“hard to fınd” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #323 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
thailand
“hard to fınd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

when you get off the ferry turn left and walk through the bus park hotel ıs then opposıte look up for sıgn.kadıkoy ıs a great area,no tourıst crowds and loads of eat and drınk places.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
jozz13
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel in a great location on the Asian side - away from the rip-off tourist areas but close enough and only 5 minutes to get to the ferry across to the key sights on the European side. Travel is cheap too (2tl for ferry, tram & train any distance). Hotel is very clean, comfortable & quiet. Good selection in the buffet breakfast; staff very friendly & helpful. Lots of bars, good inexpensive places to eat & variety of shops etc all close to the hotel. It cost us only 6tl each to get from Ataturk Airport to the hotel with no hassle (by metro, tram & ferry) and was a pleasant journey. Also saw a Havas shuttle going to Sabiha Gokcen airport across the road. Would rather stay in a hotel on this side for sightseeing, than the European side and this hotel was excellent. Highly recommended!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was passing through Istanbul on my way elsewhere and decided to stop for an extended (2 day) layover. A week before my arrival, I attempted to book some of the cheaper and more popular places in Sultanahmet, but was unsuccessful. My Dora is on the Asian side of the Bosporus, and so I didn't have any difficulty making a last-minute reservation.

I would have preferred to be walking distance to the old city, but it turned out very well at My Dora. It's walking distance (~2 minutes) to the ferry, which is super cheap (2 TKL) and easy, and provides nice bookends to a day of walking around the sights on the European side.

The rooms were very comfortable and clean, no complaints at all. Breakfast was simple but filling with plenty of vegetables, olives, cheeses, bread, and tea/coffee.

I highly recommend My Dora Hotel, but if you have to take a taxi from Ataturk Int'l Airport, add another $40 USD to your costs (more if you land one of the unscrupulous ones, as I did).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed here for a few days last summer. checked out few other places in Kadikoy, i definitely think this is the best one. very clean room and friendly service. i love the breakfast in the terrace. definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
MYDORA, Front Office Manager at My Dora Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
As Dora Hotel Family, reading your kind review made all of us very happy. The most motivating thing for us is receiving such nice comments from our guests.
Accepting you also as a member of Dora Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Dora Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We have stayed in a couple of different locations in Istanbul on previous trip and booked 4 nights at this hotel with the intention of moving to a different location for another 4 nights. We ended up staying here for 8 nights. After 7 months of mostly back packing and basic hotels we treated ourselves to a suite here; very comfortable and very clean. Location was excellent, we loved Kadikoy and will definitely stay here again. Ferries are frequent - every 20 minutes - to European side of Istanbul, easy to get ferry to Princes Islands. Staff very welcoming and efficient.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MYDORA, Manager at My Dora Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Bursa, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

The hotel is well-designed, clean and has a great staff. Though it's a small one, has all you would expect from a city hotel, and even more... I strongly reccomend you this hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
MYDORA, Manager at My Dora Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Beautiful hotel with great staff. The room was comfortable and very clean. The hotel has a good location and is only a few minutes walk to the bus terminus and ferry station of Kadikoy where the shuttle buses operate to and where you can take the ferry to the European side. The ferry was very, very easy. Literally a 2-3 minute walk and very simple to use. Ferries are very regular (every 15 mins). Once you get to the European side (Eminonu) it's across the road (via underground walkway) from the tram line to Sultanahmet (the main tourist area). I really enjoyed the daily journey,
It has lots of small restaurants and cafe's from Burger King / MacDonalds to some very nice Fish and Turkish Restaurants such as Ciga.
I leave Istanbul with a very good feeling.

• Stayed July 2011
MYDORA, Manager at My Dora Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Guest ,

Best Wishes from Istanbul

Been to My Dora Hotel? Share your experiences!