“Palm Nest's a good place to rest” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Nest

You added Palm Nest to your Saves list
Palm Nest
No. 237/9B, Vijaya Mawatha | Rajamaha Vihara Road, Pita Kotte, Colombo 10100, Sri Lanka   |
Ranked #1 of 86 Colombo B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Palm Nest's a good place to rest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The host of this lovely home stay is the inimitable Anomi De Silva. The house that Anomi and her husband have built in this quiet suburb of Colombo is beautifully modern. I stayed at a little annex at the back garden, private yet within calling distance. You can see how clean and adequate it is in my photos. The location of the house being 10 km from the city centre didn't bother me at all. Anomi is able to get a tuk-tuk (three-wheeler taxi) easily to pick you up and take you anywhere in the Colombo area. My short stay in Colombo was made really enjoyable by all the suggestions Anomi made and also by her warmth and hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hi Nora,

Thank you very much for choosing Palm Nest for your accommodation in Colombo and for taking your time for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor and for appreciating our services and hospitality. We look forward to have you again with us in the future...We Wish a New Year filled with joy, peace, surprises and good tidings. Warm Regards from Anomi & Vipul...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Anomi and Wipul are fantastic hosts. I'd stay at Palm Nest anytime! The rooms are spacious, clean and colourful. It's really a beautiful house, located away from the hustle and bustle of Colombo. Great place to begin and end the journey.

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your great review about Palm Nest...It was a pleasure to have a such a nice person staying over with us, kept the place clean and were really friendly and down to earth..We would have loved if you stayed longer. Hope you had a great time in Sri Lanka..We look forward to have you again with us in the future... Wish a New Year filled with joy, peace, surprises and good tidings
Warm regards - Anomi & Vipul
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had the very great pleasure of staying with Anomi and Vipul for six weeks whilst working in Colombo: I could not have asked for a more wonderfully welcoming base. From the very first day, I felt looked after like a long-lost family member. My cute apartment offered everything I needed for my stay, and Anomi was very attentive in keeping it ship-shape for me. Being a short ride out of the centre of the city, it feels like an oasis of calm, in a lovely safe neighbourhood and delightfully free of tourist trappings. Anomi's cooking skills are also worth a special mention, with some of the best meals I tasted in Sri Lanka coming from her kitchen. Always ready with friendly advice, concern, or to share amusing tales of my day, they were helpful in the extreme, whether in calling me tuk-tuks at a moment's notice, or getting up in the small hours to see me off. I have so many memories from my time in Sri Lanka, and some of my fondest are those from Palm Nest of my 'Sri Lankan mother and father'. I couldn't recommend Palm Nest more highly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hi Hannah,

Thank you so much for the lovely comment about Palm Nest. It was not only us, you were also incredibly nice..We really admired you for your very friendly attitude..It was lovely having you stay with us like our daughter since our daughter is far away from us. We enjoyed your company very much. Hope to see your again soon...We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...
Warm regards - Anomi & Vipul...
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Anomi really looked after us for the two days we stayed with her. Firstly she cooked us a very late supper when we arrived, then made the most amazing Sri Lankan Fish breakfast for me and my wife. This far surpassed the typical American style breakfast you find elsewhere. She also waved us off at 5am which was a lovely gesture.

The house is great as are the rooms, it's a bit out of the way though so make sure to take the address written in script with you when you go out. There's also no Wi-fi although if you ask nicely you can use Anomi's computer.

All in all a good choice if you need a bit of home away from home in Sri Lanka.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
anomi_desilva, Owner at Palm Nest, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hi Tim & Bee...

Thank you very much for choosing Palm Nest for your accommodation in Colombo and for taking your time for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor so quickly, appreciating our services and hospitality. We really admired both of you for your very friendly attitude...Hope you are enjoying the beauty of Sri Lanka. Have a safe and wonderful trip...We look forward to have both of you again with us in the future... Warm regards.. Anomi & Vipul..
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hosts, Anomi and Vipul are very friendly and warm couple who will make you feel very welcome.
I along with my 4 colleagues stayed for 4 nights. The rooms are spacious and well kept. The house itself is situated in a very calm and serene locality. This was our first visit to Colombo and Anomi was always their guiding us to tourist places, must visit locations, filling us with travel options to Kandy etc. Be it arranging Taxi or Tuk Tuk or guiding us the best way to reach a destination Anomi was always there. She is a picture of the perfect host .

Thank you Anomi for making our stay in Colombo a memorable one. Vipul many thanks for the beer session. Looking forward to seeing you both in Bangalore, India soon.

Room Tip: The ground floor room has a larger toilet that the first floor room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
anomi_desilva, Owner at Palm Nest, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi Sathis.. Thank you very much for taking time for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor and for appreciating our services and hospitality...Looking forward to have you again with us in the future... Wish you and the team all the best... With love ...Anomi & Vipul
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Palm nest is an ideal place to rest within the city limits of Colombo. It was a wonderful experience and lovely hospitality offered by Anomi and Wipul. Calm and quite surrounding, neat and clean interior and the delicious food help us to have a great rest during our visit to Sri Lanka. I and my wife enjoyed with their lovely company extended towards us.During our stay Anomi offered us traditional and delicious Srl Lankan style food and the beverages.We do hope to visit Sri Lanka again and definitely our stay will be at the " Palm Nest "...Thanks for the great welcome and kindness.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
anomi_desilva, Owner at Palm Nest, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello Sisira.. We greatly appreciate your support to be on top of Triadvisor rankings which will generate more business for us.. We really admired both of you for your very friendly attitude..You are always warmly welcome back... Good Luck... Anomi & Vipul..
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Truely a Home away from home! I traveled to SL alone to do a small course on cake decorating . Anomi aunty and Vipul uncle wer just like my parents , which made me miss home lesser :) A wonderful cook and an amazing host .They showed me around and helped me with every little thing i needed . On the whole , a wonderful stay .!! My Sri-Lankan parents ,u will be missed dearly but i shal visit u soon :) <3 !!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
anomi_desilva, Owner at Palm Nest, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi Divya... Thank you so much for your wonderful review about Palm Nest. We greatly appreciate your support to be on top of Tripadvisor rankings which will generate more business for us.
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Divya..We really enjoyed your company as a daughter of ours during your stay with us.. we never forget you...You are always warmly welcome back... Wish you all the best ...Anomi Aunty

Been to Palm Nest? Share your experiences!