“The hospitality is wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Byzantium Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added The Byzantium Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cankurtaran Avenue Akbiyik Street Number: 29 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34122, Turkey   |
Ranked #130 of 917 hotels in Istanbul
“The hospitality is wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Mr; birol speaking was very interesting(^^)ρ(^^)ノ!!
And When I was tired and was in the lobby, the young boy gave tea and a cookie and was healed very much.
Uncle of the cafe which worked on 30th treated you to Turkish coffee and was kind And Friendly!
To all of you who worked at about 18:00 of 30th with thanks
It was a very wonderful hotel.
The hospitality is wonderful, too

• Stayed August 2014

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I are from the Caribbean (Barbados and Jamaica) but live in Barbados, We arrived at the Byzantium after almost a full 24 hours of travel. We were met in the lobby by the staff including Esra who we had read about and have to say we agree. She is outstanding in her approach to service. She is knowledgeable, had great recommendations and more than anything responded eagerly when asked for assistance. The location is unbeatable and all the wait staff in the restaurant were wonderful. We were invited and encouraged to try local foods with pride and confidence. There is so much I enjoyed but the relaxed atmosphere, great restaurants nearby, and of course proximity to the palace, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Met some lovely ASK ME kids and got them to sing Rihanna's songs. Music is a truly universal language. Great shopping, wonderful dinner show and super people. Lots of great lessons in how to manage a tourism based economy but still keep your culture and integrate the two. I loved the frequent sound of the call to prayer from the Blue Mosque keeping you covered wherever you went. We went to the dinner show and were given the best seats in the house because we were from the Byzantium and were Esra's people we were told. So many memories we have shared with friends and tons of pics. Some say they feel that they have been through us some have added it to their list of far flung places to visit..

Room Tip: We asked for one that was quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a lovely hotel. 5 mins walk from blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The only things that I didn't like was slow wifi and air con not great although I would stay here again. Great choice at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed there 2 days from 20 till 22 July 2014 and we were completely satisfied. The only thing that bothered me was the unacceptable demand in front of all the guests on paying extra 2 euros for my Turkish coffeee I ordered in the breakfast room , from the Maitre. I can accept that this is a hotel's policy but I was embarrassed fby his demand in front of all the guestd ,like I was a theft.
Ersa, the lady who was resposnible for the guests is very friendly and informative but the Albanian lady in the reception desk needs to be more smily and welcoming. All in all, we enjoyed our stay there and we had a wonderful time in Istanbul

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hello

I am MME PEDUSSELLE,

I really want to thank in the name of my husband and me all the staff.
ESRA and BILLO i hope the names are right...
you were very nice with us .
Also the blond girls who let me print out my ticket was very nice.
Breakfast is good .
The location is exellent.
Rooms are a little small but it is ok they are confortable .

Bye

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in The Byzantium Hotel in August 2014 on our first trip to Turkey. Coming from Canada and experiencing other European hotels The Byzantium was spacious! It was clean, well kept, and the staff were friendly. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel as though we were the most important people for the staff to deal with. A hotel we will stay in the next time we are in Istanbul!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Esra Y, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at The Byzantium Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review and it is very nice and important for me to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Such comments motivate us more than anything and show us we are on the right path.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Best regards,
In Behalf Of The Byzantium Hotel&Suites

Esra Yaşar
Guest Relations Manager
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and I have only good words to say. Our room was very well equipped and clean. It was overlooking Bosporus. The staff was friendly and especially the receptionist Dorina was all the time available to give information about the sites. Breakfast was ok but I would prefer more selection of sweets instead. Overall a very good choice given it's central location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view to Bosporus.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest;

It will not only be a pleasure, also an honor for us to host you again at The Byzantium Hotel.

We are overwhelmed by your kind review which flows out straight from your heart. All our staffs join me to thank you for the same.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Best regards,
In Behalf Of The Byzantium Hotel&Suites

Esra Yaşar
Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Byzantium Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!