The Byzantium Hotel was a pleasant surprise. It is located on a street with many excellent restaurants serving healthy Mediterranean cuisine. The major tourist sites (Grand Bazaar, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque) are a ten minute walk as is the modern and easy to use light rail to the waterfront. The staff at the hotel is friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi in the room had a weak signal but it was strong in the lobby. Apparently that was a temporary system-wide problem. The front desk even sent someone with me to check the strength of the router signal on my floor. Impressive! My room (208) was in the back of the hotel and was very quiet. It had a nice view of the water and was removed from street noise. I especially liked the modern heating and air conditioning system with individual controls so I could regulate the temperature in the room. Nice place, nice staff, nice location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Byzantium Hotel is within walking distance to Topkapi Palace, St.Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodromme, Underground Cistern, Grand Covered Bazaar and many more historical sights. The terrace restaurant offers a breathtaking panoramic view of Istanbul. You will find a second home in Istanbul with The Byzantium Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Byzantium Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Byzantium Hotel Istanbul
- The Byzantium Hotel And Suites
- Byzantium Hotel Istanbul