“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in Colombo
Male
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hotel is very good.. we arrived in the mid night without a booking. The receptionists were very helpful and they somehow arranged us two rooms. Premises is just a year old premises, so its new and looks good. Rooms are small but very nice. Clean toilets and room services were also good.

I stayed there for 2 days and it was good. I think hotel can think of making the breakfast menu better. The restaurant is open 24 hrs and so is good for people like us. Pool and gym is also available and that is a plus point.

The hotel is located center of shopping areas and so are very easy. You will find a lot of food places around and so easy to get it. in fact when you come out from Hotel you will find a coffee shop with good stuffs at an affordable rate.

I also think its little bit overpriced otherwise all good. Recommends for short stays

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
Ballarat, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Close to majestic city and eating options. Rooms small but very clean have everything you need, multiple international power points which was great to charge phone, ipad and comp all at once. Only bad side is they don't sell alcohol in this hotel. Tuk tuk ride to most attractions cost 100 - 200 rupees.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Male
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The hotel is located in the city center. Near to plenty of shopping Malls. My friends and I booked the family suite (4pax). Very spacious with a nice seating area. Room service for our dinner was always on time and I enjoyed my New Zealand lamb. The WIFI was a bit dodgy, every other time one had to re-login- quite annoying to be honest. Breakfast buffet was average, they can do better with their menu selection. Since we were sharing the suite with friends it did help on the price part.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel Located in Center of city. Near to MC shopping Mall. Rooms are compact size. Breakfast is good, I enjoyed. There are many restaurants near by so food never an issue. Oh.. I don't like the WiFi, its working hot spot and getting disconnected sometimes its irritating. I felt Reception guys can be little Charming!! Otherwise All ok.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Maldives
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Pros:
+ Spacious, comfortable room with fast Wifi.
+ Very close to Majestic City shopping mall (about 7mins walk away).
+ Breakfast was okay.

Cons:
- Room was way too over priced. Not worth the money. (Then again, all hotels we checked out in Colombo were over-priced).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Colombo, Sri Lanka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is located at a perfect location, reasonable comfortable rooms though they are over priced, good hi speed internet, average breakfast BUT highly non-professional and ill trained reception staff. Very poor communication and understanding of customer management. Recently i had a reservation and when i arrived at the counter, the guy who was even unable to speak properly made me wait for at least 45 mins just to check what rates were given by them for my room. I personally recommend to check few newly operational hotels near Bamblapitya junction !

Room Tip: Top floors with 002 series - Like 9002, 8002, 7002, 6002 - They have good ocean view from balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I booked this hotel with my friend via booking.com, but we booked separately. Then, we cancelled it because we had to change our trip schedule. We did everything correctly and had all evidences. After the booking date that we cancelled, we were charged from this hotel but by AGODA!. Surprisingly, I was charged with the full amount (more than I booked), but my friend was charged less than me. However, she was charged more than one night for sure. We were charged in the different rate even though our booking condition was same (5 nights). Also, we never booked this hotel via AGODA, but we both were charged from AGODA!. After we contacted booking.com for the refund, booking.com confirmed that we had all right evidences, and the hotel promised that they will refund money to us. The following days, we got the email from the hotel that they cannot refund because the hotel did not recieve any official cancellation. We did contact booking.com again, and booking.com COMFIRMED that they sent all document to the hotel already. Then, hotel claimed that we were charged from AGODA, not booking. How come we have to book the hotel via two agents? Stupid!! We asked booking to talked to both hotel and AGODA. Finally, the hotel accepted that they charged from us. SOOO. They said that they will refund money to us asap and sent the proof to us 4 days ago. Until now, we have not got anything. The hotel said than they are busy, and they do not have time to do the refund for us. How could I think of this hotel? I have been using the service of both booking and agoda, but I never have any problem before. This hotel is SUCK! The service is extremly bad. The accounting manager, Shalini, is unreliable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Pearl Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!