“A refuge on an incredible journey” 5 of 5 stars

Best Point Hotel
Cankurtaran Mah. Akbiyik Cad. No:71 Sultanahmet, Fatih, Istanbul, Turkey   |
Ranked #24 of 987 Hotels in Istanbul
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“A refuge on an incredible journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I came to Istanbul on a last minute decision to just getaway. So very glad that I did. I heard about Best Point Hotel from two dear friends of mine who went the year prior, they had so many good things to say.
Yeah, like all travels there were a few kinks along the way (like my bag never showed up the whole trip), but Best Point Hotel was wonderful. From the very beginning, the driver waited for 4 hours at the airport to pick me up (as we were delayed and I had get my baggage claim number). When I arrived I was greeted with Muhammat who opened the door for me, Mustafa who offered me tea and baklava, invited me to sit and have a rest. Everything was already set up for me. When I explained that I didn't have my bag, Mustafa took my case number and said that he would be calling to inquire for me (and mind you, Fatih and Gokhan did the same thing for me repeatedly every day).
The room was very clean, smelled good and there were some sweets on the bed. The bathroom was spacious and just as described did have a sizable jacuzzi bathtub and detachable showerhead. The bathroom was very clean, and had everything I could want from dental kit, shoe shiner, etc....just the thing a guy needs when he doesn't have a single thing.
Every day in the morning I was invited for breakfast which was really good, with so much food, various cheeses, salami, olives, omlette, several types of bread, Turkish sweets, nutella, hazelnut buttter, pastries, cereal, coffee, tea, freshly squeezed carrot & orange juice, etc. Great way to start off the morning. And of course I would go upstairs and be greeted once again, asking if there was anything that they could do. Fateh, Mustafa and Gokhan were a wealth of knowledge. They were willing to set me up with any tour, get a taxi, shopping malls, etc.
As I mentioned I only had the clothes on my back, so every two days, Fatih arranged for someone to pick up my clothes at 11p when I got home exhausted from a full day of walking and exploring....and he made sure that my clothes were finished by 4:45a, just because I requested that I would like to make it for fajr salat, bright and early. That says a lot! Allee barack feek.
The location is simply second to none. It is quiet but in the evenings there are plenty of restaurants, there are incredible sites to see not even 5 minutes away, you will be close to the train that can take you to Europa side very easily.....and with cool views along the way.
I could keep on going. I've travelled all over the world but hands down this was one of the best trips I've ever taken. Best Point far exceeded any expectation that I had. I felt like I was part of the family, their sincere service, attention to detail and genuinely welcoming spirit was so much appreciated.
I must thank Fatih, Mustafa, Gokhan, Muhammet, Nusret, Yunus and the others whose face I won't forget, thank you for helping to make a spectacular experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Tareq
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write review on Tripadvisor by submitting your such great impression of our property.

It's alway so nice to hear from great and valuable comments like yours. Your positive comments of your recent stay experience. Your recommedndation will definitely encourage us to continue focusing on guest satisfaction at any time in the future. All related department will be shared with your mentioned comments for sure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further with any inquiries you may have or whether you are considering a future reservation with our hotel, as I would be happy to personally reserve your room for you.

Fatih YILDIRIM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband, adult son and I stayed at Best Point Hotel in March 2013. We were in the 2 bedroom apartment. The entire stay at Best Point was relaxing and comfortable. Fateh and all the staff were so helpful and happy. The airport pick up was very nice and easy. We appreciated being able to book our tours through the hotel -another reason that the whole visit was so easy. We have many friends who would like to visit Istanbul and we will highly recommend Best Point Hotel for a perfect vacation hotel.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom apartment had one room with I believe a queen size bed. The other bedroom had 2 singl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Kathryn

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Familiar hotel very well located. The facilities are incredible and the staff are so familiar that make you think you are at home. Incredible city and incredible place to stay. Highly recommended. Thanks for making our stay such pleasure and congrats!

Room Tip: Hamman room is awesome!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Gonzalo

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We chose this hotel as per tripadvisor recommendations, and checked again that it never fails.
We booked at The Best Point hotel for six nights between last February and March 2013, and it was a fantastic experience.

Since the arrival, having a shuttle service waiting for us in the airport for an afordable price, to check in on reception having lot of information and recommendations on how to start visiting the city, including different options and prices with no particular suggestions on any of them.

The hotel location is just perfect, walking distance from most famous monuments in Istanbul, many restaurants, coffes, metro station to/from International Ataturk airport, shops, rugs, candles and even a hair dresser in the corner!

We took a big room on 3rd floor from we could see the street. Despite of the hotel does not have elevator, we always had the courteous help from all the staff bringing the suitcases all along the stairs to the room. Since we had two different rooms, we had two diferent bathrooms but both of them very confortable: first one included jacuzzi and the second one had hamam turkish bath separated from the main bathroom, really unique experience, highly recommended! The water pressure was perfect as temperature (since it was winter, we needed a hot bath each evening and we had it). Bed was confortable and room temperature was perfect. Led tv worked fine, but we did not use it so much since city has many options to do all day long.

We were just fascinated with the incredible and complete breakfast full of sweet turkish delights including baklava and other traditional exquisite cookies, english and turkish teas, cofffe, free homelets, different delicious cheeses and pork ham, eggs, olives, mermelades, yogurth, granola and assorted dried fruits. All of them on an excellent quality.

We found as a very clever and friendly idea that the hotel offers all day long (and particularly in the evenings) what they call turkish meze including turkish coffe and tea, baklava, some cookies, cheeses, breads, and i was offered Raki too and wine. All of them complementary on daily basis.
I have never had all these options for free on any other hotels, and think it is a intelligent way to make guests being happy on an affordable costs for hotel, congrats Fahit!

Wifi Internet conection was free and there were a laptop in the lobbie to be used at any time.

Fatih and all the hotel crew made as to feel as we were at home. Fatih is alwas trying to help guests on any details, and even organizing trips on diferent places in Turkey.

We recommend this hotel for your next time in Istanbul, and if you go in summer you'll probably enjoy the terrace (we couldn't since it was about 7 C degrees outside).

Thanks Best Point Hotel for such nice experience!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a nicer view to city and Bosphorous, but no elevator, so ask before booking...
Dear Leonardo

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my first trip to Istanbul and it was magical to say the least! Where do I begin..? My favorite person, Fatih (the owner) and his energetic team always provided exceptional service with a vibrant smile. I can't even begin to explain how my family and I felt while staying at our now second home in Istanbul. The Best Point Hotel truly is the best point in Istanbul that will transport you to another world of majestic splendor that only the Ottomans might have had the honor of experiencing! Every morning we woke up dining with an elaborate delicious breakfast buffet on the rooftop terrace while taking in the unforgettable dawn views of the awe-inspiring Blue Mosque while ships sailed by on the Bosphorus. Every detail we requested was fulfilled on demand; I asked Fatih to arrange my daughter's 20th b-day party and he orchestrated a fabulous dinner cruise with a dance party and cake! He arranged for a personal guide to Princes' Island for the whole day! It was fabulous! My daughters and I would walk in the hotel lobby after a long day of sight seeing and sure enough the staff would be waiting for us with fresh baked cookies, a cold glass of water or hot tea on the house! I felt so safe like I was walking into my own home with a staff of 5 people to take care of me! They would even have my 7yr old daughter's favorite Turkish Delight (multi-colored sprinkles) waiting for her in a silver bowl at the reception. So we are coming to Istanbul again this summer to our special home The Best Point Hotel, to be transported back in time and feel like the Ottoman Royals again!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great but try to get one with a view if you don't mind climbing the stairs:)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shakiba

Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at Best Point Hotel during the last 5 days of our Turkey trip in last Dec.

The owner, Fatih takes pride in providing excellent service. The minute we arrived in his hotel, we were welcomed with Turkish Cay and Baklava. Fatih was personally there to welcome us and was all ready with advice and recommendation to places of interest. His other service staff was also friendly and hospitable.

Daily breakfast was provided and was good. Hot drinks and snacks were available for guests' consumption at the lobby all day long.

The hotel is situated in a great location, within walking distance to many of the places of interest. It was also surrounded by many great cafes and restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay at Best Point and will definitely visit it again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TheBestPointHotel, Owner at Best Point Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Sharon
I want to thank you for your review about Best Point on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Will you also as a member of the family Best Point Hotel, we will be happy to welcome you with the same passion at the Best Point when you return to Istanbul.
Sincerely Istanbul
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Best Point Hotel for the last couple days of our Turkey trip. Amazing place: very hospital, the owner is a great guy who works in the hotel himself always keen to give recommendation where to go and what to see. We followed most of them and did not regret it for a second! Hot drinks available all the time was also a great little perk.

Dear Mixa
Sincerely Istanbul
Fatih YILDIRIM

Been to Best Point Hotel? Share your experiences!