“Very smart and comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Tashkent

You added Wyndham Tashkent to your Saves list
Wyndham Tashkent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Amir Temur Street C 4, No 7/8, Tashkent 700000, Uzbekistan (Formerly Hotel Dedeman Silk Road Tashkent)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Tashkent
“Very smart and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

On business in Tashkent and put up at this hotel, as it seemed was everyone else as there were a lot of westerners. Nice comfortable rooms of a fair size with good facilities. Wifi a little slow but what do you expect, it did work more often than not and there is Ethernet in the rooms as well, although that could be slow as well so don't expect to download any films or anything like that. They have a Turkish chef (it's a Turkish chain) and he was good. Eating in the bar area was ok if a little expensive for Uzbekistan and in addition to the food the ambience was ok, in fact they had good live music the two nights we were there. Staff pleasant, cheerful, and helpful. Not far from centre of city and the business centre. Would use it again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
123456Tashkent, Manager at Wyndham Tashkent, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Sir,
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Silk Road Tashkent Hotel.
We do appreciate your positive feedback and we continue to thrive to improve our standard of service at all times.
Your comments have been shared with our Team members accordingly and we are looking forward to Welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I arrived at this hotel about 3.30pm, and it was like my presence shocked them, they said that they weren't expecting me so soon, and I asked when check in was and was told 3pm, so I didn't really understand why my room wasn't ready. Therefore check in took ages, and I was on a rush as i had a meeting at 4.30pm. I was taken to my room, which hadn't been cleaned, which then took more time to get me in another room. And the rooms themselves are I'd say 2 star and I don't adhere to the "western standard" line, as you can stay in 4 star hotels in UK/US and think they are nothing more than 2 star, and that's what I feel about this place.

The shower is absolutely terrible, one of the worst I've had the misfortune of using, and it causes the bathroom floor to flood. The breakfast was average, the fruit was just out in the middle of the room, not in a fridge or over ice, so served at room temperature. Bed was average. The lifts in the hotel took ages, which is strange considering they have 3 of them. Check in took ages, they also charge for using the water that is in the fridge which is exactly the same as the water on the desk, I would have loved to argue that point more for my own satisfaction but as check out was taking so long I had to let that slide.

If I come back to Tashkent, I seriously doubt I would stay in this hotel again, as apart from one bell boy who was very good, the hotel didn't even have good service as a redeeming feature.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
123456Tashkent, General Manager at Wyndham Tashkent, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Jigsinsy,
We would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Silk Road Tashkent.
We are extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay and we can assure you that the matter has been thoroughly investigated and will not re-occur.
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the our Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Once again, thank you very much for bringing your dissatisfaction with the levels of service to our attention.

Newtown, Powys
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

It is not a 4 star hotel by international standards - but it's a good three and a half! Rooms are clean and the public spaces are very pleasant. Note that standard rooms are called "superior" and are on the small side. We booked a superior with garden view (i.e quieter and at the back) however on check-in we discovered that only deluxe rooms face the back. Staff immediately upgraded us and so we had a large, comfortable room.
Lots of tours groups use the hotel and that can slwe check-out - ours took 30 minutes.
Good buffet breakfast, but on one morning overloaded with groups and not enough tables.
Close to the city centre, but the immediate area is short of decent restaurants.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room if the price is right.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. David,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Silk Road Tashkent Hotel.

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Came with low expectations, so we weren't disappointed. Nice and clean room. Wifi worked
well!!!! Nice variety at breakfast buffet, especially fruits. Centrally located and friendly staff.
Walked 30 minutes to restaurant which was surprisingly good: Siesta where we had excellent
filet mignon. Our best meal during our 11 day trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Liliane,
Durham, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

In brief the rooms are clean but getting dated. Some staff really excel in their friendly approach and service - but some staff clearly dont care.
Best point of the hotel is its location, but you have to pay a premium for that.
I did write to the hotel to give my observations - but that was ignored.
One minor thing:-
On one occasion the cleaning staff did not renew the bathroom amenities
One major thing - Breakfast
The hot food in stainless steel containers was not hot, not even warm. If I really wanted hot food I had to wait in a queue to have it cooked to order.
The selection of hot food was less than usual and 2 of the containers were empty. The scrambled egg was very watery and subsequently quite cold.
The plates stacked in the server at the end were cold.
One morning I had got some food, left my table to get some bread, and in the short time it took to get back to my table it had been cleared, plate gone, cutlery gone, glass gone.
The same morning I had not been offered any tea or coffee and had to ask for it myself.
Another morning again I was not offered any tea or coffee, and when I asked for coffee the staff member apologised and went to get me coffee – but never returned.
One morning I decided to eat breakfast elsewhere entirely.

Observations:-
On the whole the staff are very polite, which is what you would expect of any hotel. Some however were quite engaging, willing to go beyond “hello”, and that makes a difference. In particular the reception staff and most of the bar/restaurant staff.
One evening in the bar/restaurant I did notice however the new F&B manager walking around the restaurant but never spoke to any customers at all – whereas the General Manager did nod and smile at every customer he passed when he walked through.

It is disappointing that as a regular visitor to Tashkent (I visit once a month) the corporate rates we were offered were less favourable than can be booked on the Dedeman website. Last month I stayed in Tashkent for 2 weeks, but the offer from this hotel was way more expensive than many many other hotels of a similar star rating.

Room Tip: Check the hotel webiste for rates, dont book directly!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dedeman S, Manager at Wyndham Tashkent, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Dedeman Hotel on your visit to Tashkent.

We had the chance of reading your comments in your e-mail message dated September 21, 2013 which was sent to our attention. We wanted to investigate all details about your points you have mentioned in the mail to be able to give you complete correct feedback. Therefore, our answer took a little long time to reply and we are sorry for that.

Your comments have been shared with all the related teams

All of the points you have mentioned are crucial for us as hoteliers and we do not wish to create reasons to hide behind them which you may have already received from many other professionals.

We would like to assure you that we will do our best to have you and all other guests to accommodate here at Dedeman the best possible way.
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very well located in Tashkent, 2 min from the underground and 10 min from Mustaqiliq square.
The rooms are nice and clean, with good WiFi and satellite TV.
Beware of the coffee and sandwich you can order in the atrium, prices are at London levels!
Breakfast is unremarkable. The hotel has an official bureau de change, quite useful to get an official change slip before changing money on the black market.

• Stayed September 2013
Dedeman S, Manager at Wyndham Tashkent, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We would like to have this opportunity to thank you for sharing with your impressions about our Hotel.
Every your action, in filling out our comments form, every your suggestion will be taken in order to increase our service level.

Look forward to welcome you back in our Hotel,

Best Regards,
Hotel Management
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was there 3 times as I go to Tashkent to meet my girlfriend several times in the year, hotel, staff, location are quite ok, I've been wondering why they don't put a nice european restaurant in the premises, perhaps Italian, it would be successful if they manage to serve real Italian food , I eat Italian when abroad, from the hotel I always had to go out to a free standing Italian restaurant in town. My girlfriend thinks the same too. Anyway keep it up , good hotel indeed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Every your action, in filling out our comments form, every your suggestion will be taken in order to increase our service.

We look forward to serve you again,

Best regards,
Hotel Management

Been to Wyndham Tashkent? Share your experiences!