point, I left after one night even though I had booked for four. Also don't trust blind Expedia bookings -- the rate I got was the same as the internet published rate and the reservation was very inflexible (required hours of talking to Expedia to get it adjusted). So, the location is good. I got a complimentary water bottle and, in general, the staff are nice -- but hardly compensation for a night in hell.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN 1085. (Or probably any of the 85s). They are small. They have no window onto the outs...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank katthewolf

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

AVIT Holidays...Turkey is our specialty, the World is our passion....
It was the best experience ever.. Location and view are amazing, the street is very safe its suitable for families, you can hang out without being worried from any thing, the rooms and bed are very comfortable and clean and so is the room service..The hotel service is excellent... Concerning the SPA, nothing can tell or describe it correctly unless you go and figure it out..
Really it is an amazing hotel :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and Corner suites are large and sunny...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maryam A
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Hi,,it is the third time of me in this nice hotel
Walking around hotel and and specially across istiklal ave is my great fan in nice istanbul thanks to mr umit ince the kind manager of that group of hotels

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Arash P
Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed in June 2011 for 5 days(4 nights)
We took the breakfast option ( which was obligatory by our private tour) but it was a great breakfast, many varieties everyday..coffee machine, yogurt, fresh orange...
AC and wifi in rooms were a plus..but the pool was too small and cold (June) we only tried it once and for 5 min..
overall it was a pleasant stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Duabi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at golden park for 3 nights, and the only advantage it has, it is in Taksim square and nothing more. we check in on 15th of August 2013 early morning.

once we entered the room we noticed the dusty and dirty carpet and the bath was full of dust and dirt, and the safe box was alo broken, we had to ask for all to be fixed several times.

During our stay, they were not providing any blades or toothbrush and toothpaste.

When we checked out, they followed us on the street saying that we have used the bar (a bottel of water and cola 12 TYL) but we had not, I explained to the front desk manager that and he said that I had to pay regardless, then I ased for the person who made the report and then he said that he made a mistake. and the fron manager said... "you go now it is ok!!!!" no apologies!!!

very disrespectful treatment in total.. Not recommending the hotel at all.. please check for other hotels like La villa, Green Park, Point hotel....

at the time their swimming pool was alo broken..such a big mistake booking at this facility...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank reza m

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days with mutt Family, we had 3 rooms and the service was all the same, being in the 9 th floor was a bonus as we could use the terrace. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was awesome and every thing was ok during our stay. The location of the hotel is a great advantage as you can access the metro in the Taksim square and also walk back from the Istiklal street late at night. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank PersianLeo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ended up staying here for five nights after having problems with my visa when transiting through Turkey en route from England to a third country.

I initially checked in for three nights but ended up staying for five and found the reception staff to be exceptionally helpful when I twice had to check back in again having checked out. I am also very grateful for the help received in making sense of a document that I received from a local Consulate that was in Turkish and Arabic and that I needed to understand in order to resolve my visa issues.

Great location just a two minute walk to Taksim square and what's left of Gezi Park. Also convenient for the Metro and Funicular train. Plenty of shops, bars & restuarants also within walking distance. Protestors were out in force in Taksim square confronted by large numbers of armed police on the Sunday whilst I was there but didn't observe any violence.

OK so the room itself wasn't great what with the mattress that made my back ache, TV remote with dead battery's and instances of the cleaners leaving small bits of paper on the bathroom floor but these are minor details when set against the patience and understanding of the reception staff in helping me with my visa problems. They also looked after my baggage on a couple of occasions. Thank you for all of your help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo