Sultanahmet. Clean. Toiletries, tea/coffee plentiful; substantial breakfast. Pleasant staff. Great view of Marmara from restaurant right on top, which has excellent food and is open all day (closes at 11 at night). Minibar stocked. within walking distance of Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi, Cistern and tram lines. In spite of Ramazan, the place was quiet, even after Iftar (breaking of fast). Lots of shopping close to the hotel. Carpets etc in main shops and souvenir stalls aplenty in the Hagia Soia-Blue Mosque square. Very safe to travel by train, tram, bus, and taxi, even at midnight. I was a senior citizen travelling alone and was utterly at peace during my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Byzantium Hotel is within walking distance to Topkapi Palace, St.Sophia, Blue Mosque, Hippodromme, Underground Cistern, Grand Covered Bazaar and many more historical sights. The terrace restaurant offers a breathtaking panoramic view of Istanbul. You will find a second home in Istanbul with The Byzantium Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Byzantium Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Byzantium Hotel And Suites
- The Byzantium Hotel Istanbul
- Byzantium Hotel Istanbul