“Hotel was at the heart of Istanbul City!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pera Tulip Hotel

You added Pera Tulip Hotel to your Saves list
Pera Tulip Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mesrutiyet Caddesi No 103 Tepebasi | Beyoglu, Istanbul 34430, Turkey   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #511 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Nottingham
“Hotel was at the heart of Istanbul City!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My family and I stayed at Pera Tulip for 6 nights. The hotel staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast selection was reasonable and the kitchen staff had warm hospitality. Overall the room sizes were standard but it accommodated everthing you needed e.g. AC, TV, minibar. Also you were entertained in the bathroom with a small TV attached. The decoration was modern clean and had a gothic theme.The manager Abdullah was always willing to help because he arranged us to plan two day tours visiting Istanbul with Plan Tours. There was one day in the week which we had nothing planned for but despite being busy with three hotels to manage. Abdullah helped us to visit Ortakoy Pier which was overlooking Asia from Europe. The views were stunning and also we visited the Cevahir Shopping Mall which was grand!! They had over 224 stalls and six floors. If I plan Istanbul again in the future I will book again with this hotel. All staff were helpful and made our stay memorable in Istanbul.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Pera Tulip Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Tulip City Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I think someone here wrote "faded glory", I remember, it was kind of true. It looks like it was very chic and trendy when it first opened, but now parts of the interior are a bit run down, like carpet in the hallway, and the spa/swimming pool (rusty parts and a bit of grimy feel to the spa area). But overall the rooms are clean and the one I stayed in was large. I think the best part was the breakfast. It was very good. good variety and service.
Anyway, it's not easy to find a hotel with swimming pool in this part of town, which I like the best, since it's near all the action for going out and shopping. If you're there to see the city life, this location is perfect.

Room Tip: i think the room I had was double room with a double bed. 20 square meters. the bathroom's smal...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sir/ Madame,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the...I was delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
We truly appreciate your positive feedback

Middelburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Reception was great! (pickup at airport arranged via hotel) We really felt very welcome. Though the rooms were not the largest we were ever in, it had everything we needed, from nespresso to minibar, from toiletries to A/C. Staff was really helpfull and friendly though not all very fluent in English. The hotel is really at the best location in Istanbul. We were at the 6th floor at the balcony suite, very clean and quiet. Small SPA and fitness were suitable, breakfast not particularly impressive.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Tulip and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

Our hotel is very centralized and near to all historic and modern places to visit.

We would like to accommodate you in our lovely hotel for your next visit to Istanbul.

Thank you so much for your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel is difficult to find, with little signage, tucked between several
other hotels, in a street with many hotels with similar-sounding names. The rooms vary in size, but the smallest is pretty small -- a bed a desk and a bit of floor space. It has the basic amenities, including wifi
(yes, a bit slow, particularly dubious for skyping, but I have experienced the
same problems all over istanbul, including at 5-star hotels). There is an indoor pool, but it was closed every day I was there; also a small gym and a few other spa-related things (sauna) that I didn't test.

Most things about the hotel were standard, with a couple exceptions. First, the location is great: Walking distance to Taksim, close to the main pedestrian street, and even closer to a small set of alleys filled with restaurants and bars. Yet still very quiet.
Secondly, the service was fantastic. I had all sorts of trouble during my stay -- none of
the problems were caused
by this hotel, yet the staff took the time to solve them for me. E.g. in one case they spent a half-hour rescuing me when I lost my passport in the neighborhood. Who knows if you will need this kind of service, but to me it's worthwhile to go to a place that offers it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Pera Tulip Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Tulip Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The room size is the usual for a 4-star hotel in Istanbul, which means, small; the bathroom placement is also peculiar, and the overall quality reasonable.
Internet access exists, but speed is laughable (which means most sites can't even load).
Restaurant is nice, but without many options; food quality is acceptable.
Most staff has a hard time speaking english, with the exception of the people in the reception, which are able to manage the basic conversation.
Personally I do not recommend the hotel for business use, as it is located nearby the touristic part of Istanbul, and the noise is present 24/7, although it does have a metro station about 150 meters away; I do believe it can be a good choice for people wanting to know the city, and live the night life, but not having to wake up early in the morning to do business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had a voice problem from surrounding restaurants during your stay.

Our hotel is at the city center and most of the guests like the area near to lively Taksim.

Can you please send us e-mail and we will be glad to give you a room from quiet part of the hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Hotel was nice. At first sight, gives you a very positive impression. Location is excellent. 5 mins from Istiklal, very close to the train station and Galata Tower too is walking distance. For the price you pay, you think its a good deal only to realize the standard room is matchbox size with either a really small double bed (say 4.5ft x 6ft) or 2 really small twin beds. The entire room along with bathroom would be less than 10 x 10 sq. ft. For most of the rooms, you enter through the bathroom with basin on one side and shower and toilet section in the other. Weird isn't it!!! But the room interiors and amenities are of high standard and look posh.
The air conditioning could be an issue so check that first when you check-in. some of the rooms there was no cooling and the receptionist and technician stated that half the rooms that was the maximum it would cool which was very warm actually. We changed 3 rooms till finally got one where the air conditioning worked fine. Maybe they should price the standard rooms lower than their current price.
Overall i liked the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book the Standard Room. Go for the next category room instead
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had a problem with room size. We are at the city center, so some of our rooms can be small but If you can send me e-mail one week prior your arrival I can pre bloke your rooms for your next visit.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

fom@peratulip.com
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Certainly not the best hotel I have stayed in. The standard room is tiny. We only had a backpack and small suitcase but if we had had our two large suitcases im not sure we could have fit them and us in the room.
Not sure if the bed was even a double size, it could very well have been a king single. Stayed with my husband and although we are by no means big people, I nearly rolled off the bed during the night because it just wasnt big enough for the two of us. It was also extremely hard and had cigarette burns in the quilt cover.
Location is ok but if you are looking at spending most of your time in the old town, be prepared to walk back up the hill to your hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had problem with room size. Can you please send me e-mail one week prior to your arrival and I will pre bloke your room.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.

Front Office Manager

Been to Pera Tulip Hotel? Share your experiences!