I work in Afghanistan, so the chance to meet up with my family for a few days was precious time away from chaos and conflict.
Where to stay?
I travel all the time, and am a regular visitor to Istanbul. Good friends working at Robert College in the city advised me that the best choice for us was the Four Seasons Istanbul on the Bosphorus.
The hotel is an experience as much as a place to stay. The terrace along the edge of the Bosphorus is best at dusk with the boat and ferry traffic so close by. The outdoor swimming pool is the finest in the city, and the health club and hammam are places to retreat to on days when the weather turns cold and damp.
Typical of all Four Seasons properties, the staff were extraordinarily professional and committed to meeting our every need. The rooms were superlative...and we especially appreciated the hotel's reflection of Turkish culture and design.
If you need to be where the action is...then perhaps choose the sister property in Sultanahmet. But the Four Seasons on the Bosphorus reminded me of the Cipriani in Venice in its glory days:It's a hotel to be savored.
My only recommendation to the management: the hotel should offer a free of charge boat (something wooden and classic) to shuttle guests from the hotel to Eminou or Kabatas, so that the city's biggest attractions would be easily accessible. Traffic in front of the hotel can trap guests for extended periods...so why not embrace and make use of the Bosphorus in every possible way?
Take a lesson from the Cipriani, which provides a memorable ride on their own very special boat every 30 minutes from Piazza San Marco to the hotel's dock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus. On the European bank of the Bosphorus – which flows through Istanbul’s history and heart – Four Seasons gives a 19th-century palace a fresh, eclectic spirit. Alluring facilities include a chic urban spa. Fine restaurants and pools by the quayside overlook the Asian shore. And all are awash in the light, space and excitement of this water’s-edge location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus
- Four Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
- Four Seasons The Bosphorus
- Istanbul Four Seasons