“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Byzantium Hotel & Suites

You added The Byzantium Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankurtaran Avenue Akbiyik Street Number: 29 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Ranked #141 of 943 Hotels in Istanbul
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small, clean, well run, helpful, with a great location. Walking distance to central city tourist spots. Employees were very helpful. Rooms not large but adequate for a couple of days stay. Comfortable beds. Good temperature control in the rooms. Good, full breakfast buffet. Several great little restaurants on the street just outside the door. Streets were blocked from Taxi access except at night, so it necessitated a 1 block walk with luggage during the day.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
The Byzantium H, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Kean Buysit!
Thank you for this nice review about our hotel and for the time you spent writing it.
We are very glad that you had a good time in The Byzantium Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It is very important for us to have satisfied guests..

We are waiting for you in our Hotel again, and hope that you will enjoy your stay even more!

Best regards,
Guest Relations Departament
guestrelations@thebyzantiumhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I waste think before I choose,a friend sugessted to me this hotel.I really enjoy.it waste a worm welcome with a glass of wine,like a welcome drink. Enjoy Thé Breakfast with all what offer A open, deliciouse buffe. Enjoy either Thé daily guide from Thé lady in the breakfeast time. My room was with a see from street, but not so noisy. Very clean and very friendly in Thé same time.I deffinittly suggest it to My friends tools.

• Stayed November 2014
The Byzantium H, Guest Relations Manager at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Hen2886
We want to thanks for your review.We are glad that you enjoyed your glass of wine in our restourant in teras.
İt was pleasure to enjoy the city and the history of this city together.we will be waiting again ,with another glass of wine for you.
With hope to see you and host you again
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found this hotel by looking at these comments written on tripadvisor. I m very happy to choose this small but warm boutique hotel, very central and convenient one . Starting from entering to hotel and until you left, the atmosphere surrounds you makes you feeling that you are at home. First when we arrive at hotel A nice receptionist, Sezar welcomed us. We liked the spa room and the other facilities.Even we had no time to use it..next time when we visit, we re thinking to use it. The hotel in general seems very clean and very well organized. They had so much kind of food in their buffet branch. It is actually better than a 5 star hotel with his price and its service quality. In the end, they are asking your feedback, it is very nice and makes you feel that you re precious for them. Many thanks to Nalan Hanım for this short but great experience..

Room Tip: The rooms in upper floor is better choice.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sevil!
Dear guest we want to thanks for your review.
We are glad to hear that you have enjoy your stay ,and our team was very helpful for you.
With the hope to host you again in the future.
Alexandria, VA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Byzantium Hotel was a pleasant surprise. It is located on a street with many excellent restaurants serving healthy Mediterranean cuisine. The major tourist sites (Grand Bazaar, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque) are a ten minute walk as is the modern and easy to use light rail to the waterfront. The staff at the hotel is friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi in the room had a weak signal but it was strong in the lobby. Apparently that was a temporary system-wide problem. The front desk even sent someone with me to check the strength of the router signal on my floor. Impressive! My room (208) was in the back of the hotel and was very quiet. It had a nice view of the water and was removed from street noise. I especially liked the modern heating and air conditioning system with individual controls so I could regulate the temperature in the room. Nice place, nice staff, nice location.

Room Tip: 208 and 209 in the main building are in the back of the hotel and very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest!
we are delight to hear from you again.
We are so sorry to hear tha you have got problems,with WiFi connection.Like we were trying to do a new WiFi system(in way to be more easy for costumer to connect and to not have this kind of problem),we are so sorry again.Please accept our apologies in name of The Byzantium hotel team.
With the hope to host you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed on this Hotel from 21st-25th Nov,and the overall feedback is veeery God. its has been an excellent choice, even though I was concern as I am a Solo traveler, its has gone over my expectations.

- location : when I checked on the internet and said it was on the old city center I wasn't that sure as many hotels says the same, however is indeed at 5 mins walking to the sultanahmed square (where the blue mosque and Haiga Sofia are) 10 mins to the cisterns and the topkapi palace and 15 mins to the tram stop. Also 300-500 Mtrs to the tram station for the Grand Bazar. I don't have "Buts" because you will not need to get en excursion or public transport to go to the main attractions. Which is a plus to save money.

- rooms : I came in low season, so I can't agree or disagree with the feedback of others reg the noise. I was on the lowest level, with no views at all (only to the gym :) ) but thinking that you come here to be OUT of the room and not IN the room was pretty good. large bottle of water is included plus toilet amenities are replaced daily. toilet with bath tub and hair drier. WiFi is available for free on the hotel.

- Breakfast : I suppose like every hotel here will have the Turkish specialities, along with bread, ham, eggs coffee, juices and sweet pastries. I will give 7-8/10.

- Staff: What can I say about the staff. Being a Solo traveler (and being a woman) sometimes is a challenge to deal with excursions and daily situations, however the always so helpful staff was ready to make sure I was comfortable and I had all what I need. I have to give a BIG thank you to Nalan and Dorina, 2 wonderful ladies that at the end became friends of mine. But the whole crew is fantastic. KEEP SMILING PEOPLE!!!!:)

- restaurant on the roof : magnificent views and tasty food, but be ready to pay Hotels Prices.... however the view pays back every single Turkish Lira.

- Spa: I am not a big fan of Spas or beauty treatment, so I can't compare with other experiences. But is cheaper than any other Hamman and I was very impressed by the Foam massage. I will recommend you to give it a try.

If I come back to Istanbul I can tell you I will definitely be back on this Hotel. Such a great experience with great people.

Thanks for making my holiday one of the best!

Laura

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Laura!
İt was really preaty to have you here in our hotel.İt looks that the time has fly,during your stay.
We will miss you and your sweety ,prety smile.
We will be waiting for you in your next visit.
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

We stayed here over a long weekend. Located barely 10 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, this hotel is ideal for many of the key tourist spots. Good area with many restaurants at your doorstep. The hotel is well maintained, the staff are friendly.

Our triple room was smaller than how it was presented on their website, but the room was fine. Clean and reasonably well furnished. Breakfast at the hotel was more than adequate.

The hotel has a very nice roof top restaurant with great views of the Bosphorous. The food was good, especially the squid and the kebabs. We ate there on at least two occasions if not more.

You won't be disappointed staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
NalanOz, Guest Relations Manager at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Happydays1957!
We want to thank you for your choose and for your conlaburation.
We are so sorry fort he first night .We are glad that other days we arrive, to show you our welcome and friendship.Make you feel happy and special.
Will the hope to see you again!
The Byzantium Hotel & Suit
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

My friend and I booked a double room at the Byzantium hotel in Istanbul for 4 nights in November through British Airways holidays. On arrival, there was a mix up with the room so we ended up staying in 3 different rooms throughout our stay (the first night at a nearby hotel) but the sea view on the last 2 nights made up for the inconvenience. We were also offered a free session in the spa and a complimentary transfer to the airport to compensate us. The hotel is in a great location. Only 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, the Agia Sophia and Topkapi Palace. There is a lovely terrace bar, where we had a drink on a couple of evenings with views of all of Istanbul. The breakfast is good and the supplies are replenished regularly. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. What impressed me the most is how clean the hotel was throughout. If you want a hotel in Sultanahmet that is in walking distance from all the sites do check the Byzantium out.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sleepy77!
We want to thank you for choosing us and trust in us .Sometimes happen that things can not go always perfect.Anyway we are glad to hear unless of what has happenin the first day,you gave us the oportunity to show our hospitality and friendship too.
With the hope to host you again in our hotel!
The Byzantium Hotel & Suit

Been to The Byzantium Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!