“warmth and professionalism” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Colombo
New Delhi, India
“warmth and professionalism”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed with a friend at CC for two nights in August 2011. The hotel is state of the art, but at the same time, employs the "human" warmth that is necessary while travelling. We were impressed by the courtesy and friendliness of the staff (thank you, Dan!) and the overall high standard of functioning in this establishment. Coming from India, where luxury hotels are common but efficiency tends to run low, I can only recommend CC - and very highly.
Cheers to all at CC and thank you again!
Selina Sheth (New Delhi) & Anil Sharma (Mumbai)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your stay at CASA Colombo. We are very happy that you had a relaxing and memorable stay with us, and hope that you will visit us again very soon for a unique “CASA Colombo experience”!

CASA Colombo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is a truly beautiful hotel which blends old and new with amazing design, top class service and luxury touches throughout. The pool and public areas are immaculate and eye-catching, while the suites are beyond impressive.

The food in the hotel was delicious - we had lunch around the pool (best calamari I've ever eaten) and breakfast on their stunning outdoor terrace, and both meals were exceptional.

The staff were attentive, friendly and helpful with a personal service that you can only really get staying in such a small, boutique hotel.

A highlight of our stay in Sri Lanka, I can't recommend this wonderful hotel highly enough.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
It was a great pleasure to the entire CASA Colombo team to read your review of your stay with us. We are very happy that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay at CASA Colombo, and that we were able to extend to you a service that was personal, and yet met all your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you again, to enjoy the unique “CASA Colombo experience”!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I've been to Sri Lanka for my business trip for many times in past few years. By accident I saw the website of Casa Colombo Hotel. Different from normal hotel buildings, the house style of Casa Colombo immediately gained my attention. I like old things, this hotel accommodated into a more than 200 years old building is surely the first factor making me to decide to stay there in my Jul visit.

The moment I checked into my Traveller's Suite of Casa, I was so happy this time my choice was absolutely correct. The unique artistic design of the room, the surprisingly spacious size & layout of the room with 2 floors ( never seen in other hotels I ever stayed in my various trips), the superb Hi Fi system, all made me fall in love with the room right away.

More special about this hotel is that they have a domo ( your personal butler ) who's assigned to take care of your daily needs at the hotel at any time. So I had someone like my personal assistant catering to my food from morning to night, caring about my schedule everyday, always keeping my taxi ready for my meetings around Colombo, helping me with my heavy bags, sharing with me the country information and any other small small requirement whenever I had.

The entire hotel environment and the detailed care I got from the domo as well as other staffs made me feel like I was living at my home, and I felt so leisured by facing all the hotel people around me, they're just like my family members, my domo Kumara is just like my brother, always with a sunny smile. When I came back from meetings, when seeing his greeting smiles all my stress was gone.

To me, Casa is just my home out of my home. The fantastic experience I had in this hotel is unforgettable ever, both their hardware and software are truly marvelous. The feeling is really unique.

For any of my future visit to Sri Lanka, Casa Colombo will always be my first choice after my July 2011 stay. I'd like to send my warmest thanks to all staffs in the hotel, especially my domo Mr. Kumara for leaving me such a wonderful memory among my various travels out of China.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
It was wonderful to read you review of your stay at CASA Colombo, and a great pleasure to us all that you had an enjoyable, relaxing and memorable time while at CASA Colombo. Your very kind comments will be shared with our entire Team, especially Kumara.

We too are looking forward to your next visit with us, and we are so very happy that you consider CASA Colombo to be your “home away from home” in beautiful Sri Lanka.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is a wildly creative boutique hotel with fantastic food and amazing service. Dan, the GM helped me plan and enjoy my time in Colombo as well as the rest of my trip around Sri Lanka.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
It was a great pleasure reading your review of your stay at CASA Colombo, and we are glad that you found what we had to offer you beyond your expectations.

We hope that you will visit us again very soon – a unique “CASA Experience” awaits you every time you visit us!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

As a lone female traveller staying in Sri Lanka at various guest houses and even in a hut for 10 days with no walls in the jungle, I thought booking into a couple of 5 star hotels in Colombo would be the perfect way to end my trip and relax in style.
I think you assume a certain standard and safety when paying such money and the given surroundings. How wrong you can be! When I arrived, I was given a warm welcome and breakfast outside in the patio area, when checking in I was upgraded to a corporate suite. So when I was offered a foot & neck massage I thought it was all part of their service. It turned out it was one of the Domo's (porters) who was using this as a front to get into my room and take full advantage of the situation. He asked me to change into a gown and lie down on the bed - I thought this a bit odd, but I had a trust in the hotel and went with it. Next thing I know he has taken my gown off and sat on top of me wearing only his boxer shorts and touching me in inappropriate places. I was so shocked/ angry/ upset/ panicked. I managed to get him off me in a calm manor as I didn't want the situation to get any worse. After he left my room I reported it to the staff and then the hotel director. They seemed very shocked and couldn't do enough to help (or so I thought). I stressed I wanted to press charges with the police and wrote a statement - I was due to leave to the airport at 2am and didn't want to risk not going home so I declined to go personally. I later found out that charges had not been pressed and there was no police reference number. I also later learned by looking on here (Trip Advisor) that the very same member of staff had tried the same thing back in 2008. This upset me hugely as the director had assured me this had never happened before. I have been given confirmation that the member of staff was suspended and I really hope this is the case and that he is never employed in the hotel industry again.
A very sad way to end a great trip in a beautiful country.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
The comments regarding the attitude of the management is unfair. No sooner the complaint was received the services of the staff member was terminated. However, we were legally advised that the complainant needed to make a personal complaint to the police if it was to be investigated by the police since only you would have been privy to the facts. This, we believe would be the case in any country. Apart from immediate dismissal of services of the staff member, we waived off all payments; provided free transportation to the airport; and even reimbursed an upgrade to business class at your insistence. The reference to a previous incident in 2008 is equally unfair since in that instance, there was more than adequate proof that that complaint lacked credibility. All in all we the management have acted fast and swift and without prejudice taking into account only your version of events, however, we could not accommodate a request of further compensation and regret that this forum is used as a result of the same.

Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

A grand old manor with a stylish interior refit. The hotel is hidden from the bustle of the main street and has lovely tree-filled atmosphere. The rooms are spacious, very clean and modern (without being monotonal and stiff). We travelled with a 4th old, but sharing a room with older children would be difficult. The staff are excellent, with a laid-back professionalism and friendliness that makes for a pleasurable stay indeed. A great little hotel.

• Stayed August 2011
Reading your review of your stay at CASA Colombo brought great pleasure to our entire team. We are very happy that you found the atmosphere and ambiance we had to offer, to your satisfaction.

The time you have taken away from your busy schedule to write review of CASA Colombo is greatly appreciated, and we are indeed happy that we have been able to give you and your family a memorable stay at CASA Colombo.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Great hotel! Our "Domo" Kuamara took good care of us, even arranging for a birthday cake and flowers at breakfast, without us mentioning that it was my birthday. We are definitely going back the next time we visit CMB.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
GmCASAColombo, General Manager at Casa Colombo, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of your stay at CASA Colombo. Your observations will be shared with the entire CASA Colombo team, who will no doubt be very pleased that you had an pleasurable stay

We are also very happy that you had an enjoyable and memorable Birthday, and we look forward to seeing you again at CASA Colombo to celebrate many many more birthdays.

CASA Colombo

Been to Casa Colombo? Share your experiences!