“Great location, Excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:71 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey   |
Ranked #26 of 973 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exton, PA
“Great location, Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Umit did a great job while the owner was on his honeymoon. He made sure that we got around town without any issues and we got what we needed in the room. He was very friendly and helpful. When he found out that we were celebrating our anniversary, he surprised us with some wine, cheese and fruits in our room when we got back in our room.

The rooms were clean and they had everything you need, including a dental kit. The porter was very helpful as well.

The hotel is 2 mins walk behind the Blue Mosque and it's very safe to walk around even late in the night. It's surrounded by restaurants and stores. It's very lively.

We'll definitely stay at Best Point next time we're in Istanbul.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

This place has many positives but also several negatives. Overall I would say the place is adequate but not outstanding. The location is great and the service is good. The place is fairly clean, although they only wash the bedlinens and towels every two days if that matters to you.

Fatih, the owner, is very nice but will try to sell you a Bosphorus tour as soon as you arrive. This can be a bit too much after arriving right after a long day of travel. The city map they give you is useless- it is a very zoomed out view of the city. Of course, they have a good map for sale for 3 euros. I think it would be nice if they gave you a map that you can actually use.

The room: The price exceeds the value for the deluxe room. I would recommend an economy room if you stay here. Water was completely shut off in my room twice: once when I wanted to brush my teeth and another time when I wanted to shower before leaving the room. Interestingly it was only shut off for about 15 minutes each time so I did not even bother complaining.

The breakfast: The breakfast has a lot of variety, but that does not mean quality. I arrived one morning at 7:45am (15 minutes after breakfast opening) and the lights were shut off but everything was sitting out. The food was covered in plastic but had condensation. It makes me wonder how long it had already been sitting out. The coffee is stale and barely drinkable. If you want fresh juice, get out your money because not everything at breakfast is free.

• Stayed July 2010
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Dear Guest

Thanks for choose to stay my hotel.Really many thanks.
Dear Guest

Thanks for choose to stay my hotel.Really many thanks.

1-When our guest upon arrival my hotel,me and my partner from desk talk about Istanbul .Because that information ewery time important.Because guest arrive first time Istanbul,they was read many think about Istanbul,they have questions.They would like to learn.Sure i can accept,and i can explain .Because very easier form e.
I can not do in the desk first time.please,give your pass and that one is your room key.That one is not much kindly.3€uros you was wrote about map.That one is not important for me.But if guest they need also buy from outise or from our desk.
Also me or my patners,they can recomended some daily tours,but all think without commision.For example Boat trip from outside65€uros from our desk 45€uros.If i like to sell some think i can also sell rate65€uros.But all thinks without commision.Also we did spoke abut Istanbul first day,also i was recomended some think Istanbul but you didnt book.Your choose sure..But if you will be read our another review about information also for tours,i think so best answer.
--------BJW84 6 contributions Victoria, Canada
Jul 28, 2010 | Trip type: Couples We loved the Best Point Hotel! When we arrived Faith,the manager/owner, met us with a cold beer, Turkish Delights and provided us with an orientation of the hotel and the city, along with suggestions and options for tours etc. No pressure, just really good information

2-For the price about Deluxe Room really best price in the that season.95€uros with jakuzzi,breakfast,free transportation,taxes really best.!!!!
Also Economy room from ground floor we have all room typs.Second time i hope you can decide to stay from Economic Room from ground floor.
And also you was said water problem.We has been do it cleaning from in the tank 15:00 pm afternoon.Because we are do it ewery month. We did closed for 15 minutes.So sorry!!!

3-Our breakfast ewery morning start it 07:30 am untill 10:00am
But if guest dont come the restaurant before to 07:45 am or 08:00 am ,we dont open lights.Because no body in the restaurant,when our first guest come restaurant ewery think is also ready from buffet.!!IWe are open lights.If our buffet still not ready from 07:30 am it’s oke.I can not say any think!

Also for usJUST fresh orange extra.We are charge 2€uros for per glass.But omelette some think all free you know i think so..

Also again many thanks your kindly and best response.You are very kind!!!!

OWNER
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

The staff was friendly, helpful and gracious. The blue mosque suite had a stunning view from my private balcony. There was also a rooftop balcony to relax for breakfast or in the evening. Everyone there made me feel welcome. They offered directions and advice for sightseeing, and at the end of the day I was welcomed back as the door wss opened for me! I will be back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

In this hotel we were received by great welcoming from all staff.They were so freindly,helpful,and treated us in a special way...
The hotel is located in a nice and important area where u are near to the most historical places..
The service is amazing and quick...In a word...everything in the hotel is SPECIAL and COZY...
Dear Mr. Fatih....See you next year for sure:)
Hoda and Hamza (Lebanon)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We've visited Istanbul for the 3rd time and this time was most pleasant visit. since booking for 10 days in the hotel, a ride from the airport was offered and you fell like VIP in that vehicle. Very warm welcoming by the Manager Fatih. Tea and Turkish delight on arrival with recommendation from Fatih where to go and how to spend the 10 days.
The room was clean and well organized. the house keeper cleaned it everyday and each day she was changing the bed sheets and making it looks different every time. It was funny though.
The breakfast was more than great. everything almost there and didn't feel that there was something missing.
From the location of the hotel we managed to go by walking to many places.

The internet was not bad, I managed to do all my stuff and downloading movies and so. it was slow comparing with mine at home but was enough for me there.

Mostly quite but sometimes you can hear when people on stairs but it didn't bother us that much.

Absolutely recommended.

Salah & Inas

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Salah

I hope you was like VIP welcoming.Thanks your best and kind review.Another time,we hope you will be much enjoy stay from our home.

Many thanks for choose to stayed Best Point Hotel.

Owner
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We loved the Best Point Hotel! When we arrived Faith,the manager/owner, met us with a cold beer, Turkish Delights and provided us with an orientation of the hotel and the city, along with suggestions and options for tours etc. No pressure, just really good information. Our room was perfect, on main floor in the back building with easy access to courtyard and street. The room was spacious, deluxe double, with very comfortable king bed, couch and two small chairs...nice to relax in room after a long day of sightseeing! It is in a great location, right in the middle of everything but nice and quiet. Easy walking distance to every major tourist site and lots of options for dinner and drinks. Huge breakfast served in lower level..more than enough and well presented. Staff were fantastic, would do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Our friends were at the Empress Zoe and wished they'd booked with us at Best Point!! Book here for a wonderful stay..you will not be sorry. Best regards to the helpful (and handsome) Faith!! :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Barbara,

Really many many thanks.You are very kind. Your best review good answer for another bad review.

Best Point Hotel your second home from in the Istanbul.

Many thanks.

Take care.

Owner
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

So, I booked this hotel after reading the review on TA and was looking forward to my stay there.
Arrived after a LONG bus ride (12hrs), and were greeted by an extremely friendly gentleman in reception. He talked about the room, and said that the economy room we had booked would be on the ground floor (?) and mumbled something about a problem with the air conditioning, so we would be staying in 'Block B'.
We were taken to 'Block B' which was actually the Angel's Home Hotel round the corner. My suspicion is that they were able to move us to this hotel, and resell our room for a higher price.
The other hotel did not seem anywhere near as clean or modern as the Best Point Hotel, but as we were only staying for a night and were shattered, we did not bother to complain. It was ok, but nothing to write home about.
I could not recommend booking this hotel to anyone else, as you may not actually stay where you are expecting to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Hi Ben

Really, first thanks for choose to stay from Best Point Hotel. Perfect for us!
When did you do it c-in ,we did spoke from desk.Also again thanks for your kind review for me.
I was said,you was book Economy Room from ground floor(from some online booking website)
You can see also from our website room details.Economy rooms from ground or entrance floor.!!
Also i have been problem in the Ecoonmy room for Aircon.I was upgrade to you from my partner hotel from Angels Home just 2 minutes by a walk!!.Also they was give you Standard Room also i didnt charge extra amount!!!
If did you book Suit Room-If i can book for another guest higher price.Sure you can write me poor review.But i didnt do !!!.Sure thats your idea.But not correct please!!!

Again sorry for the problem.But Best Point Hotel ewery time second home for my all guest.!!!

OWNER
Fatih YILDIRIM

Been to Best Point Hotel? Share your experiences!