“Convenient to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Byzantium Hotel & Suites

You added The Byzantium Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankurtaran Avenue Akbiyik Street Number: 29 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey (Sultanahmet - Old City)   |
Ranked #138 of 939 Hotels in Istanbul
Alexandria, VA, USA
“Convenient to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Byzantium Hotel was a pleasant surprise. It is located on a street with many excellent restaurants serving healthy Mediterranean cuisine. The major tourist sites (Grand Bazaar, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque) are a ten minute walk as is the modern and easy to use light rail to the waterfront. The staff at the hotel is friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi in the room had a weak signal but it was strong in the lobby. Apparently that was a temporary system-wide problem. The front desk even sent someone with me to check the strength of the router signal on my floor. Impressive! My room (208) was in the back of the hotel and was very quiet. It had a nice view of the water and was removed from street noise. I especially liked the modern heating and air conditioning system with individual controls so I could regulate the temperature in the room. Nice place, nice staff, nice location.

Room Tip: 208 and 209 in the main building are in the back of the hotel and very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed on this Hotel from 21st-25th Nov,and the overall feedback is veeery God. its has been an excellent choice, even though I was concern as I am a Solo traveler, its has gone over my expectations.

- location : when I checked on the internet and said it was on the old city center I wasn't that sure as many hotels says the same, however is indeed at 5 mins walking to the sultanahmed square (where the blue mosque and Haiga Sofia are) 10 mins to the cisterns and the topkapi palace and 15 mins to the tram stop. Also 300-500 Mtrs to the tram station for the Grand Bazar. I don't have "Buts" because you will not need to get en excursion or public transport to go to the main attractions. Which is a plus to save money.

- rooms : I came in low season, so I can't agree or disagree with the feedback of others reg the noise. I was on the lowest level, with no views at all (only to the gym :) ) but thinking that you come here to be OUT of the room and not IN the room was pretty good. large bottle of water is included plus toilet amenities are replaced daily. toilet with bath tub and hair drier. WiFi is available for free on the hotel.

- Breakfast : I suppose like every hotel here will have the Turkish specialities, along with bread, ham, eggs coffee, juices and sweet pastries. I will give 7-8/10.

- Staff: What can I say about the staff. Being a Solo traveler (and being a woman) sometimes is a challenge to deal with excursions and daily situations, however the always so helpful staff was ready to make sure I was comfortable and I had all what I need. I have to give a BIG thank you to Nalan and Dorina, 2 wonderful ladies that at the end became friends of mine. But the whole crew is fantastic. KEEP SMILING PEOPLE!!!!:)

- restaurant on the roof : magnificent views and tasty food, but be ready to pay Hotels Prices.... however the view pays back every single Turkish Lira.

- Spa: I am not a big fan of Spas or beauty treatment, so I can't compare with other experiences. But is cheaper than any other Hamman and I was very impressed by the Foam massage. I will recommend you to give it a try.

If I come back to Istanbul I can tell you I will definitely be back on this Hotel. Such a great experience with great people.

Thanks for making my holiday one of the best!

Laura

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here over a long weekend. Located barely 10 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, this hotel is ideal for many of the key tourist spots. Good area with many restaurants at your doorstep. The hotel is well maintained, the staff are friendly.

Our triple room was smaller than how it was presented on their website, but the room was fine. Clean and reasonably well furnished. Breakfast at the hotel was more than adequate.

The hotel has a very nice roof top restaurant with great views of the Bosphorous. The food was good, especially the squid and the kebabs. We ate there on at least two occasions if not more.

You won't be disappointed staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
NalanOz, Guest Relations Manager at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Happydays1957!
We want to thank you for your choose and for your conlaburation.
We are so sorry fort he first night .We are glad that other days we arrive, to show you our welcome and friendship.Make you feel happy and special.
Will the hope to see you again!
Guest Relation Departament
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friend and I booked a double room at the Byzantium hotel in Istanbul for 4 nights in November through British Airways holidays. On arrival, there was a mix up with the room so we ended up staying in 3 different rooms throughout our stay (the first night at a nearby hotel) but the sea view on the last 2 nights made up for the inconvenience. We were also offered a free session in the spa and a complimentary transfer to the airport to compensate us. The hotel is in a great location. Only 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, the Agia Sophia and Topkapi Palace. There is a lovely terrace bar, where we had a drink on a couple of evenings with views of all of Istanbul. The breakfast is good and the supplies are replenished regularly. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. What impressed me the most is how clean the hotel was throughout. If you want a hotel in Sultanahmet that is in walking distance from all the sites do check the Byzantium out.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sleepy77!
We want to thank you for choosing us and trust in us .Sometimes happen that things can not go always perfect.Anyway we are glad to hear unless of what has happenin the first day,you gave us the oportunity to show our hospitality and friendship too.
With the hope to host you again in our hotel!
Guest Relation Departament
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent hotel in very good location close to all major attractions (Blue Mosque , Agia Sofia , Top Kapi palace).
The room was very comfortable and clean , the breakfast was good and the Hotel Resaturant very nice and the View of the Hotel Restaurant was unique.
The hotel area is very safe and the tourists do not have to afraid of anything .
The people of the hotel were very friendly and ready to help you .

what was make an excellent impression to us was the fact that every day in the breakfast there was an employee of the hotel who was asking to all tourists what was their daily plan giving them the correct instructions how to get there if the museums were closed on that day etc.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
NalanOz, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Thanasis K!
Firstly I want to thanks for choosing our hotel to pass your holiday.

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in our hotel.
We share a god time together and thank you for your atention reguard, our daily guide around İstanbul city.
We are glad that you enjoy it.

We always will be here for you !

For more about your holiday and İstanbul experiense,you can write us:

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had booked a Black Sea cruise departing from Istanbul and our travel company arranged a two night stay at the Byzantium prior to departure. On arrival the staff were friendly and helpful, they could hardly wait to bring our suitcases and hand luggage in. Our room was compact, but nicely decorated and the en-suite was spotless.
We had our evening meal in the hotel's roof top restaurant from where you have views of both the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia Basilica as well as the Bosporus. The food was wholesome, reasonably priced with an emphasis on local cuisine.
I'm certain there is an abundance of good hotels in Istanbul, but the Byzantium has the advantage of being perfectly placed with a multitude of historic sights in walking distance. We would have no hesitation in using the Byzantium as a base for our next visit.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Trevor S!
Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay in our hotel.
We feel delight to read your review.I am glad that you enjoy the İstanbul and the rest !
I want to thank for your valuation reguar the staff help and friendship.
For reservation next time you should mail us directly at the
info@thebyzantiumhotel.com .
We look forward to being your and all your costumers
host again during your next trips to Istanbul !!!

Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good hotel with well organized and very hospitable staff. We had conference here and were fully satisfied with conference-room service. The rooms are very suitable and clean. The cuisine is perfect with a big choice. Special thanks to Deniz for organizing and support! Hope to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ramik G!
We as The Byzantium Hotel Team want to thank you very much for your review .
İt was pelasure to have like a grup.
We are glad that you and your grup enjoy the time with us.
Will be always pleasure to host you and the rest of your grup .
It is a pleasure to see that your arrival and departure process went smooth as well.

We hope you come back and visit us,again, very soon...
The Byzantium Hotel & Suit

Been to The Byzantium Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!