Simply put, this is the best hotel I ever stayed in.
Some of the things I really liked:
- SERVICE. The staff had great recommendations for the rest of our trip (cop sis in Selcuk and the boat tour in Fethiye)
- ROOM. The room did not looked like an hotel room, more like an ultra design mini apartment. Great attention to details all around. The ipod speaker is a great addition.
- BATHROOM. The ceiling multi jets shower was awesome although it makes it harder if you don't want to wet your hair :) The biggest towels I ever seen!
- BREAKFAST. Compared to other reviews, I found the breakfast to be exquisite. Hands down, the best olives I tasted in Turkey. Products are fresh and refined. Brewed coffee is free but you need to pay for expresso, cappucino (those little capsule) & fresh orange juice. BTW, it is clearly written on a board in the breakfast area
- LOCATION. The Beyoglu area is much better at night (eating and drinking) than in Sultanahmet. Located in a quiet spot close to everything. Convenient tram station - 5 minutes walk.
Unfortunately, we didn't stay there when we got back to Istanbul, cause it's fairly expensive but totally worth it if you want to splurge.
- make sure you get the direction (in Turkish) from the hotel for your taxi cab from the airport, ours got lost...
- the restaurant & bars they recommend in Istanbul is pretty much all the high end stuff... so be careful if you're on a tight budget.
- ask for a wake up call on your first night if you're coming from north america... with the nice bed & jet lag... we totally missed breakfast on our first morning (something you don't want to do!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Witt Istanbul Suites has an excellent location within walking distance from Istanbul's business district, Istanbul Modern museum and the buzzing bars and boutiques of both Beyoglu and Cihangir. All 15 suites span a generous 60m2. They are popular for long-stay guests as each has a Carrera marble-clad kitchenette with microwave, fridge and Nespresso machine. The super-cool beds with curved headboards and the laptop desks have been especially designed for Witt Istanbul Suites by Autoban. Sheets and towels were also commissioned from Denizli, a famous purveyor of Turkish linen. Cable TV, an excellent DVD collection, ipod docks and a welcome gift of multi-coloured macaroons are indulgent touches. But it's the bathrooms that make these suites really special. The ergonomic Corian sinks with pebble-shaped handles and the cluster of shower-heads that create a cocoon of misty hot water are all from designer Ross Lovegrove's Istanbul collection from Vitra. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith and Odigeo so you can book your Witt Istanbul Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Witt Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Witt Hotel Istanbul