We stayed here for 5 nights a couple of weeks back and really enjoyed the experience. We were surprisingly upgraded to a Junior suite which had a lovely balcony and the view of Blue Mosque on one side and the Bosphorous on the other. It was truly amazing. The room was very spacious and nice. Only reason I have not given 5 stars is that there were a couple of things that if taken care of could have made the stay better. Our bathroom was smelling throughout and despite the staff looking at it, there wasn't much of a difference. I guess they are just old buildings! And one of the days we were supposed to catch a 5.30am flight and that was the night when the Day Light savings changed and we had no idea about it and we missed our cab and almost missed the flight as we were 1 hour delayed. I would have really expected the staff to let the guests know about this change happening as many tourists like us wouldn't be aware of it.
I would still go back to this hotel because nothing can beat the location. It is walking distance to Blue mosque and Ayasofia and lots of restaurants nearby. Staff are very kind and friendly too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Byzantium Hotel is within walking distance to Topkapi Palace, St.Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodromme, Underground Cistern, Grand Covered Bazaar and many more historical sights. The terrace restaurant offers a breathtaking panoramic view of Istanbul. You will find a second home in Istanbul with The Byzantium Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Byzantium Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Byzantium Hotel And Suites
- The Byzantium Hotel Istanbul
- Byzantium Hotel Istanbul