I went to Tashkent on a business trip and my review is from the point of view of a business traveller.
Location: The hotel is ideally located in the central district, not very far from the areas of interest. There is a lake on the back side of the hotel which has a very good view from the bar and the facing rooms.
Arrival and Check-in: there are security guards when you enter the hotel campus and they check your car properly. Once you reach the entrance of the hotel, again you have security guards but they are least bothered about checking you. Though they have metal detectors installed at the entrance, but the security guys are least bothered about the bags you are carrying etc. Anyway, once you get in into the lobby, you will see some more security guys observing you very keenly - but very polite and they will aways wish you!!
Check-in staff is very efficient. I would specially like to mention the name of Ms Zamira, who was very helpful in completing the checkin formalities. The manager on duty was also very polite and helpful.
Rooms:I request for a LAKE VIEW room and was allocated one! Quickly I was in my room and was happy to see the ambience of the room. King size bed, one sofa, working table, good bathroom, nice pillows. In short the room was very good. The view of the FROZEN lake was also very good.
Restaurants: they have 2 -3 restaurants. I just had breakfast. The breakfast was good, with good service. They also had the option of "healthy breakfast". Nothing great about the spread and varieties presented. Being a 5 star hotel, I had expected more varieties in the spread. However, the good service compensated for it.
WIFI internet in the lobby areas is free whereas if you use internet in the room, you need to pay for it.
The hotel is good with lots of plus points, however, I would like to highlight few minus points which might help fellow travelers:
1. They do not have any convenience store to buy water, beer, eatables. You need to get them from outside. I had a bad experience here. They provide 2 small water bottles complimentary per day. During my stay, one of the days the housekeeping forgot to keep the complimentary bottles, so I called them to send the bottles. Well, I was told by house keeping, very curtly, that as per their records the bottles we kept in my room and therefore they cannot provide any complementary bottles. However, after insisting, they did deliver two bottles to my room, but with a smug face. Well, this is least expected in InterContinental.
2. Though the reception and restaurant staff are very courteous and nice, room service and laundry staff do not seem to greet you when you call them. Usually it was me who used to greet them with Good morning, good evening, etc. I think that they really need to re-work on their house keeping systems as there were lots of other minor incidents which are not expected in a 5 start hotel.
3. I found the bar and restaurants to be pretty expensive.
All in all, since there is no choice of any other 5 start property, this is the only option. But, I feel that a lot needs to be changed to get value for the money.
if anyone needs any further information, please feel free to write to me.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your International Hotel Tashkent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Tashkent Hotel Tashkent
- Inter Continental Hotel Tashkent
- Inter-Continental Tashkent
- Tashkent Inter-Continental