We chose to stay here for our last 2 nights in Sri Lanka before heading home. The check-in process was really slow. They were quite busy at the time and we were asked to sit on the nearby lounges to wait for our check-in to be completed, which we did happily with our welcome drinks in hand. And wait we did, until my husband asked them what was taking so long. We were taken to our room, which had all the creature comforts one would expect from a Cinnamon hotel. There are lots of chic little shops in the foyer for those last minute purchases, be they jewellery or homewares. Crescat Boulevard is just next door, with a few excellent tea stores for a take-home momento. Loved the fact that there are 17 restaurants from which to choose to have lunch or dinner, together with a tea lounge and a coffee lounge. Food is meant to be this hotel's speciality but breakfast was a disappointment. We were shown to a table with a soiled tablecloth and which had not been cleaned. Having failed to get the attendant to clean it up, we were moved to a new table. The food was good with a mix of Western and Sri Lankan breakfast favourites (the bircher museli shots are lovely) but not as great as we had been led to believe. The check-out process was similarly slow, and the airport transfer we had booked when we made our reservation was not processed. Overall, a good hotel with all the creature comforts but could do with some fine tuning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 35 kilometers from the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA), luxurious Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo City’s business, shopping and entertainment center.Elegantly designed, spacious rooms at the Cinnamon Grand offer a wide range of in room amenities, king size beds, and a pillow menu to ensure your comfort and pleasure. All rooms feature carefully attended-to bathrooms and toiletries, large flat screen TVs, a mini bar, and WiFi access.The hotel’s 14 restaurants provide an electric mix of international cuisines, including award winning Sri Lankan seafood at the Lagoon Restaurant & Garden, and the best of European fine dining at the London Grill.To wind down, guests can patronize Cinnamon Grand’s poolside ‘Breeze Bar’ or typical British pub style ‘Cheers Pub’, and enjoy a wide range of cocktails, beer and fresh juices.There are two gymnasiums, a spa retreat, a tennis court and two pools. Cinnamon Grand is also located right next to Colombo’s high end shopping mall, Crescat Boulevard.Cinnamon Grand Colombo is fully accessible and is an environmentally friendly property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cinnamon Grand Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Grand Colombo Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Grand Hotel Colombo
- Cinnamon Hotel Colombo
- Colombo Cinnamon Grand Hotel