“Awesome hospitality:)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kupeli Hotel

You added Kupeli Hotel to your Saves list
Kupeli Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eminsinan Mah.Gedikpasa Hamam Cad. No 4 | Sultanahmet, Istanbul 34400, Turkey   |
Ranked #312 of 980 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Awesome hospitality:)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Thank you to Osgur and the staff for such a welcoming presence on my first visit to Istanbul. You all were so helpful even as I recovered from my jetlag. Thank you for the beautiful breakfast and the stunning rooftop view. The room was so clean and the bed very comfy. Although my first room was very small, I so appreciate the value of the place!!! No where else would I be able to find such a price for a single person with a great, great location. I loved the little shop called Sufi which is down a couple streets. I love, love, love being able to walk to the Blue Mosque. I will be back in a couple months, for sure! Have a great start to summer..from Ms. Tamarah:)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. Slightly more light. Ask for a room with two twin beds or a king...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

nice accomodation rich variety of breakfast,gentle grooms,very helpful receptionists,the room was very clean, agia sofia is very close to the hotel as marmaras sea and also the tram station.the price was cheap according to the service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staff was very helpful and friendly gave us a map and directions. Cafe and small market across from hotel.With in walking distance to Blue Mosque,hagia Sophia and several market squares and grand bazaar. Hotel was very clean,small cozy room with large bathroom with good water pressure. Had a mini fridge with free bottle water, air conditioning with in room controls worked well! We missed the free breakfast on the balcony. The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport it is cheaper than a taxi. We loved Istanbul and had a good time.I love meeting new people and new cultures but you must be very over cautious in Istanbul. Do not let anyone help you with your luggage until you are in the hotel,do not let anyone show you around,Do not let anyone show you their "family rug store" or drink coffee with them ! There are a lot of scams on the streets of Istanbul but if you are careful its no problem.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Every time I travel to a hotel I take in account two or three things, first bathroom and Kupeli has a nice size bathroom with a nice pressure shower, so if you are tired to walk thru Estambul you can ask for the room 102 where will be a place to rest..Second, service, in this point Kupeli has 2 0k and one no so good. I arrive from Konya at 830 am I ask to my hotel in Konya to please call them to ask if I can have a room at that time to take a shower at Istambul and not in Konya (4.00am) they say don't, but when I arrive they send me to a triple room just to give me service, That I appreciate, they also arrange my taxi and give a call at 230 am next day to take my to the airport and this ok too, but when I ask the directions to go the hard rock cafe…they just say "take a taxi" and because the bad taste experiences with taxis a denied, the person say just take the tramm go the last station and then ask there how to get…also a few hours later when I ask for my account they say just "at this time nobody can help you" so still opportunities for improve

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Excellent Location- blue mosque, hagia Sophia and tram station 5 mins away. Clean Rooms. Nice clean hotel. Friendly Staff- extremely helpful with directions and transportation services.
Just need variety in Breakfast. Nice view.

• Stayed April 2014
Ploiesti, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Even if I was for the first time in Istanbul, we was encountered friendly by the staff, specially we were impressed by Ozgur which told us about all the attractions of Istanbul and gave us best advice.
The breakfast was very good four our taste and the room was very clean. Maybe because we were for the first time in Istanbul they gave us their best room.
The hotel is not far from all the attractions, you can just walk.
On my next vacation I will chose Kupeli Hotel again for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I truly enjoyed this hotel.

My experience started a bit shaky as the cab driver could not locate this place. However, once we arrived we were central to all tourist hotspots!

Rooms: Mediocre - I'm not a fan of red linens. But overall it was clean which is the most important. Walls are a bit paperthin.

Staff: Great! They let us hold our luggage when we checked out and left for Cappadocia. They even gave us tea and let us hang out in the lobby as we waited to leave. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Kupeli Hotel? Share your experiences!