“Nice restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Limassol, Cyprus
“Nice restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Must try the Chinese restaurant, fantastic fresh lobster for a decent price. You can also enjoy a nice stroll on the beach or even a swim in the ocean.

• Polish first
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
25 attraction reviews
“Worth the trip down, but don't get lost if you take the bus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was staying near the Fort, but decided to take the 100 bus down to Mount Lavinia for dinner at Seafood Cove.It was quite a long trip down on the bus, perhaps 40-45 minutes, but enjoyable to see the streets. On descending from the bus, night had fallen, and it was obvious I was not near Moutn Lavinia hotel. A kindly man called Nero who lived near the hotel saw me looking around puzzled, and when told my destination told me to follow him. He led me down a few fairly dark alleys to the hotel. Probably if I was going for the first time, it might be better in a tuk-tuk. I did take one home after my meal and it cost 750 rupees back to Fort. Anyway, trying to find Seafood Cove restaurant was also difficult, although I followed another couple along the exterior corridors of the hotel towards the beach and we found the place. Invited to dine with them, it was a pleasant evening as we swapped travel stories. The restaurant provided some fresh baked breads and butter, and we had a round of drinks. Afterwards we chose fresh seafood off ice. I got large and small prawns prepared and as you chose the seasfood off ice, the chefs prepared it freshly (after being weighed for payment). Lots of different methods were available to prepare fish and other seafood. There were not so many people in the restaurant, and when my meal came, there were a few extra prawns than I had ordered which I shared around the table. Everyones meal was very tasty. Service was quite slow, but it was very pleasant on the beach chatting with my new found friends, so it didn't matter too much. Food was nicely presented and very tasty, although only small portions of fried and salad.

Would recommend only for the experience, as I did find seafood back in Fort that was just as good, if not better for a much cheaper price. But I went more for the trip and the experience. Bus trip to Mount Lavina from Fort was 30 rupees, (around 20 cents) so not really an expensive trip!. MAke sure you get a metered tuk-tuk so you don't get ripped off. The guard at the front gate can organise you one.

“Mount Lavinia Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel was originally a British Governors residence. Governors rooms are still there and I have visited a friend who stayed there last year. Poolside is adjoining the Governors restaurant where there are different buffets at meal times. AC and non AC. My last visit was to the sea food cove where one can get all types of fresh sea food Chef will prepare the way you prefer once you order. Open air seating by the sea and seating with roof are both available. No AC as you can get the sea breeze direct.

Visited February 2014
3 attraction reviews
“Mount Lavinia beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Mount beach was a very beautiful and tourist place long before. Due to more business activities in the beach it has become more like commercial now. The huts change into concrete buildings at present and taken the natural beauty of the beach. But still it is a nice place to relax and not far away from the main city.

Padstow, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Great place for a lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

During a business trip to Colombo Sri Lanka, got a drive to Mt Lavinia hotel and had a great lunch !! The food was sensational, the view was spectacular, and the pool was brilliant.

The old style hotel was a great site,

Can definately recommend this for a lunch

Visited May 2013