“I just can say that my wife and i had a wonderful stay in this hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gezi Hotel Bosphorus

You added Gezi Hotel Bosphorus to your Saves list
Gezi Hotel Bosphorus
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mete Cad. No 34 | Taksim Square, Istanbul 34437, Turkey   |
Ranked #146 of 979 Hotels in Istanbul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“I just can say that my wife and i had a wonderful stay in this hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

hotel is located i a good area. We had a dubble room in 2 floors . It was a fantastic room with great view. bed was the best and services were so so satisfactory. people of the hotel are so nice and kind and polite.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Fairly well located near Taksim. rooms were "design" influcenced, but definitely nothing to write home about. Not sure why they are part of the Design Hotels group. Room I had (801) was woefully inadequate for workign at a desk and fairly small. Lighting fiztures do not connect, meaning you have to walk around and find which switch controls what. Also, the bedroom/desk area is very underlit... hard to work in. Window should have a sheer cover, not just a black-out, so you can have light, but not be watched on by passersby. Service was very friendly and attentive, pretty flawless actually. However, F&B is very average. They need more of a cool bar scene, which they do not. Food was also very average. I didn;t want "Mediterranean", so opted for miore turkish style... but they had no flat bread (even though they made an effort to toast ciabatta).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Note: The following review was based on a trip to Istanbul during April of 2012.

I looked up GHB on Trip Advisor after HOURS of research and numerous phone calls to helpful people in Istanbul. Apart from the fact that the rate proved to be perfect where our budget was concerned, I was EXTREMELY impressed with the excellent reviews, photos (which I cross-referenced with Booking.Com and the hotel's own website) and -MOST IMPORTANTLY- the fact that each and every review was followed up by a comment from the GHB's management! So I immediately thought "now there is a hotel that leaves nothing to chance" ... PERFECT!

My opinion was further validated when I received an email from Ms. Dilhan Gokman (Director of Guest Relations) welcoming us in advance and assuring me of her willingness to help in planning our daily activities. Her prompt replies to my e-mail inquiries with regards the best restaurants and sights was extremely gratifying!

We had asked for an airport pickup , which turned out to be a comfortable, branded, spacious van driven by Yashir (A very nice and professional gentleman who went out of his way to direct us to the nicest places).

Our reception at the hotel was nothing short of welcoming! We were each presented with a small silver tray bearing a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice, a delicious piece of dark chocolate and 30% discount vouchers for facial treatments at the hotel's Silver Spa. WOW!

The hotel itself is GORGEOUSLY MODERN and beautifully laid out! The bathroom is superb with an AMAZING power shower and Molton Brown amenities. (God I miss this shower!)

The ONLY negative feedback which I immediately relayed to Ms. Gokman was the housekeeping! I've stayed in many hotels and I'm quite OCD where cleanliness is concerned! Yet, OCD or not … the professionalism of the housekeeping was an issue. I should point out that the rooms were NOT filthy! But they were definitely not conscientiously made up. Yet, it was obvious that it was more of a discrepancy in the cleaning individual's training and experience rather than a hotel policy.

My comments were immediately rewarded with a more experienced cleaner handling our rooms and a sincere apology from management. I suspect that things will be sorted out after having had this issue pointed out.

Do go to this hotel ... it really made our stay in Istanbul a memorable one! We had a choice between a Bosphorus view and a national park view ... we took the latter and absolutely loved it!

This hotel is a winner and I look forward to staying there again!

Many Thanks to Ms. Gokman, Yashir and the rest of the staff!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

A small gem perched on hill top with excellent views.
Our corner room provided panoramic view of the Bosphorus plus Gezi park on the other side. Good clean room with excellent bathroom. Turkish hammam, spa and gym facilities are superb. My wife chose to spend two full mornings at the spa and Turkish baths instead of sightseeing. Staff was friendly and helpful and provided good service and advice. As a boutique hotel I would recommend it for its facilities, service and superb location, being few minutes walk from Taksim square from where you can take all kinds of transportation to visit/view Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The view from our room was fabulous, looking out onto the Bosphorus. The food was good but nothing great. The room was well decorated but it was disappointing to find no kettle so we couldn't make our own tea or coffee and it was expensive to keep ordering room service when we needed a hot cuppa. The reception staff was very businesslike, not particularly warm, but they were very helpful - we got stuck on the hotel on May 1 with the Taksim Square Parade, and they helped us get to a cab by sending a porter to walk down the hill with us till we got a cab.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel's location is absolutely magnificent...its 3 minutes walk from Taksim square, next to Gezi park and half of the rooms are Bosphorus view. Rooms are a bit small but who would stay in the room in Istanbul?! :) Main restaurant is small yet with a nice variety of food during breakfast. Their spa is amazing especially their Turk Hammam and reasonable price as well for a 5 star hotel. Apart from the from desk staff whom were a inflexible at all levels and not so friendly to be frank however the rest of the staff (concierge, spa, Bell captain and restaurant) were very nice and helpful. For me the overall experience was great!

Room Tip: Bosphorus view rooms are amazing but they will always tell u not available because the hotel is full...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Gezi Hotel in August while celebrating a 50 birthday for my husband. We had the garden suite room which we loved and found very relaxing sitting outside with a cocktail after a long day of sightseeing. The hotel is lovely and the staff are all amazing. As a
surprise for my husband they presented him with a beautiful cake and sang happy birthday. All good things about this hotel in my opinion.

Thank you to everyone at the Gezi we had a great time.

Room Tip: I'm sure the spa is wonderful we just didn't have time to use it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gezi Hotel Bosphorus? Share your experiences!