“Hip designer hotel in trendy neighbourhood - loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Witt Istanbul Suites

You added Witt Istanbul Suites to your Saves list
Witt Istanbul Suites
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Defterdar Yokusu No:26 Cihangir, Beyoglu, Istanbul 34433, Turkey   |
Ranked #11 of 978 Hotels in Istanbul
Brisbane, Australia
“Hip designer hotel in trendy neighbourhood - loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel in the first week of March 2013 and we were not disappointed at all. Prior to our arrival I emailed the hotel to arrange for private airport pick-up etc and all my requests were handled promptly and professionally.

In terms of location, the hotel itself is positioned near the top of a steep hill in the trendy suburb of Beyoglu. Beyoglu is great, not full of tourists, but more a cool locals hang out with lots of neat little bars, restaurants, cafes and shops. The Istanbul Modern Gallery is about a 20 minute walk away on the Bosphorous River, and the old town area Sultanahmet with its beautiful mosques and shopping bazaar is a little further than that. Our room had an amazing view of Istanbul and the Bosphorous River which was even more incredible when lit up at night time.

The fit out and decor of the interior is superb, with fashionable and modern designer furnishings throughout. Staff are great, the guys on the reception desk are very helpful and knowledgeable of the local area, and the breakfast staff are attentive.

If I had to point out any minor areas for improvement (and let me state I'm being very picky here) it would be that whilst very delicious and plentiful, the breakfast buffet variety did not change at all during our 4 day stay and therefore got a little boring towards the last day. Also the adjoining walls between rooms did not appear to have adequate sound proofing, as we could hear our neighbour coming home at 2am, opening doors, etc. But let me stress this barely impacted our stay at all in what is really a fantastic little hotel in cosmopolitan Istanbul. I would most definately stay here again and can confidently recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a wonderful designer hotel to stay in.

Go on, do it! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 61 which had a great view over the Bosphorous River and was facing towards Sultana...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Second visit to the Witt suites and will not be the last. Not the cheapest but you get very well looked after in fantastic surroundings. When you stay make sure you book breakfast in your room at least once.
Staff extremely helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't agree enough with all of the great things that have been said. The hotel is beautify designed and decorated and located in a great neighborhood away from the tourists and full of trendy bars and restaurants. You feel like you're staying in a (very rich) friend's apartment overlooking the city. We loved the place so much we spent a full day just relaxing in our room, reading, overlooking the water, and didn't feel any guilt for not going out. It's that nice. Great breakfast each morning. Perhaps most importantly, they have hired and trained a terrifically friendly, helpful, hipster staff. Staying here was a total pleasure and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I just spent 3 days in Istanbul staying at the Witt and we had a great experience. Our room was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. Like other reviewers, we also really liked the bathroom (heated floor, 8-head shower). Also, we really liked the decor of the hotel- it is thoughtfully decorated and not just a cookie-cutter, could-be-anywhere place. The front desk staff was very helpful with advice, directions, reservations, etc. The breakfast was great, and it was nice to have the choice of having it as a buffet in the lobby or served in our room. While the following was not at all an issue for us, it should be noted that the hotel is on a very steep hill and while you can take taxis everywhere if this is a problem for you, if you are going to take the tram (metro) you will have to negotiate this hill to get to and from the tram. That said, it is not a long walk and we loved the hotel's location off the beaten path- the neighborhood around the hotel is very cool and we enjoyed exploring. It is a welcome respite from the very crowded, more touristy area where you will likely spend most of your time (esp. if this is your first visit). The fact that the hotel has no gym or restaurant were not issues that were important for us during our stay, but should be noted in a thorough review. All in all, we had a great stay and would absolutely stay here again.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel was probably one of the best hotels in Europe for me. The hotel was beautiful, stylish and had spacious bedrooms not to mention the best showers (the floors in the bathroom are heated). I enjoyed the breakfast each day and the help from staff! Anil, in particular was amazing to us as he worked the front desk. But EVERY staff member was polite and helpful to us. They would go out of their way to make our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

Witt is only a 5 minute walk to the trams which were so easy to use and would take only 10 minutes to get you to the main areas. I loved this boutique hotel and would definitely stay here again for when we are back in Istanbul.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Witt. Room was large and comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was tasty (eggs, cheese, olives, walnuts, fruit, cereal, nice juice) and decor is attractive with stylish, modern furniture. I am not giving 5 out of 5 as the toilet seat was uncomfortable and our room was not cleaned when we got back one day although this was done when we asked and we were given a free drink while we waited downstairs. Hotel is in a good location, lots of untouristy bars and restaurants nearby and the tram at the bottom of the hill will take you over to the sites in the old town in 15 mins. Definitely recommended.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have just returned from our visit to Istanbul with a 4 night stay at the Witt Suites and I'm having major withdrawal symptoms!

When you step inside the hotel it's a world away from the streets outside but Istanbul is a city of contrasts. We chose a panoramic suite and had a corner one on the 5th floor. The views were fantastic; taking in the Bosphorus, the mosques & the Galata tower. We were right next to a minaret & could hear the adhan which I really enjoyed (with the doors closed you can barely hear any outside noise). Our suite was wonderful, very spacious with a big comfortable bed, lounge area & kitchenette. The room & the entire hotel were very tastefully decorated & the air con super efficient, keeping our room nice and toasty. My favourite feature of the room had to be the "rain shower" so relaxing!!

The staff were all lovely and eager to help from the moment we arrived & were greeted with a delicious glass of wine. Even if you don't stay here check out their blog which has a wealth of information & helped with my research.

Breakfast comprised of local meats/cheeses & breads with fresh orange juice & eggs cooked to your preferred taste. It was tasty & filing.

I found the location fantastic as there is a T1 line tram stop 5 mins away which serves all the key sights. The bustling nightlife scene of Takism is just a short cheap taxi ride away (£6). Yes the hill that you have walk up/down is a killer, however Istanbul is hilly & at least it helped to burn off some of the calorific food we indulged in.

In terms of transport to & from the airport (Sabiha Gökçen) we took a shuttle bus to the hotel which took approx 50 mins & cost £14 per person & a taxi upon our return for approx £40. Note of warning - traffic is BAD in Istanbul, taxis drivers drive like they are competing in a rally and few have seat belts so hold on!

On our first afternoon we visited the museum of modern art which was really interesting & had a good late lunch there. We then headed over to the Galata Tower for stunning views of the city all lit up at dusk.

Over the next few days we took the tram to Sultanahmet & Beyazit to explore the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, & the Archeological Museum. We visited the Spice Bazaar & the Grand Bazaar where I purchased some ceramic bowls and Turkish delight from Malatya Pazarı (yum yum)

We also did the IDO ferry 6 hour trip to Asia. It was really cheap but there wasn't any commentary (I had a key sights map in my guide book). You end up at Anadolu Kavağı where you can climb Yoros Castle. The views of the palaces along the Bosphorus were amazing as were the views from the castle. However I thought it was unnecessary long stop (3 hours).

In terms of lunches/dinners we experienced the below:

Arabesque - Unlimited alcohol & belly dancer show with loud music & hookah pipes. Authentic as not very touristy, food was good and plenty of it but not amazing.

Mikla - romantic & elegant with lovely views of the city. We went for the set menu (approx £50 pp) with wines to match each course (£18 pp) which was worth it (Turkish Sauvignon is light & fruity). Delicious steak & fish courses. Would definitely recommend.

360 - Buzzy atmosphere with large rooftop terrace. Food was fine for the price but the waiters are rushed off their feet and I would recommend this place for drinking & dancing first & foremost..

Vogue - we had a long boozy lunch here on a lovely sunny day & the views were beautiful. My husband's lobster & truffle risotto was Amazing & my cheesecake was so good I ordered seconds!! Again I would recommend and found it value for money (approx £150 for 2 mains, 3 desserts & 7 glasses of wine).

We also had afternoon tea at the historical Pera Palace Hotel ( where my parents stayed as part of the honeymoon 30 years ago) which had a combination of Turkish & French delicacies & special mention must go to the very sweet pianist!

Don't forget to try Turkish tea and a kebab or kebap either!

This was my first visit to a Muslim country & the noise, traffic & constant horn beeping took a while to get used too. However everyone was very nice & helpful & after a day I too was pushing on the tram (pretty similar to the tube during rush hour) & had acclimatised so well I almost got mowed down as I had filtered out all the beeping, luckily a local moved me out of harms way.

I can't wait to visit again!!

Room Tip: Aim to get room on the higher floors Check out their blog
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Witt Istanbul Suites? Share your experiences!