“In the heart of Istanbul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I'zaz Lofts

Save Saved
You added I'zaz Lofts to your Saves list
I'zaz Lofts
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Kamerhatun Mah. Balik Sok. No:12 | Beyoglu, Istanbul 34435, Turkey (Beyoğlu)   |
Ranked #10 of 772 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Paris
“In the heart of Istanbul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Very nice place and well located (awesome view at the roof terrasse)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I spent 4 days and nights at I'zaz last month and I can't express how pleased I was. The location was right next to bars and restaurants yet the rooms never felt invaded by the hustle and bustle of its surroundings. The rooms were clean and had every convenience that we could possibly need (the phone was a skype phone!). The beds were so comfy that it was hard to get up in the mornings to explore the city. The best part is the greenhouse terrace area on the top floor fully equipped with a kitchen and comfy sitting area, not to mention a fab view of Istanbul. Not only would I come back to I'zaz, I'd like to move in!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Newcastle/Oxford/London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

Really nice staff, helpful with getting there from airport, really clean, nicely done out, spacious rooms. Particularly enjoyed roof terrace with view out over Istanbul for long breakfasts and relaxing after day's sightseeing. Would strongly recommend. Only slight downside is noise from nearby bar/club during the night, but overall a really great place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Excellent value . The hotel is in a good location, the rooms are spotless, the staff is friendly and courteous. We had a turkish breakfast every morning which set us up for the day. Another bonus is that you can use the washer and dryer anytime. The staff gave us maps, recommendations, directions. We were taken to and from the airport. We highly recommend this for anyone who does not want holiday inn but wants a unique but comfortable experience

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

We (a young couple) stayed at I'zaz in April 2009 for one week. We had the top-floor apartment and made full use of the kitchen while we were there because we used it every morning for breakfast and in some evenings if we had bought food to try. If you like trying local produce and visiting markets, having a well-equipped kitchen is a little luxury. The top-floor apartment was thus ideal for us. We were well aware of the flights of stairs we would have to climb but it didn't bother us as we never went back to I'zaz more than twice in a day, the second time being to sleep!
The apartments are ideally situated in the modern part of Istanbul, just off the main shopping street. It is ideal for those staying more than a few days or those who have been to Istanbul before, the reason being that you will need to travel to see the main historical sights so if time is short you may prefer to be located in Sultanahmet for example. However, this is not out of the way; there are excellent restaurants in the area as well as bars, hammams and other ways of entertaining oneself. It really is an excellent part of town to stay in.
The apartments are very clean with contemporary styling and lots of mod cons that we didn't really use (except for the free wifi) but appreciated all the same. We weren't disturbed by the noise in the street at any time. The staff were helpful, efficient, understanding and polite, especially Elif. The apartments are designed to be non-intrusive so if you need anything, Elif is down in the basement, otherwise you are left to yourself. Indeed, we saw the staff only occasionally and were certainly never disturbed by them. The whole place is spotless, however, and there are lots of touches to show you that people are working "behind the scenes".
In short, if you're looking for an apartment big enough and pleasant enough to relax in after a day's walking, with a good choice of restaurants serving great food at great prices, with a great atmosphere in the street (we had dealings with the barbers too and they were great fun), and good transport connections, I would have no hesitation in recommending I'zaz.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Very clean, tastefully designed, comfortable accommodation centrally located in the Beyoglu / İstiklal district near every kind of restaurant / cafe / bar / club / shopping you can imagine. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. We would have given it 5 stars except for 2 small gripes. 1) the bar across the street was playing loud, atrocious music until 5am all weekend -- however, the fact that there were a new set of earplugs on the night table was definitely a plus 2) the security guard knocking on our door at 12.30am the night before we left asking us to sign the invoice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
rome, italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

We spent 6 days at I'zaz Lofts (loft 3 with the balcony), everything was perfect!
We both absolutely recommend it. Staff nice and helpful!
The room is beautiful and perfectely clean, towel and sheets are very confortable.
It's real pleasure to come back to the hotel after a day of hard tourism in Istanbul!
The area is fantastic, full of restaurants and small places where you can eat very well (for food it's the garden of eden!!).
Old town (grand bazar etc.) is easily reachable with bus (few meters from the hotel).
I recommend the I'zaz Lofts especially for couples or friends who like elegance with no excess.
I'd like to come back to Istanbul and for sure I will come back to the I'zaz!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to I'zaz Lofts? Share your experiences!