From the moment we walked into the air-conditioned, beautiful, marble lobby we felt welcomed. We were immediately given fresh juice, checked in, and taken to our room. The staff was exceptional, making an effort to learn our names, (rare in such a large hotel!) In normal-four-seasons-style, there was a basket of fruit and goodies waiting for us in our room. At the four seasons there was a huge outdoor pool, by the Pool Grill, while also a beautiful marble lap pool indoors. We had a few spa treatments while we were there, which was wonderful. The spa had a hot tub and a selection of different scented steam rooms, which we enjoyed daily.The food at the Pool Grill restaurant was excellent, (we ate there twice for dinner, enjoying lighter fare) We did also enjoy a meal at the fancier restaurant. It was Ramadan, when we dinned at this restaurant, so we enjoyed a typical Turkish, massive, buffet feast; complete with live music. The buffet breakfast was also spectacular, so many options they had, for us to chose from. We had an included breakfast rate, otherwise we would have not wanted to pay $50 a person for such a breakfast selection, when all we really wanted was toast. The grounds were beautifuly landscaped and the view on the Bosphuros was like none other. We stayed in the new part of the hotel, instead of the original palace. If you can do it, the original palace had nicer rooms -- though much more expensive! We had a tour and lunch at the four seasons at Sultanahmet, and we were then much happier that we chose to stay on the water. We had dinner next door at the Kempinski Palace (the hotel we were considering staying at). While we enjoyed the dinner (and would highly reccomend their formal resturant) it actually felt dated and much more commercial than the four seasons. If I ever find myself in Istanbul again, there will be no hesitation on where to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus. On the European bank of the Bosphorus – which flows through Istanbul’s history and heart – Four Seasons gives a 19th-century palace a fresh, eclectic spirit. Alluring facilities include a chic urban spa. Fine restaurants and pools by the quayside overlook the Asian shore. And all are awash in the light, space and excitement of this water’s-edge location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul
- 4 Seasons Istanbul At The Bosphorus
- Four Seasons The Bosphorus
- Istanbul Four Seasons