“Incredible in Istanbul” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 900 hotels in Istanbul
Toronto
“Incredible in Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

From the moment we walked into the air-conditioned, beautiful, marble lobby we felt welcomed. We were immediately given fresh juice, checked in, and taken to our room. The staff was exceptional, making an effort to learn our names, (rare in such a large hotel!) In normal-four-seasons-style, there was a basket of fruit and goodies waiting for us in our room. At the four seasons there was a huge outdoor pool, by the Pool Grill, while also a beautiful marble lap pool indoors. We had a few spa treatments while we were there, which was wonderful. The spa had a hot tub and a selection of different scented steam rooms, which we enjoyed daily.The food at the Pool Grill restaurant was excellent, (we ate there twice for dinner, enjoying lighter fare) We did also enjoy a meal at the fancier restaurant. It was Ramadan, when we dinned at this restaurant, so we enjoyed a typical Turkish, massive, buffet feast; complete with live music. The buffet breakfast was also spectacular, so many options they had, for us to chose from. We had an included breakfast rate, otherwise we would have not wanted to pay $50 a person for such a breakfast selection, when all we really wanted was toast. The grounds were beautifuly landscaped and the view on the Bosphuros was like none other. We stayed in the new part of the hotel, instead of the original palace. If you can do it, the original palace had nicer rooms -- though much more expensive! We had a tour and lunch at the four seasons at Sultanahmet, and we were then much happier that we chose to stay on the water. We had dinner next door at the Kempinski Palace (the hotel we were considering staying at). While we enjoyed the dinner (and would highly reccomend their formal resturant) it actually felt dated and much more commercial than the four seasons. If I ever find myself in Istanbul again, there will be no hesitation on where to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Alexandra H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review and sharing beautiful pictures. You made my day with your comments and I will share them with my team members, especially F&B and Spa as there is no greater motivator than our guests' feedback.

I'm happy to read that we managed to personalize your stay and you went home with nice memories of Four Seasons Bosphorus.

We hope that you find yourself in Istanbul again soon and we have the pleasure of welcoming you back,

Best regards to Toronto,

683 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
saudi arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Location is ok, along the Besphours, but really nothing on the Besphore, I mean it is far from the heart of Istanbul, almost in exclusive area, room size are good, food are average but too expensive, I can say there are several hotels in the same area with lower price and better view

Room Tip: rooms over looking the Besphours
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Al A,

We thank you very much for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus and sharing your valubale comments with us. We appreciate your honest feedback and can assure you that we will look into our pricing strategy on food items to be competitive with area hotels.

Once again, thank you very much and hope to see you in very near future.

idf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having tried the new Shangri La on Bosphorus we quickly moved out ( see other review) to check in once more at Four Seasons on Bosphorus.
Still same perfection in every aspect from attention of staff , smoothness of check in , quality of rooms and magnificent un obstructed view on Bosphorus.

Wonderful pool , nice pool restaurant.

Aqua restaurant is excellent both foodwise , servicewise and offers spectacular view on Bosphorus

Having stayed four times now it is also nice to see the staff knows to remember clients preferences a sign of attention one does not find often

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rktripp,

Thank you very much for your post about your stay in July and for considering Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus as the perfect choice on Bosphorus. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your stay and we make it up to your expectations.

We hope that we see you very soon for your fifth stay,

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel has a lot going for it:
Beautiful grounds and buildings, spacious rooms with gorgeous bathrooms, great food, and a divine swimming pool right by the water, perfect for some R-n-R. Location wise it really depends on what you are looking for. If close proximity to the major sights is a priority then maybe the Four Seasons at the Sultanahmet is a better option ( a lot of traffic makes the commute 45 minutes). Personally though, I found their location to be their greatest asset – outside the tourist trap Sultahmet, in a part of town with great dining options and right by the Bosphorus.
Two downsides: the service, although smiling and friendly, is too slow in the restaurant for a hotel of this caliber. The service appeared somewhat disorganized and it took several minutes on every occasion before we were approached. However, I did address this in their questionnaire and received a thorough response, which gave a good impression. Also I was very pleased with the other aspects of their service, the concierge in particular.
The other downside is the fact that the hotel can get a bit busy, since a lot of other people other than guests come for both meals and functions. This made the ambiance somewhat less serene than I would have desired. Neither of these two aspects in any way ruined our stay though.
All in all this was a very pleasurable stay and I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Istanbul.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FSBosphorus, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Missy2011Oslo_Norway,

Greetings from sunny shores of Bosphorus.

We thank you very much for your sharing your valuable comments with us. Slow service at the pool is not what you expect from a Four Seasons. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and can assure you that we will work on this issue to prevent future glitches.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in general and went home with nice memories of İstanbul.

We hope to see you and your family in very near future.

Sincerely yours,

Nihat Yücel
Hotel Manager
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

What a fantastic hotel. Not just the beauty of the setting the accommodations, but the staff was EXCEPTIONAL! They could not do enough for us. The front desk staff and concierge went out of their way to help us, the room was are elegant and the view fantastic. Everyone we came in contact with treated us like we were guests in their home. Some luxury hotels (and some not so luxury) have staff with a superiority attitude, but everyone we came in contact with at The Four Seasons Bosphorus seemed truly pleased that we were there. We had drinks at the other Four Seasons Hotel near the Blue Mosque. We were able to add the drinks onto our bill at the Bosphorus. Very conveninet & also a beautiful property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FSBosphorus, General Manager at Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear dmswmb,

Thank you very much for your post and for sharing your experience with us.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and went home with nice memories of Four Seasons Hotel Bosphorus. I had goose bumps when I read your comment about our staff being exceptional. Once again, thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future,

Best regards to Orange County,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is spectacular with, I would venture to say, the most spectacular view in town. Location is brilliant too, as you are just off the Bosphorous and walking distance to a lots of restaurants and tourist sites. The rooms are beautiful, clean, spacious. The general condition of the hotel is perfect. What made my stay absolutely outstanding was the staff at the hotel.

I had the misfortune of feeling quite unwell whilst at the hotel, and I was assisted beyond my expectation by concierge. They went out of their way to make sure I spoke to a doctor, had all the medication delivered within half an hour to me, so I was able to make a swift recovery and enjoy my weekend. Irrespective of the particulars, what stood out for me from the staff was the actual empathy, professionalism, friendliness and, most of all, the actual interest in their guest's concerns. There is a difference in my view between performing one's duties and exceeding customer expectation by actually caring about your role. Their enthusiasm to assist us in making our stay more comfortable shone through.

In addition, we had the Hamam private moments treatment, which was spectacular. The staff showed extreme professionalism, care and friendliness. Not only was the treatment brilliant, but I can safely say that I had the best massage I have ever experienced. Two weeks on and I can say she has been more successful in unknotting my tense shoulder than my physiotherapist.

I travel very frequently and although the actions and words of staff in hotels may be similar, the intent, care, proactive engagement and willingness to help are what makes hotel staff stand. They brightened our stay and made us feel at home. I cannot recommend it sufficiently.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Alex100000,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your stay in June.

I'm very happy to read that we took good care of you while you were at Four Seasons Bosphorus and your comments about our staff brightened my day. Please be assured that I'll share your post with my team, especially with Concierge and Spa.

We hope to see you again in very near future,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great hotel and for sure the best place to stay in relation to luxury, location and service. They also have great facilities with a fantastic view of the Bosphorous - try and stay in the Palace section otherwise all other rooms are still great.
A Hamam is a must and recommendations from the concierge are fantastic.

Room Tip: The palace
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus? Share your experiences!